DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DimeStoreSaints shirts?

Go down 
+33
saltandburn1967
StitchesOnTheRadio
_rebekka_
DiamondSinatra
Holland
El Jefe
Vibes
markbarlow
The Boxer
njguy99
Hanswurst
sadly_ecstatic
JimmyB
moreblue
Jerseyrain
Forum Owner
Klown
steph
TGAforLIFE
Kosburn59
Camus
brianisbae
loazis
White Man In Hammersmith
Down by the Mersey
A_Regular
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steady now steady now
plugga
AGoodTime
Christophe
enola
Debonair
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

would you want a DSS Shirt?
Yes
DimeStoreSaints shirts? Vote_lcap88%DimeStoreSaints shirts? Vote_rcap
 88% [ 53 ]
No
DimeStoreSaints shirts? Vote_lcap12%DimeStoreSaints shirts? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

DimeStoreSaints shirts? Empty
PostSubject: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 am

njguy99 wrote:
now we DEFINITELY need official DSS t-shirts.

I know others have brought this up and I have wanted to do something and the following is my thoughts on the subject.

I've wanted to take that logo ^ and put it on a shirt for awhile now. With some lyric or some thing else. Maybe "with wild hearts blue jeans and white t-shirts" on the back. But this is besides the point. The main issues is that this place is a free forum. So the whole thing (i feel) would have to end up being non-profit. Which wouldn't be impossible, any profit I make could just be donated to a charity of our choice.

Then there's actually making the shirts. The shirts would most likely be a limited run, or an on order bulk type demand. ( i.e. a certain amount of people need to want a shirt , lets say 50, before i would make more) but let's say we have that amount, I would need to do one of the following:

A) have to front my money first to make them .

Or

B) collect orders first/payments before I make them.

And I'm sure you can see the issues with both of these options. Then you have the whole shipping issues where it cost more to ship stuff to the UK/Europe and rest of the world. People in the U.S. would be pretty good since I live here. But the others are my concern. So someone here might pay $20 and someone there will end up paying $30. (Just throwing out numbers but you get my point) Now if people don't mind the price difference, like I said, I would make this 100% nonprofit and anything else would go to charity or something.

And this is just the start, there is probably a bunch of other stuff I'm not taking into consideration

Now if anyone else can see ways around some of these issues - cool let me know. Or even issues I'm not considering- please.

I've also thought another option that would be cool, is if we could just get the guys to put the design in their store and have them sell it. It would honestly clear up a lot of the problems I, as a single person, would face. but I think the chances of that are more unlikely.

Now let me ask is the demand for this actually there? I always hear it from time to time, but I also think it might not be there.

I've also thought about taking that logo and making a key chain out of it. - just a thought.

Last edited by Debonair on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 am

I know we discussed this already some time ago. And I still want one. I'm sure it will look super cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 am

I think it is definitely a really good idea to have DSS T shirts. I don't know how it would work logistically as I don't have any experience of this type of thing, however I am sure there would be someone in the UK on this forum who could potentially get some made here as well to avoid expensive shipping and delivery costs from the States. It is definitely a great idea though, I'm all for it if we can make it work Smile
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 am

I'd get one! Smile If I could afford it. I like the idea of getting some made in the UK as well, that avoids any risks of extra taxes and cuts down the postage costs.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:50 am

We can hand them out at gigs. I think that would be the easiest. Some of us travel to a fair amount of gigs Smile
Or somebody talented provides the design and we align on a shirt colour and everyone can print it themselves. That would even be the easiest I think.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 am

wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to make pins? just a suggestion, shirts take a lot of effort!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

can you not find a site where you can upload the agreed design and where people can then order it, choosing the style garment they want it on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 am

http://www.redbubble.com/

I think this website has this option
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

steady now steady now wrote:
can you not find a site where you can upload the agreed design and where people can then order it, choosing the style garment they want it on?

That's what I was thinking too. I'm not sure exactly how these sites work, but what about Cafe Press or Zazzle? I have ordered stuff from both of these websites in the past and haven't had any problems. That would also open up the option of other merchandise, such as pins like Ilaria suggested. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 am

I like the pins idea. In addition to the shirts of course Wink
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:33 am

Bumper stickers really get the word out, and are fairly inexpsensive
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

We did bumper stickers over at AM! Forum I think...
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:35 am

Now if only El Jefe could do us a quick design.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I'd love a shirt and wouldn't mind paying extra for postage. The design mentioned by Debonair in the original post sounds awesome too!

Pins are alright but I'd prefer a shirt tbh
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Down by the Mersey wrote:
Now if only El Jefe could do us a quick design.......
That'd be pretty damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:

That's what I was thinking too. I'm not sure exactly how these sites work, but what about Cafe Press or Zazzle? I have ordered stuff from both of these websites in the past and haven't had any problems. That would also open up the option of other merchandise, such as pins like Ilaria suggested. Just a thought.

That is an option but those companies tend to send out sub par shirts ( think iron on). If you know of one that's has high ratings, (quality wise) then awesome- let me know. I can look around if you want.

Idk 100% solution yet, but local stores make better quality shirts than online and it would probably be better as mentioned to have a UK person and a US person. Maybe state and or regional people to be in charge of their area. And possibly we could design different shirts for different regions- just a thought.

And so far only 8 people have voted, and we are going to need way more (probably near 100) before it would be worth considering.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm

I'd definitely buy a shirt. It would be cool if members wore the shirts to shows so people could meet up easily and stuff. That could be fun. The idea of putting a design up so people can order whatever shirt they want would be best in my opinion. Or what about a Kickstarter or something where we can all chip in so a ton of shirts can be made, I dunno, I've never used it but it sounds like it could help somehow.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:51 pm

T-SHIRT ME.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Camus wrote:
T-SHIRT ME.

Haha, is that like "beer me"? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 pm

we need DSS stickers first.

easy to spread around, cheap and I like tagging things.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Camus wrote:
T-SHIRT ME.

It is. I'm glad someone noticed otherwise I would have looked like a right weirdo. Razz
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
we need DSS stickers first.

easy to spread around, cheap and I like tagging things.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:
T-SHIRT ME.

It is. I'm glad someone noticed otherwise I would have looked like a right weirdo. Razz

Haha, I noticed because I'm a weirdo too. And a little bit of a hippie. I will quote Brian's tumblr post all the time now.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:
T-SHIRT ME.

Haha, I noticed because I'm a weirdo too. And a little bit of a hippie. I will quote Brian's tumblr post all the time now.

High Five I can join you in that club.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:
Camus wrote:
T-SHIRT ME.

High Five I can join you in that club.

Groovy! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DimeStoreSaints shirts?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next