DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asbury Park 2011 audio

Go down 
+26
IrishNameAndAnInjury
knuckles
drifter69
turnitin2004
simo
NeverTrustAJunkie
dustinpardue
Harbortown
enola
Shrewsbury_Stars
Holland
TGAFAN25
SouthJerseyTGA
JimmyB
Down by the Mersey
backseat99
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
eddiecash
acousticbandit
Jerseyrain
riversedge
plugga
chickenman
steady now steady now
brucesboots
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Asbury Park 2011 audio Empty
PostSubject: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:34 am

and its a bakerstuff recording. Very Happy

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=385288&viewcomm=5115185
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:00 am

brucesboots wrote:
and its a bakerstuff recording. Very Happy

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=385288&viewcomm=5115185

great news; now for megaupload please
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:43 am

Sure thing, just started the torrent. Will a mediafire-link do for the First among equals? Think I've allready got an account there...

Last edited by chickenman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 am

And here we go: Very Happy

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozafarecv6vl1de
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 am

I think we should consider making a bootleg of all the things brian says during shows hahaha
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am

I constantly ask myself why I wasn't born in NJ.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:33 pm

riversedge wrote:

Me too, My 3 favourite bands are all from there and the others are close by too!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 pm

thank you thank you thank you!

guys i have a theory (sorry if this was mentioned in the show thread and i missed it): bruce had his own mic on friday because the show was being recorded for release. when bruce performed 59 sound he and brian shared a mic. when brian played with e st he and bruce shared a mic. perhaps this is pure coincidence with a splash of wishful thinking, but just a thought!
Back to top Go down
eddiecash
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
eddiecash

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
riversedge wrote:

Me too, My 3 favourite bands are all from there and the others are close by too!

not to rub it in, but it's awesome living here. it's great being able to see springsteen in jersey, gaslight in jersey... and if you hang around asbury enough, you meet people like the bouncing souls and then run into them at other shows. everyone here is super chill too. no rock star attitudes. a few years back, tim barry played in a backyard in new brunswick. the gaslight dudes were hanging out. one of the guys from my chemical romance was there... just local dudes watching music. I love the music scene here. move to jersey!
Back to top Go down
http://livemusicfile.blogspot.com/
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:35 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
thank you thank you thank you!

guys i have a theory (sorry if this was mentioned in the show thread and i missed it): bruce had his own mic on friday because the show was being recorded for release. when bruce performed 59 sound he and brian shared a mic. when brian played with e st he and bruce shared a mic. perhaps this is pure coincidence with a splash of wishful thinking, but just a thought!

Bit of a stretch considering in true Bruce "fashion" he ended up sharing the mic with Brian hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:21 pm

eddiecash wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
riversedge wrote:

not to rub it in, but it's awesome living here. it's great being able to see springsteen in jersey, gaslight in jersey... and if you hang around asbury enough, you meet people like the bouncing souls and then run into them at other shows. everyone here is super chill too. no rock star attitudes. a few years back, tim barry played in a backyard in new brunswick. the gaslight dudes were hanging out. one of the guys from my chemical romance was there... just local dudes watching music. I love the music scene here. move to jersey!

Can I come and live with you? Wish I could move to Jersey, have to settle for visiting.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:08 pm

eddiecash wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
riversedge wrote:

I may be moving to NY in 2013 because of international study (i'm studing american and canadian literature, history and culture at university) so who knows Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 pm

chickenman wrote:
And here we go: Very Happy

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozafarecv6vl1de
i love you rendeer
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Thank so much for putting this up!First time i've used one of these sites,not sure how the heck it works, but got to listen to the gig. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Listening to it now and I have a very large smile on my face Smile Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm

I may just want a house in Asbury.
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:41 pm

riversedge wrote:

haha, this is so funny. Most people in the United States at least just look down on us and laugh. Why? I don't know. Which is why we usually band together, We probably have the most pride of any state.

And I do have to say, I've lived all over New Jersey. North, South, Central, you name it... We have the most variety of any other state and are 1 hour away (at most) from doing anything you want. Not many places can say that. Stuck inbetween two of the 5 biggest city's in the country, Mountains, Oceans, etc.. Always something to do. Great variety of people.

and AWESOME music.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:49 pm

California's got everything Jersey has, but better weather, bigger mountains, nicer beaches, etc.... Yosemite...

Love the Jersey pride, but easy on the rose-colored glasses Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:49 pm

And this boot is AWESOME!!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! That show was also pure magic... Couldn't have been luckier to be able to go!
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:57 pm

I can't speak for all of California, but I lived in Torrance for 2 years. No thanks, California is awesome. Californians are a different story. Half of California is a desert, most people forget to tell you that.

I would CERTAINLY argue nicer beaches. New Jersey has some of the best beaches, especially South Jersey. The sand in NJ is some of the finest in the world (this comes from it's geographic landscape, and the fact that half of NJ as it currently stands used to be under water (Pine Barrens).

You also have to understand how large and massive california is. Of course there's a lot to do, but drive anywhere in a 2.5 hour span in California, and you might not see anything. You can drive the whole state of NJ in 2.5 hours and you'll see everything.

Again, lived in both places. No thanks, west coast.

Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm

I feel like New Jersey would be worth living in just for the music, people say Manchester is a good music city but it is so saturated with bands it is crazy (and a lot of Oasis soundalikes) , a lot of bands are getting screwed over and are made to pay money to play a gig. At least NJ seems (to me anyway) to have an underground scene of bands that support each other.

Last edited by Holland on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:41 pm

SouthJerseyTGA wrote:
I can't speak for all of California, but I lived in Torrance for 2 years. No thanks, California is awesome. Californians are a different story. Half of California is a desert, most people forget to tell you that.

I would CERTAINLY argue nicer beaches. New Jersey has some of the best beaches, especially South Jersey. The sand in NJ is some of the finest in the world (this comes from it's geographic landscape, and the fact that half of NJ as it currently stands used to be under water (Pine Barrens).

You also have to understand how large and massive california is. Of course there's a lot to do, but drive anywhere in a 2.5 hour span in California, and you might not see anything. You can drive the whole state of NJ in 2.5 hours and you'll see everything.

Again, lived in both places. No thanks, west coast.

Before this thread turns into a debate over which is the best state in the Union, let's just agree that this is totally subjective and that there are obvious grounds for differences of opinion.

Different strokes for different folks.

P.S. JERSEY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 pm

I don't know...I think Pittsburgh is starting to get a music scene...besides the (c)rap scene we have suffered with.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:11 am

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!

Can't wait to relive it all again Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 am

It doesn't even matter what any of you say because Minnesota is the best state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asbury Park 2011 audio   Asbury Park 2011 audio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asbury Park 2011 audio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next