DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sink or swim demos /104

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

sink or swim demos /104 Empty
PostSubject: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:08 pm

some one here might still be looking for this... The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim Demos 7" (Devildance Records Blue Splatter) 1st Press /104

theres some one selling it over at vc: sales thread
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:36 pm

I messaged that guy and he wants 400 for that record...... a bit rich for my blood.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 pm

jerzshore732 wrote:
I messaged that guy and he wants 400 for that record...... a bit rich for my blood.

Fuck that guy.
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

No shit...... I need that record but not that bad
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 pm

damn,sorry! i had no idea hed be asking for that much. has it ever even sold for that much?

edit: looks like one sold for 422 in november. still to much tho.

Last edited by ozfacter on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

One went on ebay for 260 euro but everyone else that has been sold was around 140 for all 3 off the first pressings. I think that price was bulshit and bid up by someone.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:22 pm

ozfacter wrote:
damn,sorry! i had no idea hed be asking for that much. has it ever even sold for that much?

That was the same dude who paide 700 dollars for SoS black. No offense to him but he WAAAY overpaid in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
ozfacter wrote:

That was the same dude who paide 700 dollars for SoS black. No offense to him but he WAAAY overpaid in my opinion.

That's insane! I realize those rare records are worth a lot and I would love to have them in my collection, but there is no way I (and most people out there) could ever afford to spend that much money on something like that. I hope that guy really appreciates what he has!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 pm

$700?! who has that kind of money? i really don't get collecting variants, do people at least actually listen to the records, or do they just sit them on a shelf and pat themselves on the back for having multiple colors of the same record that no one will ever have the pleasure of listening to? Suspect
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 pm

ok, I'm a variant collector.... I have all the SOS US pressings (except black, but have Test Press).... I only do it for certain bands (Gaslight obviously one of them) but I also listen to most of my records.

I think its just because I'm a bit OCD when it comes to it for some reason, I also find alot of the resellers who take advantage of the market and people who want it to be a bit overwhelming....in that same breath though, I get the idea of a free market/supply and demand, but I try to make deals with people who need/want certain items bc its good karma.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:34 pm

I totally understand the OCD side of it, and to be honest, if I could afford it I would also collect all the variants. But since I can't, I just want to have one copy of each album/single on the color I like best. It's much more managable that way. Razz That's awesome that you have all the SOS US pressings though, jerzshore732. Lucky! Cool
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:35 pm

hmm okay. i didn't mean to sound judgmental, i just don't get it, but to each his/her own! at least you're listening to them.
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Steph, totally didn't take it in a bad way, a friend of mine who works for a record company says the same thing to me and he's really judgmental about it!

Its taken me some time, but once I finish SOS Euro and get the black us, i'm going to move to 59 Sound.... it also keeps me a little focused with my collection... my H2O collection is out of control though.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sink or swim demos /104   sink or swim demos /104 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sink or swim demos /104
Page 1 of 1