DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]

Go down 
+62
bringiton_ty
HorribleCrowe
Harbortown
jonnyz83
EveryLittleSecret
YouCanCallMeSally
RobertODonnell
bakerfall
Labhras
Prisoner
DaleCooper
Breanne
The Angry Johnny Revue
Yozzy
snakester
Vibes
OldManShoes3
njguy99
prettyontheinsidex
steady now steady now
Mr.Grieves
riversedge
drifter69
colmillionaire
rumham
Raoul_Duke
Danieljsmith
CapedAvenger
mingus
IAmDisappeared
Bea
loazis
azlisa
Christophe
elliott4296
Steve70s
ghosttocoast
enola
White Man In Hammersmith
TGAFAN25
holdsteady82
gtalbott
CasanovaBaby90
JimmyB
JJW319
stephendgaf
saltandburn1967
gaslightfan89
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
steph
simo
heartlikeatomb
Kosburn59
DeathoftheCool
Jack
brianisbae
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Don Carlo
A_Regular
Shrewsbury_Stars
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:34 pm

EveryLittleSecret wrote:
YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
EveryLittleSecret wrote:
YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
I intentionally waited a few days to post anything on the topic to make sure I listen to the song over and over again (cause I don't like most songs on the 1st to 10th listen).
Anyway it had enough listens. I just don't like it. Can't really explain why, it just isn't Gaslight to me. I like the intro (for a song of any other band [not saying bands aren't allowed to develop]) but Brian also sings it too high for my likes and well it just doesn't do anything for me.

Now go hit me with the frying pan

Frying Pan Frying Pan Frying Pan Frying Pan Frying Pan

Yeah alright...but can I just say that your quote is one of my favorites!!!
I think "I can't move on and I can't stay the same" is worth getting tattooed somewhere.

So does distracting everybody with my love for 45 keep you from hitting me? rabbit

hahaha i guess i can let it slide..... cheers

High Five
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
This board can get a bit hyperbolic sometimes with over the top praise for the band (not that this is necessarily unexpected on a fan forum), so I find it refreshing when someone posts something critical. I don't think anyone should be expected to love everything a band puts out. As musicians evolve, there are bound to be missteps and changes that are off putting to fans of their prior work. Gaslight Anthem have indicated a clear shift in their sound with this album as they continue to strive for a wider audience and more commercial appeal. That's bound to alienate at least a few of the older fans, though hopefully this album can appeal to both bases (hard to tell yet based off only 3 songs). I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about this record shifting to a more generic, controlled sound, but I am trying not to really think about that until I've actually heard the record (no point in pre-judging).

I know this all too well as an obsessive Weezer fan that saw the band go from two of my all-time favorite albums to five straight mediocre to downright horrible releases. It's rare for any artist to be able to maintain a consistently high level over a career (though it certainly happens), and I would hope that even a band's most ardent fans still try to maintain at least some objectivity when listening. Don't force yourself to like something just because it is written or performed by a certain person; I used to have a bad habit of doing that with my favorite bands, and I found very quickly that it broke down over time as the newness wore off. For that reason I try to wait a little bit before expressing my thoughts on a new release (this started after I proclaimed Make Believe as on par with Pinkerton after first hearing it and I will never live that down), because sometimes some of my favorite songs are ones that I don't necessarily get on the first couple of listens. At the same time, I have heard songs that I instantly loved but sounded stale to me as soon as the newness wore off.

You make some good points there for sure and I can see where you are coming from. However, from what I have heard so far Gaslight really are developing their sound without abandoning where they came from. Brian just writes great music and I think his writing for The Horrible Crowes has definitely helped him develop as a songwriter. Now I'm the first to admit I am an obsessive fan of the band and who knows I might look back in a couple years and think Handwritten was only ok, but from what I've heard so far this is going to be the most exciting album ever and that's not just me being a fanboy. What's great about Gaslight is they are all sound, sensible and grounded people who make music for the love of their craft and I know for a fact Brian and the guys would not put something out they didn't think was worth listening to. They have been extremely consistent up until now and long may that continue Smile
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 am

DaleCooper wrote:
This board can get a bit hyperbolic sometimes with over the top praise for the band (not that this is necessarily unexpected on a fan forum), so I find it refreshing when someone posts something critical. I don't think anyone should be expected to love everything a band puts out. As musicians evolve, there are bound to be missteps and changes that are off putting to fans of their prior work. Gaslight Anthem have indicated a clear shift in their sound with this album as they continue to strive for a wider audience and more commercial appeal. That's bound to alienate at least a few of the older fans, though hopefully this album can appeal to both bases (hard to tell yet based off only 3 songs). I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about this record shifting to a more generic, controlled sound, but I am trying not to really think about that until I've actually heard the record (no point in pre-judging).

I know this all too well as an obsessive Weezer fan that saw the band go from two of my all-time favorite albums to five straight mediocre to downright horrible releases. It's rare for any artist to be able to maintain a consistently high level over a career (though it certainly happens), and I would hope that even a band's most ardent fans still try to maintain at least some objectivity when listening. Don't force yourself to like something just because it is written or performed by a certain person; I used to have a bad habit of doing that with my favorite bands, and I found very quickly that it broke down over time as the newness wore off. For that reason I try to wait a little bit before expressing my thoughts on a new release (this started after I proclaimed Make Believe as on par with Pinkerton after first hearing it and I will never live that down), because sometimes some of my favorite songs are ones that I don't necessarily get on the first couple of listens. At the same time, I have heard songs that I instantly loved but sounded stale to me as soon as the newness wore off.

