DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape

Go down 
+3
lynchyeatspizza
simo
Stevearm
7 posters

What did you think of Stevearms' tape?
Five Stars! Every track was awesome!
6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_lcap25%6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Four Stars! I am going to check out a few of these bands
6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_lcap25%6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Three Stars.. atleast there was one band I want to check out
6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_lcap50%6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Two stars... not bad to listen to, nothing I want to get into though
6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_lcap0%6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
one star. bleh. not my style
6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_lcap0%6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:33 pm

http://rapidshare.com/files/252886060/Stevens_Mixtape.rar.html (FIXED)

1. Common Rider - Classics of Love

2. Against Me! - You Look Like I Need A drink

3. The Briggs - Bored Teenager

4. Bouncing Souls - I'm From There

5. Oingo Boingo - We Close Our Eyes

6. Sonic Boom Six - Sounds Of A Revolutiont

7. Social Distortion - Don't Think Twice (cover)

8. Flogging Molly - These Exiled Years

9. Bandits Of The Acoustic Revolution

10. Brian Fallon - Nine Crimes (cover)

11. Dear And The Headlights - Carl Solomon Blues

12. The Riot Before - We Are Wild Stallions

Last edited by Stevearm on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Bouncing Souls are pretty cool from what I've heard, but "True Believers" sounds to me like a complete rip from the Ramones' "My Brain is Hanging Upside Down." Doesn't stop me from rocking out to the song though.

I've actually only heard 2 or 3 songs by The Souls I think...
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Cheers Steve. Thanks for helping out and filling in. Look slike a good mix. Can't wait til it finishes downloading.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:09 am

wow you were prepared huh? had it up in like two hours. but yeah, lots of bands i either love (BOTAR, the Souls, The Riot Before, Social D AM!), or have heard a lot about and never really checked out (Flogging Molly, SB6, Common Rider), so maybe this mix will get me some new favorite bands

and sorry about stealing It's a Wonderful Life. They Provide the Paint should suffice though

ever heard Allister's cover of We Close Our Eyes? i love it. i like it more than the Oingo Boingo version, but that's obviously just 'cause i heard the Allister version first, and Allister was my favorite band in middle school. here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTt5oSV-unM

however, Reel Big Fish's cover of that song is atrocious

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:10 am

Jukebox, did  Dear And The Headlights - Carl Solomon Blues:work for you? The file i got was a short cut, not an actual file.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 am

it's still downloading for me. i'll let you know in a second
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:15 am

ahh k cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:27 am

yeah it didn't work for me either. here's the song on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2gYPbwhQ0

you can rip it with www.vixy.net or just listen to it and don't rip it if you don't like it

oh, and Steve, have you ever heard of One Cool Guy? they got a little ska/hip-hop thing going on. you might like them
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:36 am

Stevearm, the track Dear And The Headlights - Carl Solomon Blues was not in the rar file. There was a file with its name, but this file was a short cut to the actual file, which is on your computer, so obviously, we cannot listen to it.
Either don't worry about it, re upload your mixtape to include that song, or upload that song alone and send us a link.
I would prefer an upload of just that song, to save on time and MB's, but i'm sure people who havn't already downloaded the mixtape (everyone but me and JB) would prefer just to download the one file, so maybe a re-upload of the whole thing would be best.

BTW Thanks for the link jukebox.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:16 am

ahhh alright thanks for letting me know, here is the song by itself

http://rapidshare.com/files/252879339/._03_Carl_Solomon_Blues.rar.html

I will re-upload it tonight, so it will be updated sometime tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 am

Alright the mix tape is fixed, new link is posted up top
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:15 am

Thanks Steven, but still the link to the single song doesn't work. Don't worry though, i got the song from another link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:58 am

i love botar and don't care that "it's a beautiful life" was alreday taken, i prefer "they provide..." anyway

i know only one song with such a long title:
"there is a good reason these tables are numbered honey, you just haven'td thought of it yet"

just started downloading it...
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:30 am

I love the first three songs, of course AM! is always brilliant (listened to it twice!) but I really like that first song, I mean, really!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Just a heads up. Its not a Social D song but a solo Mike Ness track. Its from the Cheating at Solitaire Album. And agreed that its better than the Dylan version
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:42 am

I really enjoyed this mixtape - I love the Bandits track and the first song too. Oh, and does everyone know which song fuck you i won't do what you tell me comes from? I remember cranking that RATM track when younger, when it came out actually, and thinking it was the best song ever! They rule!

