DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012

Go down 
+32
saltandburn1967
hostutca
Breanne
TheContender
DiamondSinatra
JJW319
IAmDisappeared
IKeeptheDiner
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
holdsteady82
Bea
azlisa
Zapuda
NYYFAN523
Shorestyle69
Steve70s
TGAforLIFE
redheadchick
'49mercury
A_Regular
Little Eden
ral
jdc
NeverTrustAJunkie
pleasepassthesoup
big blue
damianfazz007
Zach_Edelman
Shrewsbury_Stars
brianisbae
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I hope they play on Conan in the near future just so I can giggle at the height difference between Conan and Brian hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:56 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
For a TV performance this was great. Good work.

As for Ian, it's not the biggest stage, and as the wider public would not expect to see him with TGA, it may have been a simple case of keeping it to the basics, visually in any case.

When you say "it's not the biggest stage" do you mean literally? It's just Springsteen has played on that stage backed by an 8-piece band before - I know Ian's a big man but.................
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:58 pm

dan gaslight wrote:

As for Ian, it's not the biggest stage, and as the wider public would not expect to see him with TGA, it may have been a simple case of keeping it to the basics, visually in any case.

When you say "it's not the biggest stage" do you mean literally? It's just Springsteen has played on that stage backed by an 8-piece band before - I know Ian's a big man but.................

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Quote :

Letterman has almost double the viewers as Fallon.

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/26/late-night-tv-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-16-july-20-2012/142973/

Quote :
Through the first 44 weeks of the 2011-12 broadcast year, "Tonight" (Leno) has increased its total-viewer margin over "Late Show" (Letterman) to 19 percent (3.669 million vs. 3.089 million)

Jimmy Fallon has also established a total-viewer lead over "Late Late Show" this season of 19 percent (1.750 million vs. 1.472 million)

It makes no sense to me that Gaslight would be afraid to startle TV viewers with Ian's presence, especially when they were appearing on a show that's almost half the audience of a show where Ian DID play with them. Nor does it make sense they asked him not to play because of lack of room for him to play.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Breanne wrote:
I hope they play on Conan in the near future just so I can giggle at the height difference between Conan and Brian hahaha
giggle away
Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Tga-conan
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:13 pm

IAmDisappeared wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:

Please guys we may not know the half of it. Lay off.

I've got nothing to "lay off", I'm merely suggesting Brian seems to be struggling with fame and doesn't seem to be having the same kinda fun as T59S days.

You seem very sure it's fame and not something personal. And even if it was fame, how would you know what it's like? Thankfully you seem to be the only one here so unsupportive of whatever he's going through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:18 pm

ral wrote:
Breanne wrote:
giggle away
Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Tga-conan
Ugh i love it hahaha
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:25 pm

dan gaslight wrote:

I did mean it literally; so ok, fair point
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Anyone notice how Brian replaced "Hey hey" with "I ache"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:29 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
Yes, it was kind of cryptic. But awesome as well.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Breanne wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
Yes, it was kind of cryptic. But awesome as well.

He did the same thing during the livestream. I love when he throws in twists like that.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Just seen the Jimmy Fallon performance and I gotta say it reminded me of the older days.

I liked the aggression towards the end as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 am

Great performance! A lot better than Letterman. MAybe some of Brians aggression add something to that performance because he's really on fire. In Letterman and many more times singing live he just doesnt really fucking go for it...maybe saving his voice or something. I think you guys are putting Way too much attention to him having a bad day. He's human just like all the rest of us af at the end of the day. I dont know if Im correct does he have manicdepression or something? That disease is not a joke. I think I know one or two thing about it. Sometimes you really dont want to talk to anybody and just wanna be alone. You know. And tell me if you havent had day like that in your life ha? And with all the touring theyve done in few months and shit load of interviews....

EDIT: and a think that ive noticed a lot of people put a lot of attention towards him. Okay he is the "leader" of the band, probably nicest and funniest guy on planet and a damn good looking guy and I can say that even if I'm a guy Rolling Eyes . I just hope that people would just understand the very basic thing. He's just like us. He's had had the same problems (and still have) that we all do. Just listen to the songs.Dont do it to him what people did to Kurt Cobain(and couple of others also.)) all right Neutral ?

Last edited by Sami on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am

Anyone got a rip of this yet? Program I use refuses to capture it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Klown wrote:
Anyone got a rip of this yet? Program I use refuses to capture it.

here's the web dl - http://www.mediafire.com/?4ifqmyfaiszjs7t

it's 720x420 and the bitrate is only 1000kb/s, so not exactly hd.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Anythings better than nothing, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:36 pm

I have the OTA recording which is obviously much better but I need to edit it and the video is going to be ~500mb. Someday I'll do something with that too.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:38 pm

I just enjoy putting them onto dvd for personal use, so I don't mind the drop in quality a bit.

