DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 am

For some reason I just can't compare anything he did after Born in the USA with anything before it.

Pre 1985:

Born to Run
Nebraska
Darkness
WIESS
The River
Greetings from AP
Born in the USA

Post 1985:

Tunnel of Love
The Rising
Magic
TGOTJ
Devils and Dust
Wrecking Ball
Seeger Sessions
Lucky Town
Human Touch
WOAD
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 am

FALL U.S ARENA DATES COMING YOUR WAY

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/020048E29BBA43F6?SREF=TWEventKeyword
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 am

WTF London... Bruce and Paul McCartney are sharing a stage and you pull the plug because they went over curfew??? Completely insane.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm surprised it didn't cause a riot.
Back to top Go down
Emusic
A Contender
A Contender
Emusic

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi, (i'm new here) and a HUGE HUGE fan of The Boss!

He's been my hero ever since i learned to know him.
It's through The boss i find out about TGA.
I'm a proud owner of all his studio albums.

rubberducky wrote:
WTF London... Bruce and Paul McCartney are sharing a stage and you pull the plug because they went over curfew??? Completely insane.

I read that this morning, that's really sick!
But it wasn't the fault from Hard Rock Calling though, it was the police who shut them down.

Quotes from Little Steven on this:

"Very proud of our association with Hard Rock Calling and Hard Rock in general and what they're doing for Rock music. "

"Hard Rock would have let us play all night. "

"There's no grudges to be held. Just feel bad for our great fans. Hard Rock is cool. Live Nation is cool. It's some City Council stupid rule. "

"Nobody's blaming England! I owe my life (and radio format) to the British Invasion! And I hear this Boris Johnson is a cool dude. "

"As it turns out, Mr. Johnson seems to be a bit controversial himself. All I know is he defended our right to play on. So in this, he's cool! "
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be & http://themusicmakesmehappy
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 am

epic gig Saterday my body is still recovering , 26 hour front row roller coaster.
and to the twat who pulled the plug and stopped Bruce playing Goodnight Irene .....fk you !

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8911
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm surprised it didn't cause a riot.

Ive said the same. Unblievable. Lets if they ever play in Hyde Park again now
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 am

the truth was they never put on extra trains after midnight, in a summer where there is so much going on in London and with Bruces history of going over and doing mega long shows, why wasnt it sorted out before the event, Boris has come out and said it wont happen during the Olympics, they should have paid the train drivers some overtime to keep the trains running another hour.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 am

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8710

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8510

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8912

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8511

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8712

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Dscf8711
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Beautiful pictures!

This still amazes me. Who DAREs pull the plug on Bruce Springsteen? I know "rock stars" aren't above the law but it's Bruce F*cking Springsteen! And then you know that small matter of PAUL MCCARTNEY being on stage with him but that's really no biggie right? That happens every day.

If I had been there and paid money to see a show that got cut short, oh man.
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Great photo's Steve.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:14 pm

To be honest it still took me a shitload of time to get my bus to victoria so i doubt five minutes less have made a difference
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:06 pm

It wasn't the police who pulled the plug - it was Livenation as they were afraid of consequences for breaking the terms of their licence (granted until 2230h).

I'm not letting the bizarre ending ruin an otherwise great gig - Take 'em As They Come and the piano version of Thunder Road were incredible.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah the concert was incredible as per usual, volume was waaaaay too low though
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:24 pm

was Bruce's mic really way lower than Paul's or is that just the way it came out in the videos I saw? You could barely hear Bruce in those but everyone else came through loud and clear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
was Bruce's mic really way lower than Paul's or is that just the way it came out in the videos I saw? You could barely hear Bruce in those but everyone else came through loud and clear.
That's how it sounded to me when I was there. Bruce let Paul have his mic and took the "spare" one himself.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:19 pm

sound was fine down at the front , but have a few friends in other parts of the venue who said it was very low, one friend said he moved about a bit during the day, he said it was different depending where you were.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 pm

The sound was really poor on both the Friday and Saturday. We were to the left of the stage and they just needed to turn it up. Loads of people complaining that it was too quiet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Just back from Bruce in Dublin, amazing gig. No comparison when it comes to live preformance, absolutley spellbounding. Sound for the first three songs was shokcing but after that no complaints. God amongst men.

