DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DimeStoreSaints shirts?

Go down 
+32
saltandburn1967
StitchesOnTheRadio
_rebekka_
DiamondSinatra
Holland
El Jefe
Vibes
The Boxer
njguy99
Hanswurst
sadly_ecstatic
JimmyB
moreblue
Jerseyrain
Forum Owner
Klown
steph
TGAforLIFE
Kosburn59
Camus
brianisbae
loazis
White Man In Hammersmith
Down by the Mersey
A_Regular
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steady now steady now
plugga
AGoodTime
Christophe
enola
Debonair
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

would you want a DSS Shirt?
Yes
DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Vote_lcap88%DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 88% [ 53 ]
No
DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Vote_lcap12%DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
My vote goes names, no numbers. I think its nice that we can distinguish between ourselves and know who people are at the gigs

I agree! Great idea with the t-shirts and I'm totally in!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm

This will probably go over SO many peoples heads Laughing

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 pm

I am not a number! I am a member of the DimestoreSaints forum!
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:57 pm

"I'm not a number! I'm a free man!"

I vote no name and no number.
Too fussy and logistics will be a headache.
Keep it simple.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm

So, who can give us the OK to go ahead? I'll PM Andrew (debonair) and see what he says...
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Easiest solution for those who like the name / number idea is to customise their own shirt and have it individually printed on the back, when they receive it. We could just suggest a uniform typeface and font size so it still looked consistent ( NO Comic Sans for example Wink )
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

moreblue wrote:
Easiest solution for those who like the name / number idea is to customise their own shirt and have it individually printed on the back, when they receive it. We could just suggest a uniform typeface and font size so it still looked consistent ( NO Comic Sans for example Wink )

Maybe if a few people are against the idea we should just not bother with names and numbers at all?
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Klown wrote:
If there is some sort of vote for names/numbers, count me against the idea. It's cool that there is talk of a tshirt and all, but I prefer the subtlety of it all. Yes, I know I'm only going to wear it on certain occasions, but I still don't want to broadcast that 'hey...im on da internet'. The design alone should be enough.

Exactly, people on the site will see the design and strike up a conversation. No need for names or numbers Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:46 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
Klown wrote:
If there is some sort of vote for names/numbers, count me against the idea. It's cool that there is talk of a tshirt and all, but I prefer the subtlety of it all. Yes, I know I'm only going to wear it on certain occasions, but I still don't want to broadcast that 'hey...im on da internet'. The design alone should be enough.

Exactly, people on the site will see the design and strike up a conversation. No need for names or numbers Wink

I much prefer this. Wouldn't be a fan of having my name on a t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Right now we're only at 36 votes for people who want it. Personally I think that number needs to be up around 100 before its worth going through with this. But if you guys are really set about going through with shirts you can always do it on your own. Or you can see if another admin wants to help ya out. I just right now don't think that number is nearly high enough. Personally.

I will ask to keep a few things in mind (official or non-official): this is a free forum so you assume all the risks (both buyer and seller) You also have to take into consideration that you are trusting people all around the world (who you've most likely never met or will ever meet.) And that this should be kept non-profit.

Wish you guys all the best if you do go through with it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:58 pm

I don't think we should be 100, let's just check how many people are going to shows this year and settle for that number
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Haha, yeah I like the symbol idea. Anything else really starts to make us look like a crazy internet cult or something. I've definitely gotten weird looks for just mentioning this forum to Gaslight fans. I

Not gonna lie though, while I want the shirt I also don't at the same time just because I'd feel weird being part of a large group of people all wearing the same shirt unless I'm playing on a sports team haha. I'd feel comfortable wearing it on the street but maybe not at shows which defeats the purpose. But that's just me.

Sorry for being negative. These were just the thoughts that came to mind.

