DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NPR stream of full album

Go down 
+50
HorribleCrowe
NDTGA
Van Der Twix
Try Me
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
bt211
azlisa
fullcollapse
CasanovaBaby90
DryCounty
DiamondSinatra
TGA30
Chesser19
J_Bizness
Harbortown
JJW319
njguy99
ral
Labhras
thebiglebowski
Jack
Bea
redheadchick
oh_megan
brucesboots
enola
big blue
ashleybb
Yozzy
Don Carlo
NYYFAN523
jdc
RobertODonnell
riversedge
Holland
A_Regular
brianisbae
RandyMachoManCabbage
acousticbandit
elliott4296
Emusic
eagles1139
DaleCooper
StitchesOnTheRadio
saltandburn1967
rgillies
Danieljsmith
joe
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Is this a joke? Im on my phone at the torono show right now!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Bea wrote:
since this is an official stream, can we officially say then that this album hasn't leaked?

I'd say so. The rip of it going around is most likely just taken from the stream, so I'd say it didn't actually leak. I'm impressed!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm

!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT !!!

What a perfect way to finish a hot summer day!

I avoided the short clips last week but to be able to listen to the full record on NPR in the week leading up to the release is perfect. I have great Altec Lansing speakers for my computer that are more or less as good as my Bose so quality is great for me. Happy to be able to get a little familiar with the songs before the NYC show next Tuesday, hoping they'll play at least a few of these songs.

On my second listen now while waiting for the Toronto stream and it keeps sounding better and better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

i love the fuck out of the whole album. handwritten, mulholland drive, national anthem, and mae are some of the most perfectly, beautifully constructed songs that brians ever written. album of the year, ladies and gentlemen..
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:40 pm

I have so many goosebumps and shivers all over my body!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 pm

azlisa wrote:
I have so many goosebumps and shivers all over my body!

i think that's the reaction from most of us here, haha.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Avoided all the sample listens and what not over the last few weeks but just had to listen to it once I heard all o it was steaming.

Played it in the background while working out earlier then had another listen when messing about on facebook and whatnot. Finally sat down with a bottle of Jameson, some ice, and really listened. Wow! Just wow, I'm probably seriously hyberbolic atm but what an album . Seriously rivals 59S for me right now.

Mae, National Anthem, Too Much Blood, Howl all stand out tracks for me. Again, wow!

A proper, mature, fully blown amazing album, a perfect mix between SOS TGA, 59S TGA and Elsie.

Once more - Wow!

(Ever so slightly drunken at this point haha)
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm reserving hyperbolic praise for the entire record for now.

Positives: 45 is still perfect, Handwritten is mind-blowing, Here Comes My Man is amazing. Keepsake and Too Much Blood sound really fantastic. National Anthem sounds really good.

Neutrals (no negatives!): I feel like all the standout tracks happen really early. Very 90s in that way (i.e. "Hey, guys, let's put our first three singles as tracks 1, 2 and 3") And like I said, Keepsake and Too Much Blood are my favorites outside of 1-3.

On The Impossible Past can rest easy for now.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Bea wrote:
since this is an official stream, can we officially say then that this album hasn't leaked?

I'd say so. The rip of it going around is most likely just taken from the stream, so I'd say it didn't actually leak. I'm impressed!

That being said, those who want the MP3, you can access it by the NPR mobile site, http://m.npr.org/story/156551726?url=/2012/07/10/156551726/first-listen-the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten Click Listen Now. That'll lead you to the full 40 minute MP3.

If admins think this will get anyone in trouble, by all means delete it. Since the release is legit, I didn't think it would be an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Attention Everyone:

Keepsake.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
Bea wrote:

That being said, those who want the MP3, you can access it by the NPR mobile site, http://m.npr.org/story/156551726?url=/2012/07/10/156551726/first-listen-the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten Click Listen Now. That'll lead you to the full 40 minute MP3.

If admins think this will get anyone in trouble, by all means delete it. Since the release is legit, I didn't think it would be an issue.

Yeah, just no rips, offering, asking for, asking how to etc. I mean seriously you don't need to come here to figure that stuff out.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Attention Everyone:

Keepsake.

That is all.

Great song. The..."in my heart, heart, heart!" part brings it down a notch for me. Kinda corny. Album is amazing though...
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:38 am

Going through second listen of the album now, liking what I hear, different!
Back to top Go down
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:50 am

omg.

NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Tumblr_m5ogfxB1631qbem3g
Back to top Go down
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:12 am

Holy wow this is good. "Howl" is the clear highlight for me, even among a group of terrific songs. Its a perfect 125 seconds.

I'm feeling much more like the first time I heard '59 Sound then the first time I heard American Slang - which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 am

I can put 45 and Here Comes My Man in perspective now.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 am

I listened to Handwritten........AMAZING!! That guitar bridge is so epic, and the outro is classic Gaslight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 am

Refusing to listen. My ritual is to play the cd/ vinyl and read the lyiric book through with my first listen. I aint giving in to this. I understand some of you aren't as mentally strong as me though Wink
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:50 am

Hoping the iTunes will be 320kb
Back to top Go down
Jables
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jables

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:51 am

I feel all light headed from the awesomeness, and I've only just finished Biloxi Parish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:53 am

Jables wrote:
I feel all light headed from the awesomeness, and I've only just finished Biloxi Parish Very Happy

It sounds so different from the live versions we heard.
Back to top Go down
Jables
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jables

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:05 am

HorribleCrowe wrote:
Jables wrote:

It sounds so different from the live versions we heard.
I thought that too, and as much as I love this version, I'd say I prefer the live version (although I could say that about almost all of their songs)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 am

You can now discuss the album at

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4448p80-handwritten-your-impressions-comments-and-declarations-of-love

This thread has hence been locked.

Reminder: full offocial album stream at http://www.npr.org/2012/07/10/156551726/first-listen-the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPR stream of full album   NPR stream of full album - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NPR stream of full album
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4