The Souls are not bad also, I'll have to give them a listen - any ideas as to songs I should start off with?
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 am

Really?
Its killing in the name of. Its a brilliant track but soooooo overplayed.
Check out the following:
Mic check, bulls on parade, calm like a bomb, testify, down rodeo, know your enemy, new millenium homes, sleep now in the fire. You know what, check it ALL out. So good
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:18 am

Of course I know RATM! Come on! Like I said, we used to blare that in our cars when it first came out - it was also one of the first guitar licks I mastered, and can still play today!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:42 pm

for the Souls, just listen to their 3 most recent albums, How I Spent My Summer Vacation, Anchors Aweigh, and The Gold Record. or for some songs, try:

Kids and Heroes
True Believers
Sing Along Forever
Kid
So Jersey
Lean On Sheena
The Gold Song
The Something Special
Broken Record

i could go on and on, but i'll stop there. one of the best bands ever. and if they ever play a show near you, make sure you go see 'em. so much fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:12 pm

So what do i have got to say:
somehow my media player didn't want to play "carl solomon blues" and i don't know why.
I really love the b.o.t.a.r. song and I can't wait until they bring out "99 songs of revolution" with streetlight.

when listening through your mixtape, "9 crimes" was the song that cought my ear the most, so i searched for the original on youtube and i like that one even better.

the song that became my total favourite one is "we close our eyes" and i listened to it a lot of times by now Wink

i enjoyed your mixtape even though "sounds of revolution" was a ong i reall had to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Grazer wrote:
So what do i have got to say:
somehow my media player didn't want to play "carl solomon blues" and i don't know why.
I really love the b.o.t.a.r. song and I can't wait until they bring out "99 songs of revolution" with streetlight.

when listening through your mixtape, "9 crimes" was the song that cought my ear the most, so i searched for the original on youtube and i like that one even better.

the song that became my total favourite one is "we close our eyes" and i listened to it a lot of times by now Wink

i enjoyed your mixtape even though "sounds of revolution" was a ong i reall had to get used to.

Well if You've never listened to Oingo Boingo then you should seriously check out their other stuff, look up Only A Lad, Dead Man's Party, and Who Do You Want To Be, and for lulz check out Little Girls haha, enjoy.

P.S. I know what you mean by the Sounds of a Revolution thing, took me a while to get used to it also
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:43 am

simo wrote:
Bouncing Souls are pretty cool from what I've heard, but "True Believers" sounds to me like a complete rip from the Ramones' "My Brain is Hanging Upside Down." Doesn't stop me from rocking out to the song though.

I've actually only heard 2 or 3 songs by The Souls I think...
I've never noticed that before . They are pretty similar, but still, True Believers is absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:38 am

Sorry i'm a bit late and its not very in depth. ive been really busy. But here's what i have to say :

1. Common Rider - Classics of Love - Good song, I love how fast he sings. It's almost like he's rapping although its nothing like rap. I will check out this band.

2. Against Me! - You Look Like I Need A drink - Another Good AM! song. These guys are amazing.

3. The Briggs - Bored Teenager - Got into the briggs a while back, and this is one of the best songs of numbers. Although I prefer Come All You Madmen.

4. Bouncing Souls - I'm From There - The souls are so awesome. A great song by them, although the two minute silence is sort of strange in the middle of a mixtape. Oh well, this songs rules.

5. Oingo Boingo - We Close Our Eyes - A very different song to most stuff on this mix and on other peoples mix's. It's alright. I dont love it though, and It hasnt convinced me to check this band out.

6. Sonic Boom Six - Sounds Of A Revolution - I'd heard of these guys, and have a few songs. Bigger than punk rock is my favourite by them, but I don't really like this type of music. The heavy guitar and rap dont match in my mind.

7. Social Distortion - Don't Think Twice (cover) - Good song, Social D rule. And i agree with you, it is better than the orginal Smile

8. Flogging Molly - These Exiled Years - Bit slow for my liking, I rather Black Friday Rule and Drunken Lullabies Flogging Molly, but this song is still okay.

9. Bandits Of The Acoustic Revolution - They Provide The Paint For The Picture Perfect Masterpiece That You Will Paint On The Inside Of Your Eyelids - What a title. I like this song Smile it's got the tempo i like Flogging Molly songs to be like Smile

10. Brian Fallon - Nine Crimes (cover) - One Word. Breathtaking.

11. Dear And The Headlights - Carl Solomon Blues - Took me a while to get this, (Thanks Jukebox BTW, I got the audio from the yuotube video) A pretty good song.

12. The Riot Before - We Are Wild Stallions - I love TRB. Definately one of the best songs from Fists Buried In Pockets.

Thanks for the Mixtape Steven. There were a few band's ill look into, and a few songs that I don't love atm, but I'm sure they'll grow on me. (Sonic Boom Six)
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 pm

i know i downloaded this mixtape awhile back, dont know where i put the cd i burnt! im loving the oingo boingo though, never have known many people who were into them. i had "little girls" as the ring tone on my phone for a long time, half expected people to look at me odd when my phone starts going off, "i love little girls, they make me feel so good"

i also really like the riot before song. thanks for the music!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape   6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th - 11th July: Stevearm's Mixtape
Page 1 of 1