DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]

Go down 
+62
bringiton_ty
HorribleCrowe
Harbortown
jonnyz83
EveryLittleSecret
YouCanCallMeSally
RobertODonnell
bakerfall
Labhras
Prisoner
DaleCooper
Breanne
The Angry Johnny Revue
Yozzy
snakester
Vibes
OldManShoes3
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
steady now steady now
Mr.Grieves
riversedge
drifter69
colmillionaire
rumham
Raoul_Duke
Danieljsmith
CapedAvenger
mingus
IAmDisappeared
Bea
loazis
azlisa
Christophe
elliott4296
Steve70s
ghosttocoast
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
TGAFAN25
holdsteady82
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JimmyB
JJW319
stephendgaf
saltandburn1967
gaslightfan89
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
steph
simo
heartlikeatomb
Kosburn59
DeathoftheCool
Jack
brianisbae
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Don Carlo
A_Regular
Shrewsbury_Stars
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:55 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
how long is it?

Roughly 3:30

nice, nice. i'm digging it it's really driving all the way through, even by gaslight standards.
LOVE the twelve string king
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:55 pm

I still see it
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I get now what Brian was saying about the mid-tempo songs having a sense of urgency. This song is absolutely the perfect tempo, but it's definitely driving.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Holy ffffffuuuuuuuuuu----
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
Holy ffffffuuuuuuuuuu----

EXACTLY! I have been listening to it over and over again for the last hour. It just keeps getting better!
Back to top Go down
heartlikeatomb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 pm

*picks up jaw from the floor*
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:41 pm

heartlikeatomb wrote:
*picks up jaw from the floor*

Can you grab mine while you're at it?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 pm

If someone sent something to my inbox it'd be cool or whatevss
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Hate to be that guy but not feeling it one time through. Hopefully that changes.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:16 pm

holding back for now, but i doubt i'll be able to hold out for long.

actually, i'll probably have one too many drinks tonight & decide that i can't wait any longer Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 pm

steph wrote:

actually, i'll probably have one too many drinks tonight & decide that i can't wait any longer Razz

TWSS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 pm

This is wonderful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Intro totally reminded me of Munford and Sons.

This album is gonna destroy my soul in the best way.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Ohhh I haven't listened to Mumford & Sons in ages! Thank you for reminding me!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Debonair wrote:
steph wrote:

TWSS

GODDAMNIT, YOU! Frying Pan

okay, you got me Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am

simo wrote:
Hate to be that guy but not feeling it one time through. Hopefully that changes.

Not gonna lie, I'm having the same reaction. I've only listened to it twice but I'm not feeling it either. It might be because I listened to the making of thing way too many time. The syncopation is really bothering me though. I don't know why I'm not liking it and I really hope that I change my mind. I'm gonna keep listening.

Actually, I think it's cuz for the first time, I don't feel like this sounds like their song, it sounds like a cover to me. Oh I don't like this (that I feel this way about it I mean).
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:46 am

I like it, but I hope this album has a good amount of up tempo songs. I liked 45 because it was a lot harder sound. I think that this is a good type of song to pace the album really well. I think American Slang had to many slow songs on it, I hope Handwritten strikes a good balance.

Its a nice song and seems like a song that is going to sound even better within the context of the album.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:07 am

gaslightfan89 wrote:
I like it, but I hope this album has a good amount of up tempo songs. I liked 45 because it was a lot harder sound. I think that this is a good type of song to pace the album really well. I think American Slang had to many slow songs on it, I hope Handwritten strikes a good balance.

Its a nice song and seems like a song that is going to sound even better within the context of the album.

I agree. Although American Slang didn't bother me tempo-wise, I don't want them to go too far in that direction and this sounds like a song that will provide a break between faster songs.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:09 am

BIGGEST TREAT OF MY LIFE!!!! It sounds different from that making of video somewhat. SO FRICKEN GOOD!!! OH MY GOSH. I loved it the first second i heard it.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
gaslightfan89 wrote:

I agree. Although American Slang didn't bother me tempo-wise, I don't want them to go too far in that direction and this sounds like a song that will provide a break between faster songs.

Makes sense to me. 45 is up-tempo, Handwritten sounds kind of up-tempo, and this can be sort of a relief from that.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 am

Another cool thing is that you could hear them play different parts of it throughout the making of video. Just every now in then in the video you would hear one or two seconds of a guitar riff.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 am

like it, don't love it. more looking forward to the rest of too much blood.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:14 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
BIGGEST TREAT OF MY LIFE!!!! It sounds different from that making of video somewhat. SO FRICKEN GOOD!!! OH MY GOSH. I loved it the first second i heard it.

Now that's the reaction I was hoping to hear! The last few posts had me a little worried. I LOVE THIS SONG AND CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Now that's the reaction I was hoping to hear! The last few posts had me a little worried. I LOVE THIS SONG AND CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!

Me either! It was weird cause when I was on the lake I just got this feeling and was like they are gonna release a new single today and I got it when I got home. I am starting to think I can tell the future. Everything about it is breathtaking. SO much emotion is put into this song. I cant believe it.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:17 am

Oh yeah...now I am hoping they are gonna play this live at the july 12 concert I am going to. It would be amazing live...I would probably tear up if they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next