DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012

Go down 
+25
Bea
Jerseyrain
Christophe
NeverTrustAJunkie
J.B.R.
jeffrey2
bt211
acousticbandit
EveryLittleSecret
IrishNameAndAnInjury
TGAFAN25
ozfacter
LuceroDiehard
njguy99
CluckyB
Debonair
enola
DeathoftheCool
softsummernights
Rizz
colmillionaire
Shrewsbury_Stars
plugga
The Angry Johnny Revue
simo
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 am

acousticbandit wrote:
goodnight irene
great expectations
59 sound
american slang

awesome concert but totally bummed that was it from brian.

why? he was there as a guest. and there were like seven other guys. If he had been on the tour to start with I can understand being a little disappointed, but it would be rude for him to be like "yeah I'm guesting at this spot give me ten songs worth of setlist space!!!!"
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 am

I got a great video of goodnight Irene and some of Dave's set will postem when i get home! Freaking amazing show!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 am

Brian and Chuck did meet you in the middle tonight as well
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:27 am

Brian and (as mentioned) Alex L. were there. I was able to meet both after the show, and got the final two signatures on my asbury poster ( now off to get framed with my ticket)

Alex actually told me he was planning to play with them on stage, but just didn't have the time to practice with them. But one of the guys convinced him on stage to sing on American slang.

As for any info on handwritten, they were not really able to talk about that much.

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Deb- the code word will be JimmyB! Wink

Razz High Five

I'm 100% sure I saw you, but you seemed busy/couldn't talk, so I left you alone.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 am

What? I wasn't busy! I actually thought this guy that came up to me was you because he asked me if my name was "Steph" and I was like- maybe he's from the board and is confusing me with our Steph? He was so not. I even asked him if he was from the board and he just stared at me. So in case you're wondering, it turns out you're not a photographer named Henry.

I had my hair in a ponytail, my stupid glasses on and was carrying the saddlebags that are my camera & purse. I stood near the wheelchair bound girl in front of Cory & Tim. Where were you?

I was going to try to meet Brian, etc. but I didn't know when/where they were going to come out and I had a two hour drive ahead of me. Today was like a giant stressfest trying to get to Philly on time so I figured I'd better get going before I fell asleep.

Announcement: TIM BARRY IS AWESOME.

My review- I can't even put it into words, but I will. Basically I've had a crap week and this show brought me back to some semblance of feeling normal, so hurray! Everyone was really impressive. Tom Gabel freaks me out still. Why does he want to piss down my walls!!!?? lol Alex L was a nice surprise but I saw on here like, 5 minutes before the show that he was in attendance. I saw him start to smile backstage during Brian's set and then he came out. It was like he thought "OK I want some of this. This is awesome."

My pictures- I hope I got a few. The lighting was kinda low and there wasn't a pit. Plus with all the mic stands it was hard to get a clear shot. But I tried. I'll post my stuff soon.

Really the only music I've been listening to the past few months has been Lucero, Dave Hause, Chuck & Gaslight. Cory's starting to grow on me too.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 am

I was in the center, I was actually front frow in that circle. He came right exactly where I was standing.

Were you outside on the phone after the show?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:53 am

Debonair wrote:
I was in the center, I was actually front frow in that circle. He came right exactly where I was standing.

What circle? Who came over to where you were?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 am

Yes I was outside on the phone. Bending over this pipe thing because my back was so stiff. That paints a strange image, but that's what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Yes I was outside on the phone. Bending over this pipe thing because my back was so stiff. That paints a strange image, but that's what I was doing.

Yep I saw you I was standing right next to you, you were on the phone so thats why i didn't bother you Razz and then you left as soon as you hung up, like bolted lol!

Tim Barry I believe it was right?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:07 am

Were you tall with dark hair? Cus I saw two guys that were kinda looking at me and I thought either I must look weird or it was you. And of course why should I try and say anything...? Duh.

Yeah, I was checking in at home so my family knew I was alive and also debating whether to try to meet the guys (Brian, etc.). Then I was like "Well. I either stand here all night and get home at 5am or keep the dream alive that I'll get to interview Brian one day and speak to him then."

