DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:58 am

Gonna be in Amsterdam next week for Ed Vedder solo shows, does anybody know a good music indipendent shop in the city?

thank you cheers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm

The ones that I know of are:

Fame (address: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 182) wich is inside a small kind of mall. They used to have a huge store but they had to move to a smaller one due of declining recordsales. They used to be quite good, don't know what they're like now.

And

Independent Outlet (address: Vijzelstraat 77). They call themself Amsterdam’s most hardcore skateboard, punk, clothing & shoe store since 1995.They used to have a basement packed with vinyl and cd's. Last time I went there they changed the place and the basement was gone. They still got some vinyl left though.

And these are some I found on google. Haven't been there so can't you tell anything about them.

VelvetMusic (address: Rozengracht 40). They've got a small store at the Lowlands Festival which was alright. The pictures on the website look nice though.

Distortion Records (address: Westerstraat 244). I've never been there. Don't know anything about the store but their online catalogue seems allright.
Back to top Go down
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:46 pm

BuddyHolly wrote:
The ones that I know of are:

Fame (address: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 182) wich is inside a small kind of mall. They used to have a huge store but they had to move to a smaller one due of declining recordsales. They used to be quite good, don't know what they're like now.

And

Independent Outlet (address: Vijzelstraat 77). They call themself Amsterdam’s most hardcore skateboard, punk, clothing & shoe store since 1995.They used to have a basement packed with vinyl and cd's. Last time I went there they changed the place and the basement was gone. They still got some vinyl left though.

And these are some I found on google. Haven't been there so can't you tell anything about them.

VelvetMusic (address: Rozengracht 40). They've got a small store at the Lowlands Festival which was alright. The pictures on the website look nice though.

Distortion Records (address: Westerstraat 244). I've never been there. Don't know anything about the store but their online catalogue seems allright.

thank you. never been to amsterdam, so excited about the town and Ed solo show Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:43 pm

That show should be awesome! Eddie Vedder solo is and so is the theater he'll be playing. Have a great time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm going to Amsterdam in just over a week myself. Was wondering if anyone had any more places to recommend checking out? Not just record stores but anything interesting/worthy of a look!
I need to expand on my list of things to see and do!
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't know what you like to do. Most younger tourists just go there to smoke pod and to go to the red light district (which you should check if it's your first time in Amsterdam). Older tourists seem to like to check out art (Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum). I guess you should just go for a walk trough the city and check out the canals and typical Amsterdam architecture. You'll probably end up seeing Dam square anyway.

Then again, I don't know what you'd like to do when on holiday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Well I've only really got 2 days worth of time to venture about. I'll be going to the Melkweg for a gig on the first evening..but I'm not really looking for anything specific to do..just anything enjoyable! And if there are any particular places in mind that anyone thinks are really cool then it'd be nice to hear recommendations regardless of what my usual interests are Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!   Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl/good music shop in Amsterdam!
Page 1 of 1