DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 pm

really great profile in this week's new yorker:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/07/30/120730fa_fact_remnick
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Philo wrote:
HeroOfVirtue wrote:
Philo wrote:
Hey just wondering if anyone on here is familiar with dimeadozen pr greasy lake or anyone of those Springsteen sites?

If so, is it possible someone could let me know if the audio from the July 17th Dublin show is available as a bootleg? Great appreciated

It is available! I haven't heard it yet but it's on Dimeadozen and seems pretty good from the samples.

Could you post or PM a link to it or something? I'm useless with these sort of things Razz

I want to burn it to CD for my Da as it was the first time both of us seen The Boss! Thanks btw High Five

Here's another version....

2 lots of 15 mins in the main set and all the encore except the first song. 'Bout an hour and a half all told.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/imapmq

That version isn't up on Dime Smile It's my mates recording.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Klown wrote:
Philo wrote:
HeroOfVirtue wrote:
Philo wrote:
Hey just wondering if anyone on here is familiar with dimeadozen pr greasy lake or anyone of those Springsteen sites?

If so, is it possible someone could let me know if the audio from the July 17th Dublin show is available as a bootleg? Great appreciated

It is available! I haven't heard it yet but it's on Dimeadozen and seems pretty good from the samples.

Could you post or PM a link to it or something? I'm useless with these sort of things Razz

I want to burn it to CD for my Da as it was the first time both of us seen The Boss! Thanks btw High Five

Here's another version....

2 lots of 15 mins in the main set and all the encore except the first song. 'Bout an hour and a half all told.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/imapmq

That version isn't up on Dime Smile It's my mates recording.

Thanks Klown, top notch quality that recording is too! Razz

Greatly appreciated, still haven't a clue how to use Dime scratch
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 am

Lotsa Recent Springsteen Boots available here

http://springsteenbootlegs.blogspot.com.es/
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Brucre was just great at Roskilde. Im going to see him again and its gonna be the last gig on this tour so I hope it will be a great party. Never seen an audience to that crazy even like 100 metres from the stage. Twist and shout!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:46 pm

New US Tour Dates (Arenas)

“The E Street Band reclaim their title as the greatest live act in the world.” herald.ie

New 2012 ‘Wrecking Ball’ Dates:

October 19 – Ottawa, ON – Scotiabank Place (on sale 8/17, www.capitaltickets.ca)

October 21 – Hamilton, ON – Copps Coliseum (on sale 8/17, www.ticketmaster.ca)

October 23 – Charlottesville, VA – John Paul Jones Arena (on sale 9/14, www.ticketmaster.com)

October 25 – Hartford, CT – XL Center (on sale 8/10, www.ticketmaster.com)

October 27 – Pittsburgh, PA – CONSOL Energy Center (on sale 8/17, www.ticketmaster.com)

November 1 – State College, PA – Bryce Jordan Center (on sale 8/04, www.ticketmaster.com)

November 3 – Louisville, KY – KFC Yum! Center (on sale 8/17, www.ticketmaster.com)

November 11 – St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center (on sale 8/04, www.ticketmaster.com)

November 15 – Omaha, NE – CenturyLink Center (on sale 8/18, www.ticketmaster.com)

November 17 – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center (on sale 8/03, www.axs.com)

November 19 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center (on sale 8/13, www.tickethorse.com)

November 26 – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena (on sale 9/28, www.ticketmaster.ca)

November 28 – Portland, OR – The Rose Garden (on sale TBD, www.rosequarter.com)

November 30 – Oakland, CA – Oracle Arena (on sale 9/21, www.ticketmaster.com)

December 4 – Anaheim, CA – Honda Center (on sale TBD, www.ticketmaster.com)

December 6 – Glendale, AZ – Jobing.com Arena (on sale 9/15, www.ticketmaster.com)
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Finally busted out Jungleland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uEuWJn9AWc
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 pm

rubberducky wrote:

OMG. Thank you for posting. I just teared up. Jake nailed it, he really nailed it.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 pm

I might go to KC. Would be my first Bruce show.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

simo wrote:

I'm not sure how to put this but..YOU NEED TO GO TO THAT CONCERT! haha, trust me, nothing is better than a Bruce Springsteen concert.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 am

simo wrote:

You need to go to that gig....you cannot go through life without not going to a Bruce gig. (do whatever you need do to get in the pit) its a different experiance.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:07 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
rubberducky wrote:

OMG. Thank you for posting. I just teared up. Jake nailed it, he really nailed it.
I could have gone to this but I didn't have the money unfortunately. Went the night before though, fucking great show.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:19 am

Here's a clip from friday night's show:

https://youtu.be/v7LoCrYC56Q

Didn't realize how huge the audience was (about 66.000) until I saw this video. Luckily I was almost at the front.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Just got home from Gothenburg. Went to both shows. Second night is probably the best concert I'll ever see in my entire life.

Just look at the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2012/ullevi-stadium-gothenburg-sweden-4bdcfbf2.html
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

brucesboots wrote:
simo wrote:

You need to go to that gig....you cannot go through life without not going to a Bruce gig. (do whatever you need do to get in the pit) its a different experiance.

THIS. I wish it was easier to get in the pit though. I did GA once but was way back. I was supposed to be in the pit at a smaller venue once but i got pneumonia. I had a 105 degree fever, could barely stand, and I still almost went. THAT'S how important it is to go to a Bruce show, haha.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm

How much do GA tickets cost? My friends and I are trying to figure what to do cause if we need to buy tickets together we wanna be ready when they go on sale.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 pm

simo wrote:
How much do GA tickets cost? My friends and I are trying to figure what to do cause if we need to buy tickets together we wanna be ready when they go on sale.

Some venues charge more in fee's but it usually comes to around $110 a ticket. Keep in mind that if you just want to go to the show and don't care whether you're in the pit or not, you can get GA tickets in the parking lot below face value after they've done the whole pit lottery.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Ouch. Would love to be in the pit but I wouldn't pay that.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

The tough thing is the pit is usually lottery anyway. Am I really the only one who has paid over 200 dollars for a Springsteen ticket and considered it a deal? I'm clearly bad at getting face value tickets.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

The tough thing is the pit is usually lottery anyway. Am I really the only one who has paid over 200 dollars for a Springsteen ticket and considered it a deal? I'm clearly bad at getting face value tickets.

To be fair Bruce tickets are notoriously undervalued for shows on the east coast so it's not as crazy as people think. It's nice to get through every once in awhile and get the tickets at face but If i don't i'm ok spending $200 since that's probably what he should be charging anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:20 am

Tickets for the second Gothenburg show were going for around $500 so don't worry about it!

I went to both Gothenburg shows. The second one was probably the best gig I've seen - he played 19 songs not played the night before including Who'll Stop the Rain, Frankie, Where the Bands Are, Lost in the Flood, Jungleland, Its Hard to Be a Saint in the City and, my favourite, Backstreets. Amazing.

Also, during Drive All Night (on night 1) and Frankie (on night 2), the whole crowd held up their phones with the lights on. Not seen that at a Bruce gig before, was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 am

Always thought that but a few people told me that at the Dublin shows they simply asked a nearby steward if they had any wristbands for the pit and were handed them straight away!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 am

I once saw tickets listed on stubhub for $2,500 each! While (if I actually HAD the money) I would pay that to see Bruce if it were the typical price, I'd much rather pay my $300-$400 dollars for the many better seats that were listed.

As for the pit thing. I'd maybe call the venue and see if you can't find out what the plan is ahead of time because if you can actually guarantee a spot in the pit that'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

I once saw tickets listed on stubhub for $2,500 each! While (if I actually HAD the money) I would pay that to see Bruce if it were the typical price, I'd much rather pay my $300-$400 dollars for the many better seats that were listed.

As for the pit thing. I'd maybe call the venue and see if you can't find out what the plan is ahead of time because if you can actually guarantee a spot in the pit that'd be awesome.
Well in Europe you just need to show up early to get in the pit!

A lot of people from the front row left the first Gothenburg show early (6 or 7 songs early) so they could be first in line for the second show. Crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 am

Oh yeah! Tonight tonight all right all right its the Boss. Last show of this tour and ireally hope he plays Jungleland like in Sweden. And then Thunder Road, Ghost, Darkness, Radio and some more that he didnt play in Roskilde. Was anyone from here there BTW?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 26 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next