I think this was the setlist, may have missed one or two songs

1. Twist & Shout
2. I Fought The Law
3. Badlands
4. Out In The Street
5. We Take Care Of Our Own
6. Wrecking Ball
7. Death To My Hometown
8.City Of Ruins
9. Spirit in the Night
10. I'm A Rocker (Sign request)
11.Prove It All Night (Sign request)
12. Adam Raised A Cain Intro -> Darkness On The Edge Of Town
12. Jack Of All Trades
13.Murder INC (Sign request)
14. Johnny 99
15. Easy Money
16. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
17. Raise Your Hand
18.The River
19. The Rising
20. Land Of Hope & Dreams
21. We Are Alive
22. Born in the U.S.A
23. Born To Run
24. Rosalita (Sign request)
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Blood Brothers into -> Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
27. Twist & Shout (Again!)
28.American Land

Plenty of curfew jokes, even a sketch which had Bruce and Miami Steve wrestling a policeman over a giant off/on power switch! Aboslutely amazing, regret not getting a tic for tomorrow nights gig now

Edit: My Hometown was definatley played at some point too, maybe between The Rising and Land of Hope and Dreams, supposebly a request from Bono & The Edge

Last edited by Philo on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: My Hometown was definatley played at some point too, maybe between The Rising and Land of Hope and Dreams, supposebly a request from Bono & The Edge)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 am

Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 AyCG9h0CAAEPNDj
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 am

that was some show i was only 6 or so rows back as well. it was incredible!
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey just wondering if anyone on here is familiar with dimeadozen pr greasy lake or anyone of those Springsteen sites?

If so, is it possible someone could let me know if the audio from the July 17th Dublin show is available as a bootleg? Great appreciated
Back to top Go down
HeroOfVirtue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
HeroOfVirtue

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Philo wrote:
Hey just wondering if anyone on here is familiar with dimeadozen pr greasy lake or anyone of those Springsteen sites?

If so, is it possible someone could let me know if the audio from the July 17th Dublin show is available as a bootleg? Great appreciated

It is available! I haven't heard it yet but it's on Dimeadozen and seems pretty good from the samples.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 pm

HeroOfVirtue wrote:
Philo wrote:

It is available! I haven't heard it yet but it's on Dimeadozen and seems pretty good from the samples.

Could you post or PM a link to it or something? I'm useless with these sort of things Razz

I want to burn it to CD for my Da as it was the first time both of us seen The Boss! Thanks btw High Five
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:00 pm

The E Street Band guitarist on breaking the four-hour barrier and the possibility of a new Springsteen LP

Steven Van Zandt made headlines last week when he lashed out at U.K. authorities for pulling the plug at a Bruce Springsteen show in Hyde Park that went past curfew. He later walked back the statements, but on the day before the now-famous gig, he spoke with Rolling Stone about how the band has been pushing limits on this tour. "No one is working harder than Bruce," he said. "And if he wants one more song, we're gonna go one more enthusiastically. We will stay there all night, until someone pulls out the cord."

Van Zandt also spoke about the possibility of a new Springsteen album in 2013, playing shows in torrential downpours, the possibility of a four-how show, and his thoughts about Springsteen superfan and New Jersey governor Chris Christie. He also emphatically denied the (completely unserious) allegation that Bruce Springsteen gets his incredible onstage energy from performance-enhancing drugs.

Tell me how it feels to walk offstage after a four-hour concert.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steve-van-zandt-bruce-springsteen-is-a-living-example-of-what-happens-when-you-never-do-drugs-20120724#ixzz21YZrDuaU
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 25 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next