DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day

Go down 
+36
Thunder Peel
Anya_TGA
steady now steady now
TheContender
Paddy
brucesboots
JimmyB
TGAFAN25
Van Der Twix
bringiton_ty
jzancan
Zapuda
White Man In Hammersmith
OllieC
onbackstreetsinbackseats
prettyontheinsidex
Jack
Klown
Ghost
A_Regular
TGAforLIFE
thomas94
simo
Velocity
Shrewsbury_Stars
jeffrey2
Bea
ThisMachineKillsFascists
nebraska
Harbortown
Daire
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
waltzingseñora
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jeffrey2

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Insomniac is one of my favorites of all time. A really raw fast paced short tight punk songs, and dark at times. I still like them, they just need to stop trying to write concept albums. And no more cheesy ballads like "Last Night on Earth" of the last album was aweful. Billie Joe is a great songwriter though. Dookie is brilliant as well, and timeless. The Lookout records were good, but mostly every song was about girls.
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 am

I really dont know can we say "comefuckingon" but lets just pretend that we can Smile. And English isn't my first language so exuse me and im a bit lazy to check my writings for the mistakes, because then I end up editing it too much and then delete the whole thing. Random trick or treat stories that dont go anywhere...but deep down I know Im a genius Very Happy. And this is just internet after all Very Happy. Now go to your last day of work in 2 weeks Sam and listen some Green Day(there i said it. no offtopic.)
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 am

jeffrey2 wrote:
Insomniac is one of my favorites of all time. A really raw fast paced short tight punk songs, and dark at times. I still like them, they just need to stop trying to write concept albums. And no more cheesy ballads like "Last Night on Earth" of the last album was aweful. Billie Joe is a great songwriter though. Dookie is brilliant as well, and timeless. The Lookout records were good, but mostly every song was about girls.

Insomniac is an amazing album, "Panic Song" is one of my favorites Very Happy OH GOD, Smoothed Out Slappy Hours is a very good album, but at one point, from tracks 12-17 almost everything is about girls and I just click and click to get to the next song Suspect I didn't quite like Last Night On Earth, I like the title, certain lines of the song but generally it's not one of their greatest ballads confused I prefer Westbound Sign or Pulling Teeth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jeffrey2

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah, not a bad song on Insomniac, I remember waiting hours for Target to open, to get that CD, and Panic Song is one of my favorite songs too. And I remember staying up till midnight to watch 120 minutes with Matt PInfield, such a great show and broke in so many bands. Going to Pasalaqua probally my favorite song by them, and Having a Blast on Dookie.
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 pm

If you guys had to pick 10 Green Day songs to listen to, which ones would it be?

Mine would be

-Pulling teeth
-Brat
-Geek stink breath
-Nice guys finish last
-The grouch
-Platypus (I hate you)
-Warning
-Macy's day parade
-On the wagon again
-Homecoming: The death of St. Jimmy

Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:29 am

Harbortown wrote:
If you guys had to pick 10 Green Day songs to listen to, which ones would it be?

Mine would be

-Pulling teeth
-Brat
-Geek stink breath
-Nice guys finish last
-The grouch
-Platypus (I hate you)
-Warning
-Macy's day parade
-On the wagon again
-Homecoming: The death of St. Jimmy

Church on Sunday
Christie Road
Jesus of Suburbia
Armatage Shanks (best Green Day song ever IMO)
FOD
Pasalaqua
Castaway
Chump
J.A.R.
Razorbacks
Back to top Go down
Velocity
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Velocity

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 am

J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)
Stuart and the Ave.
Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?
Going to Pasalacqua
No One Knows
Waiting
Jesus of Suburbia
Basket Case
Whatsername
Letterbomb

Words can't even describe how much I love this band. Their stadium shows can be a bit ridiculous at times I guess, but you really haven't experienced them live until you see them in a 200-person club. It's phenomenal, and without all the pyro, the costumes, and all that.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:35 am

I'm not positive I could even name 10 Green Day songs but I did enjoy that Foxboro Hot Tubs record.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:55 am

When it's Time
2000 Light Years Away
Going to Pasalacqua
One of My Lies
Having a Blast
Coming Clean
Macy's Day Parade
Stuck With Me
Letterbomb
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:42 am

!Going To Pasalacqua
!Christie Road, Private Ale, No One Knows
!Having A Blast, FOD
!Stuck With Me, Panic Song
!All The Time, Uptight
!Warning, Minority, Fashion Victim, Deadbeat Holiday, Macy's Day Parade
!Desensitized, On The Wagon
!Are We The Waiting, Letterbomb, Whatsername, Homecoming: The Death Of Saint Jimmy
!The Static Age, 21st Century Breakdown

I've grown up with Green Day and these are my favorites, I think they're worth listening! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 am

simo wrote:
I'm not positive I could even name 10 Green Day songs but I did enjoy that Foxboro Hot Tubs record.

The Foxboro Hot Tubs are AMAZING What a Face The Pedestrian, Mother Mary and Broadway have to be my favorites. (Recommend them to others as well)
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 pm

i guess you guys already know about that:
http://www.billboard.com/news/green-day-starts-recording-new-album-armstrong-1006197172.story#/news/green-day-starts-recording-new-album-armstrong-1006197172.story
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:37 am

Yes Very Happy I cannot wait. I hope it's better than the last one tongue
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 am

Hey fellow Green Day fans!