Would love to one day help make something like they have done over on Jam-River, for PJ tv performances down the years.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm assuming you're talking about the multi-dvd set put together by JasonA, not Jam River. I know they host torrents but Jason's a buddy of mine and he deserves much (if not all) of the credit for putting that together. It's really great.

But yeah, eventually I'll put together a dvd or blu-ray of all the high quality recordings/captures that I have. Right now, I believe the first Letterman appearance is the only US TV performance that I'm missing. I also have the full episode of Jools Holland they appeared on that I've never done anything with. Someday.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Yeah, Jasons stuff and the people that picked up the task after he stopped doing it, or picked up on missing bits.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Sami wrote:
Great performance! A lot better than Letterman. MAybe some of Brians aggression add something to that performance because he's really on fire. In Letterman and many more times singing live he just doesnt really fucking go for it...maybe saving his voice or something. I think you guys are putting Way too much attention to him having a bad day. He's human just like all the rest of us af at the end of the day. I dont know if Im correct does he have manicdepression or something? That disease is not a joke. I think I know one or two thing about it. Sometimes you really dont want to talk to anybody and just wanna be alone. You know. And tell me if you havent had day like that in your life ha? And with all the touring theyve done in few months and shit load of interviews....

EDIT: and a think that ive noticed a lot of people put a lot of attention towards him. Okay he is the "leader" of the band, probably nicest and funniest guy on planet and a damn good looking guy and I can say that even if I'm a guy Rolling Eyes . I just hope that people would just understand the very basic thing. He's just like us. He's had had the same problems (and still have) that we all do. Just listen to the songs.Dont do it to him what people did to Kurt Cobain(and couple of others also.)) all right Neutral ?

I totally agree but I think for the most part people are just saying "he had a bad day" and a few of us are expressing slight concern just because we care. There's nothing wrong with caring about these guys AND their music. If we start speculating about what's going on in their personal lives, yes, that's unfair/not okay but just saying "hope everything's okay" and then dropping it is fine.

I don't want to start speculating about him being manic depressive. He has said (there's a youtube video to prove it) that he's got a panic disorder, and while both are in the "anxiety disorder" category they are WAY different and I'd bet it has nothing to do with how his day was that day. I say this with some authority as I have a panic disorder too. But let's leave that there. I don't wanna speculate beyond what he has actually said publicly. That's unfair to him.

I agree though, there's a line between expressing concern and going off on crazy speculation or discussion of minor things or criticizing him over stuff he said when he was in a bad mood. I think we're all pretty good about watching this line though. For the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Personally, I'm just interested in why Ian wasn't playing. Did we ever get a concrete answer on that?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Matt L wrote:
Personally, I'm just interested in why Ian wasn't playing. Did we ever get a concrete answer on that?

Haha I don't think we're gonna.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Sami wrote:

Christ, over-reacting much? Cobain was a junkie with major problems. As were, I'm willing to bet, a fair share of the 'others' you didn't mention. Not one fan killed Cobain, to suggest otherwise, is pure lunacy. If you can't see the difference in the two, then there's no use in trying to explain. Unless Brian moves in with Dave Hause and Matt Skiba, then I don't think there's any way to worry about fame getting to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Klown wrote:
Sami wrote:

Christ, over-reacting much? Cobain was a junkie with major problems. As were, I'm willing to bet, a fair share of the 'others' you didn't mention. Not one fan killed Cobain, to suggest otherwise, is pure lunacy. If you can't see the difference in the two, then there's no use in trying to explain. Unless Brian moves in with Dave Hause and Matt Skiba, then I don't think there's any way to worry about fame getting to him.

Well. I knew that somebody will bring the junkie card. Well you know this guy name Bruce Springsteen. Is he a junkie? Have he ever used drugs? Have he seriously thinked about suicide? Yes. And at the height of his career and telling about when he was really really lost with his fame and all the people putting this "voice of generation" thing over his head and all that. Got to be hard. Okay, maybe kinda overreacting with suicide card and Brians fame is nowhere close to that, but you never know what the future brings. He really seems that kinda guy that a lot of people can really relate. Even in a small level they are. Just kinda annoyed about people putting way too much thought that Brian didnt want to talk to them in one day and thats what come out. I wansn't compering to him to Cobain so no need to explain, but thanks for that. You can explain me some other stuff if you have time in your hands...

And for the manicdepression thing. I might be really wrong and I'm sorry if I am, but I just have this memory that I've read it somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012   Jimmy Fallon July  27, 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Fallon July 27, 2012
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next