DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day

Go down 
+36
Thunder Peel
Anya_TGA
steady now steady now
TheContender
Paddy
brucesboots
JimmyB
TGAFAN25
Van Der Twix
bringiton_ty
jzancan
Zapuda
White Man In Hammersmith
OllieC
onbackstreetsinbackseats
prettyontheinsidex
Jack
Klown
Ghost
A_Regular
TGAforLIFE
thomas94
simo
Velocity
Shrewsbury_Stars
jeffrey2
Bea
ThisMachineKillsFascists
nebraska
Harbortown
Daire
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
waltzingseñora
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:17 pm

New song out "let yourself go". Really liking this one, it's very Nimrod sounding (Nice Guys Finish Last) Very Happy I'm looking forward to Uno! now!

http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/video_premiere_green_day_let_yourself_go
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 pm

So apparently Billie Joe is going to be a judge/mentor on this season of the Voice.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Sums it all up. Wonder if he is giving make-up tips.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Only band I personally consider to be legit sell outs. Billie Joe in an interview in like 03 bitched about how "men need to be fucking men" quit wearing make up and girl jeans. Smash cut to Warning absolutely bombing and bands like My Chemical Romance getting huge and Green Day decides to become the EXACT band they bitched about only a year earlier. I enjoyed American Idiot and even a few songs off of the CD after that but I feel especially with this new single they are just content putting out the same song they know will be a hit...because the previous 4 songs before it that sounded EXACTLY the same are also hits.

Kind of funny though, I've been thinking about Green Day quite a bit lately all of the debate over Ian in the Gaslight Anthem reminded me of Jason White in Green Day once American Idiot came out and he was always on the stage and people over at a Green Day fan site which name now it's escapes me were really split on the idea of him being up on stage in plain sight.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:02 pm

In case anyone's interested in that - Album prelistening available here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Visions-Magazin/126283570757894?sk=app_317162171716367
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 pm

thomas94 wrote:
In case anyone's interested in that - Album prelistening available here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Visions-Magazin/126283570757894?sk=app_317162171716367

I put it on earlier and had a listen but I can't say there were really any songs that particularly caught my attention. What did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Jordd01 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

I put it on earlier and had a listen but I can't say there were really any songs that particularly caught my attention. What did you think of it?

Well, I' m not the biggest Green Day fan. I listen to their stuff once in a while...the albums, which I consider as the best of the band, are Dookie and American Idiot (yeah, kill me for saying so if you disagree, but I like it Very Happy ). Maybe the album needs a few more listens, but at the moment my opinion is pretty much the same as yours.. I already didn't really like Oh, Love that much and all of the rest I've heard so far is feeling average - most of the songs are entertaining for a few minutes - but nothing really special/mind-blowing
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 pm

thomas94 wrote:
Jordd01 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:

Well, I' m not the biggest Green Day fan. I listen to their stuff once in a while...the albums, which I consider as the best of the band, are Dookie and American Idiot (yeah, kill me for saying so if you disagree, but I like it Very Happy ). Maybe the album needs a few more listens, but at the moment my opinion is pretty much the same as yours.. I already didn't really like Oh, Love that much and all of the rest I've heard so far is feeling average - most of the songs are entertaining for a few minutes - but nothing really special/mind-blowing

It won't play on my computer, but I'll chime in on a few things I've seen briefly browsing through here that stuck out at me, specifically the American Idiot comment from above--I thought it was a great album. Don't apologize for liking it. It's one of my favorites, and I'm not sure why people didn't like it. I've never heard a good reason besides the fact that it sold a shit ton of records. Which is a condescending way of saying, nobody has given me a musical reason why they didn't like it. The closest thing I got was always about how they didn't like Green Day no longer singing about jacking off and wearing girls' clothes (hyperbole, but I think you get my point). Then 21st Century Breakdown came out, and I thought it was atrocious (admittedly, because I thought it sounded like a watered down, less interesting version of American Idiot), and ended up agreeing with all the people I was arguing against a couple years earlier, just for different reasons. For the new albums, I've heard the preview trailers for them on YouTube, and I really dug the sound from the quick instrumental previews. Of course, I'll see how I feel after I hear the songs, but for right now, I'm really looking forward to it.