EDIT: I was trying to think of something smaller and cheaper in high quantities so I'm just going to throw this out there. Wrist bands? It could be kind of cool when all the hands go up. (not ones that resemble GA wrist bands though. Just a thought.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:02 pm

plugga wrote:
I don't think we should be 100, let's just check how many people are going to shows this year and settle for that number

My main point of the 100 things is that setting up something that only 20 or so people will buy does not make a lot of sense for me. But like I said that's just me and Im always for letting the forum do what they want if they really want too. And for a low number like that you could easily organise it your self or see if another admin wants to help out.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Debonair wrote:
plugga wrote:

My main point of the 100 things is that setting up something that only 20 or so people will buy does not make a lot of sense for me. But like I said that's just me and I always for letting the forum do what they want if they really want too. And for a low number like that you could easily organise it your self or see if another admin wants to help out.

that's true if we were to order a certain number of shirts but I thought we agreed on finding a website that lets you print stuff on shirts..? scratch
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:09 pm

plugga wrote:
Debonair wrote:
plugga wrote:

My main point of the 100 things is that setting up something that only 20 or so people will buy does not make a lot of sense for me. But like I said that's just me and I always for letting the forum do what they want if they really want too. And for a low number like that you could easily organise it your self or see if another admin wants to help out.

that's true if we were to order a certain number of shirts but I thought we agreed on finding a website that lets you print stuff on shirts..? scratch

I personally don't like online stores for quality reasons etc. But if people want to use them awesome!
And if you are using one of those things as I said the number of people who want it is low enough that you could do it on your own (pass out the design etc.)

I don't think at this number we should set up an online store or get variants of shirts or anything complicated. Keep it simple is my advice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Not gonna lie though, while I want the shirt I also don't at the same time just because I'd feel weird being part of a large group of people all wearing the same shirt unless I'm playing on a sports team haha. I'd feel comfortable wearing it on the street but maybe not at shows which defeats the purpose. But that's just me.
I get this - it would have a cringe-worthy, stag do (bachelor party) feel if 6 or 7 of us all turned up at a gig wearing them. Maybe that's why I'm against the names and numbers.

At Koko I was wearing a fairly non-descript check shirt I bought about 5 years ago - they guy stood right in front of me was wearing EXACTLY the same one! I've never seen anyone else wearing that shirt before. Was strangely embarrassing - I think he clocked it too.

Debonair wrote:
My main point of the 100 things is that setting up something that only 20 or so people will buy does not make a lot of sense for me. But like I said that's just me and Im always for letting the forum do what they want if they really want too. And for a low number like that you could easily organise it your self or see if another admin wants to help out.
I think the main reason we were seeking admin approval/involvement is because we'd using DSS's name so prominently. I certainly wouldn't expect an admin to have to organise it though (unless they wanted that level of involvement).

I agree that 20 is probably too few but realistically, how many regular posters do we have who would be interested? Maybe I'm just starting to think of the negatives but we'll be getting 45rpm club shirts too - kind of seems like we're competing with that to be even more exclusive/dedicated.

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:59 pm

It's up to you guys. Like I said, Skreened (which has pretty good quality) can do them for $24.99 a piece. We set up an online store, and if anyone wants them they order as needed. That way someone's not stuck with 100 of them rotting in their basement.

But you tell me.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Check this out... $21

DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Screen13
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm

I like it. If I get it, it's mainly because I really like the design and not to transform into a Gaslight superfan haha I'm not quite that intense Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:18 pm

I think that shirt looks great, and the price isn't bad, especially if it's good quality. Nice work! Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 pm

moreblue wrote:
Check this out... $21

DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Screen13

but can you save this via a log in, so others can buy it, or you have to upload the file every time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:15 pm

I'll go set up the shirt on Skreened now and paste a link to the store momentarily...
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Just go to this shop. Everything's at cost.
There are 2 versions. One is the slightly less expensive Anvil Unisex T. The other is the slightly more expensive and better quality American Apparel T.

Unfortunately they only offer Unisex Ts, and there are no women's sizes...

http://skreened.com/njguy99
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:22 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Just go to this shop. Everything's at cost.
There are 2 versions. One is the slightly less expensive Anvil Unisex T. The other is the slightly more expensive and better quality American Apparel T.

Unfortunately they only offer Unisex Ts, and there are no women's sizes...

http://skreened.com/njguy99

Ugh, they don't offer women's sizes? What am I suppose to wear now?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:30 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Ugh, they don't offer women's sizes? What am I suppose to wear now?

Quiet you! And I thought you don't like to wear shirts?
Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DimeStoreSaints shirts?
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next