So far for me the Gaslight Anthem is 4 for 4 (Sink or Swim, Senor and the Queen, 59 Sound, and American Slang). Everything they have put out I have loved. Granted some more than others (I thought American Slang could have been better) but something about their sound and Brian's vocals always makes their music stand above 98% of what else is out there.

I always try to be objective when it comes to anything. I didn't like the Horrible Crowes album that much (Although they had 2 maybe 3 songs I liked) which means I am not blind to just like everything TGA or Brain Fallon does.

Based off of what I am hearing from Handwritten it seems like its at least going to be on American Slang like terms with me (Good but not Great TGA) at the very worst. But I am hoping this album becomes a sort of break through for the band which I think it has potential to be.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:20 am

DaleCooper wrote:

I know this all too well as an obsessive Weezer fan that saw the band go from two of my all-time favorite albums to five straight mediocre to downright horrible releases.
I'm too tired to comment on anything but this lols so I'm sorry I'm off topic

I love old Weezer so much. I really wish they didn't go in the direction they did No
My dog is actually named Weezer! I was an obsessive fan at 8 years old back in 2002, and now when people hear his name I always have to explain that I named him that before Beverly Hills and all the other crap.
They're still one of my faves of all time though
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 am

Yeah I've got to agree that after more listens I'm still not into it. Lyrically it's fine but the music/production misses the mark for me a bit. Also I don't like that "one of these days" backing vocal part. It's distracting. Some of these things could change when I hear a better quality version, but those are my thoughts for now. Still holding out hope though, because Handwritten sounded pretty great on that preview video.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 am

simo wrote:
Yeah I've got to agree that after more listens I'm still not into it. Lyrically it's fine but the music/production misses the mark for me a bit. Also I don't like that "one of these days" backing vocal part. It's distracting. Some of these things could change when I hear a better quality version, but those are my thoughts for now. Still holding out hope though, because Handwritten sounded pretty great on that preview video.

Interesting that you would bring up the back up vocals. I thought they were way more prominent than they have been in the past. I liked them but I felt like they were at the same volume as the lead which is just odd/distracting like you said.

I listened to it a lot when it was up but only once off a rip and oddly the rip made me like it better because I couldn't make out as much detail so it sounded more stripped down and a bit more Gaslight oddly enough. I can now see it as a Gaslight song.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

We should be getting an official stream of 'Here Comes My Man' at some point today, so look out and listen up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:35 am

oh nice cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:17 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
We should be getting an official stream of 'Here Comes My Man' at some point today, so look out and listen up.

Wherever could it be!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

It's been hours. HOURS. Where is this song?! Sad
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 am

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

bounce
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:32 am

Found an mp3 rip of the song.

This is positively amazing. Bruce Springsteen meets The Horrible Crowes meets The Beatles meets The Gaslight Anthem...Brian Fallon, just take all my money already. You can have it. I don't care. Just give me the album.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 pm

it sounds quite sexy.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 pm

This song is so amazing. I want more.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

You know what's funny, but like, really funny.
It's like 'oh sha la la, baby here comes my man', and then Brian says "yea"
haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm

so glad i havent heard this yet but i cannot wait! and must declare, am a big fan of 45 Surprised incredible song
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:15 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
You know what's funny, but like, really funny.
It's like 'oh sha la la, baby here comes my man', and then Brian says "yea"
haha Very Happy

And he says it in the most manly grunt ever, haha.
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:27 pm

I can't find it anywhere
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:54 pm

LuckyinLV wrote:
I can't find it anywhere

Keep looking and you might tumble over it.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

It's been hours. HOURS. Where is this song?! Sad

clearly didn't quite work out as planned
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:14 am

DaleCooper wrote:

Couldn't agree more with you here. Ive felt free to be critical at times and anyone else who does its fair enough. What is annoying is when people say something along the lines of " I just want to say The Gaslight Anthem are my ultimate favourite band, they ve helped me through so much in life and for this I am eternally grateful, Brian is my hero and I am really excited about the new album so please dont be offended....." but.... and then they make their slightly negative comment. They jump through all these hoops before actually getting to the point they want to make. Just speak your minds people, we already know you're a big fan as you're a member of the forum with over three thousand posts! you're entitled to an opinion. We're all fans, feel free to be objective, it prompts good discussion... sorry... rant over.... I just felt that needed saying to back up Dale's point.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 am

I'd say we've all heard 'Here Comes My Man' now since the Letterman Show. Does anyone else notice a similarity between it and 'Go Tell Eveybody'? I don't know what it is but I seem tofind myself singing the lyrics to GTE when listening to HCMM
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 am

yep I did
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Now that you say that, I hear it too.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:13 pm

I noticed it too, and as much as I love Go Tell Everybody, I love Here Comes My Man even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]   'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more] - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' streaming [no more]
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next