DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III

Go down 
+3
Shrewsbury_Stars
cowgirlwiththeblues
steady now steady now
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Empty
PostSubject: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 7:22 am

I am still looking for the following vinyl:

'Elsie' cherry swirl (the tour edition)

45RMP Club, Vol.III (GE & 59S)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 8:21 am

Well somebody’s selling a Cherry Swirl Elsie on ebay for $99, not sure what they were new, but I suspect that’s a 4-5x mark up. With postage and import taxes it would work out at over £100! I’m really hoping somebody else buys it; I’m not that desperate at the moment, but if I have a bad day and need cheering up, who knows? It would be a ridiculous amount to spend. Apparently there are still some on the current tour, but no idea if any will be left by November.

I do hate these tour exclusives. I’m sure the idea is that they go to the genuine fans who attend the shows, but what actually happens is that the people who live close enough buy them all up and make massive profits selling them on to collectors in other parts of the world. The same thing happened with the Get Hurt exclusive.

If I’m going to pay £100 for a record, I’d much rather my money actually went to the band than to some opportunist who just happened to be at the right show!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Danny the merch guy posted a pic on instragram of merch table recently. It looked like they were still selling the cherry swirl vinyl. If they have it at the 9/26 show, I can grab it for you.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Danny the merch guy posted a pic on instragram of merch table recently. It looked like they were still selling the cherry swirl vinyl. If they have it at the 9/26 show, I can grab it for you.

yes please!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 8:31 pm

I picked up the Elsie vinyl for you Alexander.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I picked up the Elsie vinyl for you Alexander.

High Five
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 4:05 pm

I believe it sold out last night - I got it at the beginning of the night but didn't see it there at the end. So that's all of them, unless they're getting a new shipment.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Oh crap...it was strictly limited to 300, so I don't think there'll be another shipment. Was hoping for some left by the U.K. tour. I guess £97 on eBay might be my best bet after all.

I really do loathe these scummy people that are just out to make a profit at everyone else's expense. 😡

Last edited by cowgirlwiththeblues on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 5:23 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Oh crap...it was strictly limited to 300, so I don't think there'll be another shipment.Eas hoping for some left by the U.K. your.  I guess £97 on eBay might be my best bet after all.

I really do loathe these scummy people that are just out to make a profit at everyone else's expense. 😡

I don't see why they couldn't have split these between the US and Euro tours, but the same thing happened with the Get Hurt tour vinyl.

But then again I usually don't understand why they do what they do or don't do ...
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 5:25 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Oh crap...it was strictly limited to 300, so I don't think there'll be another shipment.Eas hoping for some left by the U.K. your.  I guess £97 on eBay might be my best bet after all.

I don't see why they couldn't have split these between the US and Euro tours, but the same thing happened with the Get Hurt tour vinyl.

But then again I usually don't understand why they do what they do or don't do ...

It's possible they didn't take all 300 out with them at once? Not sure what standard operating procedure is on that.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Hope so.

The Get Hurt one is what worries me...that just went up and up and cost me an absolute fortune, so it may be that if I wait I'll think £97 was a good deal after all. Only reason I haven't already done it is that I don't want my money going to the kind of people that would be asking for that much at this point...not like they've had it for years and got attached to it.

Have posted on Twitter offering the difference to charity, so hopefully one of my four or so followers will be able to help!

Really bugs me; by the end of the year I will have been to 8 shows this year, so there really shouldn't be anything for sale that's too exclusive for me!
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 pm

I think you just gave me the idea to donate proceeds to charity if I ever feel the urge to sell off my vinyl. And it makes sense... it's sort of the only thing that would justify charging extortion prices for pieces of wax.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 6:26 pm

I honestly don't mind paying a lot of money for a record if someone has had it a long time, or wants to get back what they pay for it. But I know neither of those is the case here. I really hope somebody bites, as I'd much rather my money went to a good cause.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 4:44 am

Aaaargh! Now somebody's bought the stupidly expensive one, so I don't even have that option to fall back on. I have a suspicion I may regret that.

Just as I got my last two SoS pressings as well. Maybe I'll always be one record short of a full collection...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am

Aaaargh!  Now somebody's bought the stupidly expensive one, so I don't even have that option to fall back on.  I have a suspicion I may regret that.

Just as I got my last two SoS pressings as well.  Maybe I'll always be one record short of a full collection...

Especially when it comes to standard re-pressings, there comes a point when you have to say 'enough is enough'.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 1:08 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Aaaargh!  Now somebody's bought the stupidly expensive one, so I don't even have that option to fall back on.  I have a suspicion I may regret that.

Just as I got my last two SoS pressings as well.  Maybe I'll always be one record short of a full collection...

Especially when it comes to standard re-pressings, there comes a point when you have to say 'enough is enough'.

Yep. This is why I only collect rarest first pressings.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 4:11 am

if anyone is going to any of the US shows , please can they pick me up a cherry swirl copy , I did think I had one , but starting to give up on the person coming through now , really not sure why ? I did see the one on ebay but thought it was silly money as I believe they are still on the merch stand at the gigs. Will pay a fair price but that was over the top.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 pm

If you're still looking for one of these, Side One Dummy have them on their web store now. No idea how many they have, but I've got mine ordered. Very excited about it!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 7:09 am

If you're still looking for one of these, Side One Dummy have them on their web store now. No idea how many they have, but I've got mine ordered. Very excited about it!

Thanks for that.

I asked SideOneDummy if these were still part of the same pressing, which was limited to 300, according to the sign at shows, and they confirmed:

"this is the same pressing, just new to our store. we found a handful of them in the warehouse while cleaning up last month!"
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 8:48 am

It's interesting that they always seem to hold a few back, even when they aren't even selling them through the store! I've had a few bits from them that have been sold out for ages, and they suddenly just find the odd one and bang it in their web store. Not complaining at all, I've done well out of it, and definitely worth remembering for those hard to get items in the future!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I ended up grabbing one yesterday, couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Grabbed one too. Been looking for ages on eBay and then saw something on Twitter from S1D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:25 pm

It's so pretty...may be my favourite yet.
Back to top Go down
LaVidaLoca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:49 am

Got mine from S1D! There are still cherry swirls in stock Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III   Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for vinyl: 'Elsie' cherry swirl & 45RMP Club Vol.III
Page 1 of 1