DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]

Go down 
+24
The Angry Johnny Revue
CluckyB
steady now steady now
J.B.R.
Harbortown
colmillionaire
TGAFAN25
CasanovaBaby90
Steve70s
ThisMachineKillsFascists
ral
Debonair
IrishNameAndAnInjury
PFREEZY
Camus
IKeeptheDiner
Bea
Holland
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
simo
plugga
Gaslight23
LuceroDiehard
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Gaslight, Lucero & Metallica on the same bill has me VERY VERY EXCITED. Titus Andronicus should be good too. Their Best Coast tweet made me LOL although I've got no idea where the hate's from. Best Coast seem like harmless folks? Also I think I heard Springsteen was a fan of theirs if that means anything to anyone.

Not sure if this was mentioned (I kinda scanned through the posts really quick) but the rumor is Metallica's doing the Black Album one night and Ride The Lightning the other.

The question is how open minded are Metallica's fans? I already know one Metallica freak totally upset with the lineup. Anyone says anything bad about Gaslight or Lucero to me at this show and I will fight them. Twisted Evil It sounds like a very Brooklyn Vegan-y lineup actually. Well with the exception of Avenged Sevenfold who I'm not into but would watch for the spectacle of it. Sometimes it's still interesting watching bands whose music I'm not into but put on something entertaining at least.

Heard of these bands:
Arctic Monkeys
Avenged Sevenfold
Modest Mouse
Lucero
The Gaslight Anthem
Titus Andronicus
Cage The Elephant
Fucked Up
Best Coast

Have not heard of these bands:
Hot Snakes
Gary Clark, Jr.
Roky Erickson
The Black Angels
The Sword
A Place To Bury Strangers
Liturgy

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Also, I wouldn't be upset if the lineup kept some of the Metallica meatheads from coming out. Though I guess for the price it's worth it for them since they'd easily pay that for one single show.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:48 pm

fucked up are amazing.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

I stagedove off of Damian's body. Might go to this so I can do that again.

Best Coast blows, here's a song I wrote in their style. Someone can send this to them.

I'm feeling lazy (whoa-oa)
I'll watch a movie (whoa-oa)
With Patrick Swayze (whoa-oa)
It'll be really groovy (whoa-oa)

Now I wanna sing at the sun!
Yeah, that'll be fun
But I think all I neeeeed
Is my cat and a bag of weeeeed

WHOA-OA!

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:07 pm

I take it one I'm one of very few around here that like Best Coast? Man, what's wrong with a bit of lo-fi surf pop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Camus wrote:
I take it one I'm one of very few around here that like Best Coast? Man, what's wrong with a bit of lo-fi surf pop.

dude its not lo fi and its not fucking surf music....stop disrespecting surf music.

when I see best coast, every song was about how she wished she had a boyfriend, how she hated her boyfriend, how she loved her boyfriend and also every song ended with a rhyme of the word 'you'

its god damn terrible.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:11 pm

I have nothing against Best Coast but I think a lot of people do that whole surf pop thing a lot better. Not sure why they caught on so much. But I will admit to following the singer's cat on Twitter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:11 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
I stagedove off of Damian's body. Might go to this so I can do that again.

Best Coast blows, here's a song I wrote in their style. Someone can send this to them.

I'm feeling lazy (whoa-oa)
I'll watch a movie (whoa-oa)
With Patrick Swayze (whoa-oa)
It'll be really groovy (whoa-oa)

Now I wanna sing at the sun!
Yeah, that'll be fun
But I think all I neeeeed
Is my cat and a bag of weeeeed

WHOA-OA!

thats a million dollar worth song right there Colin.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:12 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Camus wrote:

dude its not lo fi and its not fucking surf music....stop disrespecting surf music.

when I see best coast, every song was about how she wished she had a boyfriend, how she hated her boyfriend, how she loved her boyfriend and also every song ended with a rhyme of the word 'you'

its god damn terrible.

Say what you want. I don't agree with you, but we're both allowed to have our own opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Camus wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Camus wrote:

its god damn terrible.

Say what you want. I don't agree with you, but we're both allowed to have our own opinions.

to each his own...just don't call it surf music.

if you want surf music thats out right now. check out The Californian or Tijuana Panthers
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 pm

I like Best Coast.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I like Best Coast.

GOOD MAN
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Also weird that Liturgy is on this show. Hope Metallica fans get there early enough to check them out. They'll be dumbfounded. Reminds me of when I saw Deerhoof open up for The Roots. That was hysterical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I like Best Coast.

and I respected you cause you liked Bad Religion... What a Face
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:20 pm

TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Litrugydiplo

Brooklyn Vegan posted that today
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:22 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I like Best Coast.

and I respected you cause you liked Bad Religion... What a Face
Haha, I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I can listen to them without having to turn it off.
Wouldn't call it surf music though.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm

I liked this Best Coast song Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OYBzktBJ0k

Why do you hate them?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 pm

I don't get the hate, is it just because of their lyrics?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
At school today these two metalheads in my grade were talking about "this festival Metallica were doing with all these shit bands" I checked it out and it is my dream festival.

All in my top 15 favourite bands of all time:
GASLIGHT
LUCERO
BLACK ANGELS
CAGE THE ELEPHANT

I also really like Arctic Monkeys and Modest Mouse. I used to like Titus as well but were terrible when I saw them live.

Also Gary Clark jr and Hot Snakes are phenomenal it should be noted.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Camus wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
Lucero and TGA are the only bands that appeal to me from the lineup so far.

Arctic Monkeys, Titus Andronicus and Cage the Elephant are pretty solid.

*wonders if Titus Andronicus and Gaslight are going to have the 'biggest Springsteen immitation contest'* Razz

Gaslight win hands down. The only massive similarity between Titus Andronicus and Springsteen is the story-telling style of songs, Gaslight have all the bases covered.

But I mean, "Tramps Like Us, Baby we were born to die" or "At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet its a pretty good song baby you know the rest"?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 am

What a lineup
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Sooooo awesome. Mainly because it's practically my backyard.

Pretty sweet to have the 2012 versions of Pearl Jam and Nirvana (Gaslight and Cage) at the same show. Anyone who has seen Cage live knows that Matt Schultz is basically the spawn child of Kurt Cobain and Iggy Pop.

I could care less about Metallica, but TGA, Cage, Titus, Lucero? Are you kidding???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 pm

I fucking love Best Coast.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Don't forget arctic monkeys. one of my favorite bands, so damn good
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 am

This totally makes up for Gaslight not playing Bamboozle. Although if I could pick one band to see Gaslight open up for, the Foo Fighters might be that band.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]   TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA at Metallica’s Orion Festival @ Bader Field – June 23 & 24 [was: Gaslight to play Big Show this year! Announcement soon]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next