DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' vinyl

Go down 
+44
SirBrad
19thirty
IFeelBlue
TGAforLIFE
RandyMachoManCabbage
osumarko
xahhx
CluckyB
Van Der Twix
Resolve
tyoac
heartlikeatomb
IAmDisappeared
jerzshore732
Don Carlo
enola
holdsteady82
nynkr
kcdc
simo
DaleCooper
think-or-swim
bringiton
Dearly Departed
A_Regular
Johnxazn
brucesboots
Crockin
fake_empire
Vibes
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
snakester
Bea
Klown
Sinngh
thomas94
HorribleCrowe
ral
bobbyjames
moodydan
moreblue
steady now steady now
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:49 am

Hey guys,

I've ordered my copy of Handwritten from the S1D store but the order it's still "on processing". Why it takes so much time? Does anyone here has my same problem?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:23 pm

IFeelBlue wrote:
Hey guys,

I've ordered my copy of Handwritten from the S1D store but the order it's still "on processing". Why it takes so much time? Does anyone here has my same problem?

known that in the past on orders from S1D , i wouldnt be worried.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

brucesboots wrote:
IFeelBlue wrote:
Hey guys,

known that in the past on orders from S1D , i wouldnt be worried.

Last time they told about the vinyl delay, Flight 13 said it would come around the 10th August...guess it'll be the same thing with S1D and you'll get a shipping confirmation in the next days
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

I got my shipping confirmation from Flight 13 Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 pm

xahhx wrote:
Received this info from Banquet regarding the Euro press:

"the LP was sold into us as a Euro pressing and listed in good faith as such. as far as we're aware it still is, but the two LPs are apparently identical in colour etc.

unfortunately the UK label have given next to no information about the LP, so we don't have any more information beyond what's on the website until the stock arrives. we'll update as soon as we know more."

Looks like you can't really fault Banquet for the confusion over the Euro press. To be honest, they've been really great regarding communication.

Seriously, I'm so pissed about this! I feel like I've been completely misled with this entire release....the El Jefe bundle and this "Euro vinyl" or whatever you want to call it. Why not call it a US vinyl if it looks identical?

I wouldn't care if it was done like the Elsie release, where the Euro vinyl was the same color as the US vinyl but a different shade of color, but if it's completely identical in color that's just ridiculous! I feel like I should just cancel the damn thing!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:03 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gaslight-Anthem-Handwritten-LP-180g-blue-wax-w-bonus-7-OOP-lim-750-copies-/120962117371?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1c29e76efb

Didn't take long, and the main vinyl looks the same Sad
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 am

Klown wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gaslight-Anthem-Handwritten-LP-180g-blue-wax-w-bonus-7-OOP-lim-750-copies-/120962117371?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1c29e76efb

Wow, they really sprang for the 7" packaging.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 am

Looks like they have just slipped it into the package, no mention of it on the sticker, and the barcode is the same, usually for limited versions, the bar code will be different. It's looking less and less like a Euro version exists...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:55 am

I'm really *impressed* with the 7" design! Such a beautiful, reduced artwork!

As for the Euro pressing. Banquet also doesn't know for sure but they are 90% sure it will be the same as the US one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:06 am

Man I wish I knew how to read German so I could have ordered that LP & 7" when I had the chance. Bummed!! How much did they cost with shipping to the US anyways? $50-$60?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 am

I know you had to have a minimum order of 30 Euros, think it worked out about 45 Euros in total to the UK, so I imagine it would have been about 60 Euros to the US.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:22 am

rotten business; did either Green Hell or Flight 13 offer the 7'' on its own?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 am

Nope, only with the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 am

hoping the 7" will be released elsewhere still....perhaps as a member's only item to purchase for the 45 club?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Klown wrote:

From someone on vinyl collective regarding the LP in this package:

"the LP is definetly the regular US press from United Record Pressing. The matrix reads
A: 30016941-01A RJ STERLING (U)
B: 30016941-01B RJ STERLING (U)"
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm now guessing Banquets won't be any different.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Klown wrote:

The one hope I have is that Greenhell and Flight 13 never held the LP out as being a different pressing from the US.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Hot damn, vinyls are selling for decent coin already on eBay.

I should have bought 2!

and excuse my ignorance, but what songs are on that 7"? I've honestly never had such a difficult time tracking one albums release before.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:28 pm

The 3 bonus songs from the deluxe cd.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Klown wrote:
The 3 bonus songs from the deluxe cd.

Okay, I did know that but forgot. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Would be interesting to knowhow many of the first pressing's 10.000 they have sold. Lucky I ordered vinyl + 7 before it sold out...

You can't even find the regular blue one in Germany anymore...as far as I've seen that Wink . Except amazon.de (they are offering it for 70 euros) I haven't noticed any german shop still selling 'em

EDIT: Found some other shops selling it, but at least it is hard to find...I think there are not that many left., even I'd wonder about that (How could they sell nearly 10.00 vinyl copies in two month or so?)
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:57 am

EDIT: Found some other shops selling it, but at least it is hard to find...I think there are not that many left., even I'd wonder about that (How could they sell nearly 10.00 vinyl copies in two month or so?)

thats simple , because they have not given any real details of release, how many of us have bought more than one ? So called euro press(now they are saying its prob the same, US press , 12" +7".....its starting to look like they could all be the same press. Will be interesting to see what Banquets Euro press (500) is ?

I could end up with 4 spares , looks like friends and family will be getting Handwritten vinyls for Christmas even if they dont have record players .
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:21 am

steady now steady now wrote:
rotten business; did either Green Hell or Flight 13 offer the 7'' on its own?
I think technically they weren't even allowed to do so, as the 7" says 'for promotional use only' - and both shops sold the LP+7" for the same price as the regular LP.
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Klown wrote:
The one hope I have is that Greenhell and Flight 13 never held the LP out as being a different pressing from the US.
They didn't. I ordered mine from F13, and their description never said anything about a Euro pressing, I think Green Hell even specifically said they'll be getting the US pressing.

That aside, I received my copy today and am very pleased with it - what a great colour they picked! The packaging is nice, although S1D did roughly the same with American Slang and sold the LP for 7€ less. Plus, my 12" is slightly warped.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:54 am

I asked Banquet about the Euro LP, looking for some clarification on "there's no difference" or an update of some sort and here's the reply I received yesterday

Quote :
we've no idea at the moment i'm afraid, unfortunately the European label haven't been providing much detail about the Euro release. all we've been told is that it's "pretty much identical" but whether that just means the same colour or that it's actually the US pressing, it doesn't look like we'll know until the stock arrives.

we'll update as soon as we know more.

It's not really Banquet's fault but it's kind of ridiculous that the European label (whoever that is now) isn't being more forthcoming with the details on this.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 am

not sure if this is just a mock up picture but found this on a Australian site , its up for pre-order. JB-HI-FI.

'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 44418410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' vinyl
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next