Tim Barry was all the way on the left. It went Tim, Tommy, Cory, Chuck, Brian, Dave, Dan.

(Tim so moved, he leaves the stage to go into the crowd)

... and Tim in the crowd
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 am

That was my brother, im guessing, I had the gaslight shirt on.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTteoPjeOJbchuSMywSnLdbi_tq9RJMvtMagQrsPljrQDa7_bFB

Unless we are talking about two different people Razz

Actually believe it or not Brian was already outside. He just wasn't out front, so some guy told us to try the side street, and there he was with a bunch of people.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 am

Looks awesome! Wish I was there!
Here's Brian

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 am

My other clips are here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/starstruck76/videos
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 am

Well there was tall guy with dark hair who I kept looking at only cus he looks just like my cousin, and other guy leaning against the tree. I didn't notice anyone's shirts. Embarassed Were you "other guy leaning against the tree"?

And also, how creepy are we that we were slightly stalking each other but said nothing? LOL

Did you see Fred Mascherino? He was there also. He's like, the sweetest guy ever.

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:27 am

I was leaning against something Razz it might of been a tree, all I know is it was next to like old newspaper dispensers. Well it was funny creepily stalking/almost meeting each other but i need some sleep Sleep

If people find the right video of the Tim Barry circle, you will see me no doubt.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 am

The Tim Barry Circle. It sounds like a Google+ event.

OK ttyl! At least we know each other truly exists offline. Next time- code word "JimmyB" Wink
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 am

CluckyB wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
goodnight irene
great expectations
59 sound
american slang

awesome concert but totally bummed that was it from brian.

why? he was there as a guest. and there were like seven other guys. If he had been on the tour to start with I can understand being a little disappointed, but it would be rude for him to be like "yeah I'm guesting at this spot give me ten songs worth of setlist space!!!!"

i agree with that sentiment, but it also seemed like tim and dave played longer, and they were guests too. and brian was the last of the "solo" acts before everyone came out, so it just felt short.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 am

Great show! Such a fun night with some amazing musicians. Totally blown away. Three straight hours of unbelievable music. Also saw the junkie last night but was too shy to say hello Embarassed

Back down to Philly later to watch Fallons garbage man play the Wells Fargo Center Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 am

Sounds like a helluva night. Congrats to all who got to go. Wish I could've been there but I'll be at the Bowery show tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 am

Rizz1048 wrote:
Great show! Such a fun night with some amazing musicians. Totally blown away. Three straight hours of unbelievable music. Also saw the junkie last night but was too shy to say hello Embarassed

Back down to Philly later to watch Fallons garbage man play the Wells Fargo Center Laughing

Haha, I love that you call her "the junkie". Razz Lorraine, you are so intimidating to these boys. They won't even say hello!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:04 pm

WTF? Yeah, I'm so intimidating. Whyyy?! I'll let you in on a secret, if you see me and I'm spacing out looking serious, I am probably just thinking about what I'm going to eat for dinner after the show Laughing Hearing this explains so much about my life.

One thing I wanted to mention- I was soooo happy to not have drunk crazies near me for once. Everyone was super respectful about personal space. It was almost weird not having people act like idiots. How was it for you guys that were there?

Rizz- where were you?

As far as Brian's set being short, you have to remember that he was announced last minute and there were seven sets they had to schedule in plus whatever group numbers. I thought everyone's set was too short. I just noticed they're playing every night through April 7th. Yeesh!

The Junkie. LOL! I'm surprised anyone notices me since I'm so short. People practically accidentally step on me.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm

You are very intimidating. I was scared to even make eye contact! hahaha I also saw you outside when you were on the phone. Didn't want to bother you.

Crowd was very good last night. I was sort of in the back standing right next to the soundboard. Everyone was very chill. Great experience! There was only one point where some drunk girl just started shoving her way through everybody to get down to the floor. There is always that one person....
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm

No Brian McGee though unless he played first and bounced. I got there at 8:30. Confirm/Deny anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:14 pm

it was announced that he would be there, but alas he was not there.
Back to top Go down
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jeffrey2

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Did Dave end up playing any new songs, all I've seen is Prague and Time Will Tell on youtube.
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012    Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon part of the Philadelphia show of Revival Tour 2012
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next