And on a side note, somebody earlier made a comment about how Green Day is one of the only bands they considered to have "sold out." How? They made a politically driven album? How NOT punk! Thank god Sex Pistols and The Clash didn't do that. Said album launched them from Rise Against status to mainstream rock star status? Tell me you don't want to see TGA with the same breakthrough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:02 am

Agreed ^. American Idiot is one of my favorite albums of all time along with American Slang, the '59 Sound, Born to Run, and Darkness on the Edge of Town. So suck it!
I think the new album is solid, not amazing, but it's refreshing and fun and I'm really excited to look back at it as 1/3 of a piece when all three new albums are out.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:20 am

People didnt like American Idiot due to the "change" "sell out" in green day that established them as one of the all time great bands. It was also cool to not like them at this time. Be surprised how many love this album now or lied they didnt. Best concept album ever. This band can do no wrong in my eyes lol Billie is an awesome frontman and person to aspire to be. Have read most books and love the story of green day. For the first time ever i dont like a song AT ALL - kill the dj- but they promised a foxboro hot tubs style album so i literally cant wait for that. If you havent listened to the Foxboro Hot Tubs you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Bring on this trio of albums! Sorry for long post lets just say i am a Green Day fan
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Did you guys saw this yesterday night ? That's pretty awesome haha !

Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 pm

lol....

I understand being upset because his set was shortened, but BJ just looks like a guy realizing that the spotlight is fading and he's trying to grasp onto the last shred of relevancy he's got...

Maybe if he could put together a sentence or two without saying fuck in between each word he would sound like he had a decent point...
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:57 am

isn't their new album coming out or just came out? haha just in time to get have a so called meltdown and get on all the music news sites.

also they are playing I heart Radio festival along with acts like Usher and Taylor Swift...you might as well be justin bieber.
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:00 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
isn't their new album coming out or just came out? haha just in time to get have a so called meltdown and get on all the music news sites.

also they are playing I heart Radio festival along with acts like Usher and Taylor Swift...you might as well be justin bieber.

To be honest I'm not too sure why he called out Justin Bieber anyway. I think he was just looking for a name to throw out to be controversial.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:17 am

Matt L wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

To be honest I'm not too sure why he called out Justin Bieber anyway. I think he was just looking for a name to throw out to be controversial.

Holy shit that was insane. He's calling out justin bieber cuz he and usher are good friends and thats how bieber got his start was through usher
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:41 am

also, he appears to be completely wasted
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 am

he's simply trying to stay relevant. I don't think it's anything more than that.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am

Well don't forget Benny called out Bieber before (And the great Benny Beiber fight in Spam followed). Well whatever, I dislike Green day, but I hate Beiber more, and am glad SOMEONE has the guts to call that no talent poser punk out.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:49 am

Justin Bieber is extremely talented, what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I've nothing against Justin Bieber....I think he just called him out for the sake of calling out.

I agree...he is desperately trying to stay relevant.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Weren't you the one who started the whole Beiber benny fight thing?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:55 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Weren't you the one who started the whole Beiber benny fight thing?
That was just me being silly.

Justin is in no way untalented. The kid can dance and sing and does it well.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:06 pm

I cant stand the kid and that type of musical celebrity. There are tons of talented musicians, who work their (our) fingers to the bone, waiting tables, cleaning dishes, doing manual labor,etc just trying to make ends meet and do not get attention when it is deserved. Then comes along a 16 year old nobody who only gets attention because of some hip hop artist thinks he is okay and invites him to do a recording. Or a person gets instant celebrity because they were on a TV show for music talent, Who do nothing to earn it, and it is thrust upon them undeserving.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Well, yeah, the business is unfair. That's a different discussion.

Call him out for performing shitty songs, having a stupid haircut or whatever, but you'd have to be pretty narrowminded to claim he lacks talent. He's a better singer than Brian, but the fact that I say that doesn't mean I like his music better.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:17 pm

why do people think Green Day sold out ? They progressed and went on to a big label , fair play to them , American Idiot and Dookie are classic albums , really dont get why people have turned on them......the ffffffffkin vid is so funny lo, but fair play 25 minutes for a band like them is a joke....you can say a lot of fs and smash a good guitar in 1 minute lo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Day
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next