Just wondering, what to you all think of the new song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_05XAPR8q8

I think it's pretty decent. A little similar I think to some of the stuff on their last album, but sounds like they're working on their style a bit...
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:10 am

The song in the DOS preview, hnghhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 am

I think it's awful, in all honesty. They are failing to release anything that stands out now, it's been just the same old Green Day since American Idiot (which was great, 21st Century not so much..).

Fans of Green Day should check out Yellowcard's new song, similar genre but streets ahead of the new Green Day one and will get about 1% of views compared to Green Days :-/.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 am

Ghost wrote:
I think it's awful, in all honesty. They are failing to release anything that stands out now, it's been just the same old Green Day since American Idiot (which was great, 21st Century not so much..).

Fans of Green Day should check out Yellowcard's new song, similar genre but streets ahead of the new Green Day one and will get about 1% of views compared to Green Days :-/.

Hey, I tried looking for Yellowcard's new song. What's the name of it?? But, yeah, I could agree (to a certain extent) that it's awful. When I think about it, they haven't mixed up their sound much. "21 Guns" maybe...? But, I think it will be interesting to see what the rest of Uno sounds like.
Back to top Go down

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 am

I'm sure this was probably discussed before, but Oh Love is dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 am

Green Day have been awful since just after Warning to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:50 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Hey, I tried looking for Yellowcard's new song. What's the name of it?? But, yeah, I could agree (to a certain extent) that it's awful. When I think about it, they haven't mixed up their sound much. "21 Guns" maybe...? But, I think it will be interesting to see what the rest of Uno sounds like.

It's called Awakening, tis on youtube Smile.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 am

I don't like Oh Love very much. Keep in mind I think their best two records are the last two, so it's not like I'm stuck in 1994...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 pm

I've been a Green Day fan since right before American Idiot came out and once it did, I was completely blown away. Sometimes the stuff they do that people consider "selling out" bothers me too because they're just EVERYWHERE and it takes the fun out of it. People gave them crap for the play of American Idiot, which I actually saw when Billie Joe was in it and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

I think they've gotten to the point where they can't put out a bad record, but it just may not be as likeable as some of their other stuff. I've been on the fence about how much I really like them lately, but their live show just sucks me in every time. If they weren't as good as they are live, I would probably have a harder time defending them. Regardless of what they've put out lately, you can't deny that they're still a good band.

Last edited by prettyontheinsidex on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:03 pm

I first saw Green Day live about 20 years ago, i think i was a freshman or soohmore in high school when Dookie came out. They played to a packed Civic Center in Philadelphia. I also saw them after Nimrod came out somewhere in Delaware to probably about 1000 people. I saw them at Warped Tour in 100 degree heat and on the first leg of the 21st Century Tour. And too many times in between. Same energy every time, I've never seen a bad Green Day show. I used to go to a ton of shows, probably one a week in my hayday.There are only a few bands I've seen that put on a great show every time they hit the stage, Green Day is one of them. As far as the Tweens in the front row...they deserve to be there just as much as the guy (me) who was actually alive when Kerplunk came out.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm

onbackstreetsinbackseats wrote:
I first saw Green Day live about 20 years ago, i think i was a freshman or soohmore in high school when Dookie came out. They played to a packed Civic Center in Philadelphia. I also saw them after Nimrod came out somewhere in Delaware to probably about 1000 people. I saw them at Warped Tour in 100 degree heat and on the first leg of the 21st Century Tour. And too many times in between. Same energy every time, I've never seen a bad Green Day show. I used to go to a ton of shows, probably one a week in my hayday.There are only a few bands I've seen that put on a great show every time they hit the stage, Green Day is one of them. As far as the Tweens in the front row...they deserve to be there just as much as the guy (me) who was actually alive when Kerplunk came out.

Exactly. Their live shows are just incredible. Whether they're high production or not, it doesn't matter to me because the band still sounds great and Billie Joe has this way of making an arena show feel a lot like a club show. He gets everyone just as excited to be there and involved in the show from the front row to the last. I could never buy another green day album and still catch every live show of theirs. That's really where they prove themselves and that to me was the only part the matters. If a band can put out a great record but can't pull off a good live show, their record doesn't mean anything and it doesn't say much for them as a band.
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I just adore Green Day always have. I own all the records (Insomniac and Nimrod are tied for my favourites) and I drove 8 hours to Montreal to see them on their last tour; they are unbelievaby good live; I was truly blown away. Last album was mediocre though; it had some fantastic songs, but I felt there was too much deadwood on there, and they were trying too hard with the concept and it came off as contrived and pretensious (as someone rightly said above, can't remember who, sorry!)

Judging by "Oh Love" my love affair with Green Day may be coming to a close; I'll always hold them dear to my heart, and I hope they prove me wrong, but that song is awful! I hope its A. A grower, or B. A bad representation of the album. Ps. Agree about Foxboro Hot Tubs, they were really badass!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Day
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next