DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club

Go down 
+13
Jerseyrain
enola
IKeeptheDiner
ral
njguy99
IrishNameAndAnInjury
SirBrad
StitchesOnTheRadio
jdc
JJW319
moonlight
A_Regular
CluckyB
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 am

Nahhhhh...this way there's two different "Christmas morning" feelings. The feeling of rushing to my computer yesterday and slapping on my headphones. Then next Monday/Tuesday when my package comes in and I can do the same with the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 am

There's a rumor that the handwritten video may be out today. I may have to give in and watch if that's true...
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 am

CluckyB wrote:
SirBrad wrote:
Oh man, you guys are missing out. I am finally sitting down to listen to it straight though...it sounds great. The quality is pretty decent with good headphones. I imagine the iTunes DL will be of similar quality.

Anyhow, I respect those holding out...but you're still missing out. Very Happy

Not to be rude or anything, but this is kinda like going to an AA meeting talking about how awesome last night drinking with friends was. Point of this thread is to try and hold off on listening to the album, we don't need people telling us how awesome it is here. There is plenty of that on the rest of the internet bounce

I agree...I shouldn't have posted that but was just trying to have some fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 am

njguy99 wrote:
There's a rumor that the handwritten video may be out today. I may have to give in and watch if that's true...
If thats the case, then yes. Watch it. The video I know will be amazing and a good excuse to temporary lift the no listening until vinyl clause.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:06 am

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
If thats the case, then yes. Watch it. The video I know will be amazing and a good excuse to temporary lift the no listening until vinyl clause.

if the video does come out. i'm gonna cheat and listen to Handwritten first a few times then watch the video.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am

Waiting it out for everything. Definitely not listening a stream quality and not listening to the song Handwritten days before I'll have the complete album. My interpunk order says its expected in stock in 1 day so maybe I'll get it Friday or Saturday if I'm lucky.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

This! I'll watch the video if it comes out today (which I hope it does!), but I'm still staying away from the stream and clips and all of that. Preorders should start arriving by the end of the week, beginning of next week, so I'm waiting until then to hear the whole album, start to finish. It will be worth the torment of trying to ignore these previews! geek
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Let's share stories of our first time.....listening to American Slang and '59 Sound that is!

I closed my bedroom door.

dimmed the lights, even closed the blinds.

put the record on.

laid in bed.

and man about 45 minutes later I was a changed man...
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Let's share stories of our first time.....listening to American Slang and '59 Sound that is!

I closed my bedroom door.

dimmed the lights, even closed the blinds.

put the record on.

laid in bed.

and man about 45 minutes later I was a changed man...

Summer of 2009, I was 15 years old. Browing internet late at night, end up looking at an amazon forum or something, people are talking about new bands that are good. At this point I'm kinda falling out of love with music, nothing really was capturing me. So I'm going through Itunes previews of the bands people are recommending. One guy says there's this band called Gaslight Anthem with this really good album '59 Sound. Nearly falling asleep I go in itunes for one more preview of a band I surely will not like. I go to 59 sound, click the preview for Great Expectations. 10 seconds later I pause it and say wait...holy shit..

So I buy the album on Itunes put it on my Ipod and turn my computer and lights off and listen to it. I can't even describe the feeling I got. Like, after the first 3 songs I wasn't even considering that I would love the rest of the album just as much, I was just thankful that I had found 3 of the greatest songs I'd ever heard in my life.

Then the songs kept going. All I remember is being like "Ok...the next song will be a filler track or something. Rest of the album won't be as good but whatever..." and then suddenly I'm on track 11 and I realize that all 10 of the songs I just heard blew away every song I've ever heard before. Then Here's Looking atYou kid comes on and I think my world shattered.

So yeah, it was a big deal haha

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 pm

First time I heard the band was on car rides with my older brother. He's a rather gruff, non-conversationalist person, so I remembered a few song lyrics and found the band on Google. I then had to find a way to steal the songs from my brother's iTunes, and listened to Sink or Swim and Senor & The Queen in full on lonely bike rides around town. This experience as a "travel band" have always stuck with me, and the song always grab me whenever I'm walking around or biking or driving.

The '59 Sound was first listened to on a long car ride as well. Not as interesting a story as Sink or Swim and Senor & The Queen.

American Slang was listened to in full a few days after release. I had it playing while doing homework and writing stuff down. It was nice, and I still love American Slang (though a lot of people like to look at it in a more negative light.)

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:22 pm

So torn. Handwritten vid is out... Early reviews are "brilliant" and "best video yet"... But you can't watch in the US yet, except though the tunnel...

Argh! What to do, what to do...
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:23 pm

njguy99 wrote:
So torn. Handwritten vid is out... Early reviews are "brilliant" and "best video yet"... But you can't watch in the US yet, except though the tunnel...

Argh! What to do, what to do...

I skimmed through it muted to see some of the visuals. Honestly, I am not even considering listening to a new song when I'll have the album in under a week. Just seems foolish, to me.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 pm

So I love you all, don't hate me, but I caved and I don't regret it.

Stay strong people! I'll see you on the flipside!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

=( *waves wand of guilt* bounce
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 am

Oh Shelby...how could you... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:37 am

CluckyB wrote:

Haha that smilie is how I feel!
bounce

I'm sorry I'm weak!! and b/c I had to see if I was in the Handwritten video (i was for a second!) so I ended up hearing the song, and well, I decided if I know this many tracks I may as well do it.

When it comes out, I highly recommend laying down with the lights off and a box of tissues and just press play. Best idea ever.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 am

WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING POSTING HERE! YOU ALREADY LISTENED TO IT. JUST LEAVE! Sad

In all honesty, streams/leaks get to the best of us haha. You got roughly two more years (if they're going by the same pattern between albums) to get some more will power Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:23 am

I'm giving up this Saturday...since it looks more and more like my cd is going to be late. Argh!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 am

Im still holding out strong. Only listened to 45 and Handwritten a cew times via the video. If not writing on this thread (unless youre mocking) then you are weak, weak, WEAK ha
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:37 am

CluckyB wrote:

bounce

I'm sorry I'm weak!! and b/c I had to see if I was in the Handwritten video (i was for a second!) so I ended up hearing the song, and well, I decided if I know this many tracks I may as well do it.

When it comes out, I highly recommend laying down with the lights off and a box of tissues and just press play. Best idea ever.
Where exactly are you in the video?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm officially out of this club. Sorry guys! See ya next week...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

bounce

Haha, for like a second when the "other band" walks to the stage. I'm off to the left cheering for them. Part of my face shows up like one other time (which I didn't even notice until I saw it in HD) but they didn't have that much light on us because I was in the second row of the crowd but also the back row haha.

Here's a screencap though.

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Pictur10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Is anybody still with me here?!?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Harbortown wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

bounce

Haha, for like a second when the "other band" walks to the stage. I'm off to the left cheering for them. Part of my face shows up like one other time (which I didn't even notice until I saw it in HD) but they didn't have that much light on us because I was in the second row of the crowd but also the back row haha.

Here's a screencap though.

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Pictur10
No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 DaydreamNo Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 DaydreamNo Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 DaydreamNo Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Daydream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club   No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Listening Til Vinyl Support Club
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next