DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
curly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Empty
PostSubject: First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR   First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Can those that are holding out wait...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127405836#commentBlock

Completely agree with the first part of the blurb... I love listening to Gaslight while driving:

"The true test of a Gaslight Anthem album can't — or at least shouldn't — take place while the listener is staring at a computer screen. The New Jersey-based band makes music for car stereos, plain and simple; its timeless, barreling rock 'n' roll anthems are all about conflating simple tropes (Saturday night, the open road) with disarmingly wise observations on life, death and youth."

Last edited by curly on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR   First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 pm

I've already heard it but so so bad ass.
Back to top Go down
redinthemorning
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR   First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 am

So true. I live in Houston, and whenever I get the opportunity to take a road trip to San Antonio or Austin, I love blaring TGA while barreling down I-10. I'm still holding out on listening to the record until I actually get my copy in the mail, but from listening to "AS" and "Boxer" I'll be happy to add it to my usual driving playlist.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR   First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR   First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 am

I agree with the driving comment. I am picking my girlfriend up at Laguardia a few days after the album comes out, and I am sure it will be on for the whole trip. I gave in a few days after the leak surfaced, but I deleted the album shortly after so it has been a few weeks since I last listened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR   First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Listen: American Slang Streaming on NPR
Page 1 of 1