DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day

Go down 
+36
Thunder Peel
Anya_TGA
steady now steady now
TheContender
Paddy
brucesboots
JimmyB
TGAFAN25
Van Der Twix
bringiton_ty
jzancan
Zapuda
White Man In Hammersmith
OllieC
onbackstreetsinbackseats
prettyontheinsidex
Jack
Klown
Ghost
A_Regular
TGAforLIFE
thomas94
simo
Velocity
Shrewsbury_Stars
jeffrey2
Bea
ThisMachineKillsFascists
nebraska
Harbortown
Daire
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
waltzingseñora
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 am

has anybody listened to tre yet? it has some good songs, but i found it a little underwhelming Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 am

Nope, not out in the UK yet. Is it not the American Idiot style album I'm hoping for?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am

I'm going to try to wait 'til Christmas to listen. I may go insane, but I'm determined to do it. Ever since album leaks/early streams became commonplace I'm always the first fucker to listen, but I decided last week I'm going to go a different route with Tre. Hopefully I stick to it.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am

Same here. I wont give in yet. Was impressed with DOS so cant wait for this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Tre has some really good songs on it but it sags a lot in the middle of the album. I think Dos has the most good songs but Uno is probably my favorite.
And yeah, it's not really like American Idiot it seems like a mix of Warning and Nimrod.
There are a couple songs with strings / piano backing the band and one rock opera type song but other than that it's all pretty similar to the songs we've been hearing from the trilogy so far except a little darker.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:55 pm

I saw them for the first time in Milan the 24th of May (in the middle of my exams). We travelled to Milan because my sister wanted to see them live and their show was really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Bumping this thread in honor of Dookie turning 20 years old this month. Man, that makes me feel old.

I was a freshman in high school when this came out and I literally blew out the speakers of my shitty boombox listening to it on repeat.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 am

I saw them on the Dookie tour. As a Freshman in college. So you can just be quiet  Razz 

*picks up cane and hobbles away*
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:46 pm

I just watched Cuatro the other day for the first time. Man, it was so good. I love Green Day in pretty much every iteration they've ever had. I honestly just think they're one of the best bands of all-time. And live they're in that upper echelon with Bruce, in my opinion. Incredible both times I've seen them.

Also, little Cuatro fun fact: Billie Joe can play so much more than what his role in Green Day requires. There's a take of Fuck Time where he plays what would have been the craziest guitar solo in any Green Day song. Tapping and everything. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 pm

I was so astonished that Billie Joe is still full of energy after his rehab.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 am

This is actually really cool
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm not a huge Green Day fan but I absolutely love Warning. That was a such a bold and fun record that found the band growing up and branching out. Dookie is okay and I still like it to some degree but I long for another complex and diverse record like Warning.
Back to top Go down
cdnluvtga
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cdnluvtga

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Warning is my favourite GD album
Back to top Go down
emenius
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
emenius

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Green Day was the first rock band I listened to, and they were my favorite band for quite a few years. I started listening to them when American Idiot was released, and soon bought all of their previous records. I didn't really like the singles they released after the American Idiot era, so I never even listened to their newer albums... I don't listen to them much anymore, but I have lots of great memories of them and their music played a significant part in my life while growing up.
Back to top Go down
~Aaron~
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
~Aaron~

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:01 pm

I grew up on so much green day...the first song of theirs that I heard was the "Boulevard of Broken Songs" Green Day-Oasis Mash-up and have just been addicted ever since they never seem to bore on me, much like Gaslight in that respect. I like all of Green Day's music, I have never really felt 'let down' by any of it and I'm glad that they are moving in new directions with their sound that they have not tried before. GD will probably be the one of the bands that has played the most significant part in my life in my childhood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaronhenstock.com
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm

My go to Green Day album is definitely Dookie.
I remember when it came out, me and pretty much everyone in my class was listening to it. It's still my favourite.
I haven't paid much attention to anything after American Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I hope they will go on tour sometime...but now it looks really bad because of the wife of the bassist....
Back to top Go down
emenius
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
emenius

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh no, I didn't know about Mike's wife... that's terrible Sad

I'd love to see them live. I never have. Very few bands play close to where my parents live, and since I was only about 14 when I was really into them, I wouldn't have travelled across the country on my own just to see them. (Oh god, just realized that was 10 years ago... Time flies! affraid )

And I just noticed my username is actually inspired by "Emenius Sleepus". Very Happy Though I'm still not sure what that song title even means.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 pm

emenius wrote:
Oh no, I didn't know about Mike's wife... that's terrible Sad

I'd love to see them live. I never have. Very few bands play close to where my parents live, and since I was only about 14 when I was really into them, I wouldn't have travelled across the country on my own just to see them. (Oh god, just realized that was 10 years ago... Time flies!  affraid )

And I just noticed my username is actually inspired by "Emenius Sleepus". Very Happy Though I'm still not sure what that song title even means.

yeah that with his wife is really sad... I hope she will get better very soon
and I hope you will see them one day
I travelled to italy to see them xd
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 pm

long time no posting!
Anyway, yesterday I was at the Green Day show in Luxembourg! They were supported by Rancid. Both bands were mindblowing! It was one of the best shows I've ever been! I've got 2 guitar picks from Mike Dirnt and Tim Armstrong from Rancid gave me 2 into my hand! And he came down the stage right to me and I could sing with him into the microphone! And that's not everything, after the show I've got autographs from Billie Joe and Tre Cool! and a picture with Billie Joe!
such an awesome day!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 7:29 am

I saw Rancid in 2012 and I (along with my friends) was pretty disappointed. They weren't bad by any means, I guess we all just had enormous expectations after having been fans for so many years without getting a chance to see them.

I saw Green Day in 2013 and I felt the same thing with them. It really annoyed me how instead of playing four or five extra songs, they fill up enormous amounts of time with "I said-ah WHEEEEEEEY OOHHHH" parts. Did they do that?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:18 pm

oh really? this was also the first time I've seen Rancid live and they were amazing! They were full of energy and loved it to play in Luxembourg! maybe you caught them on a bad show :/

oh yeah they still do that, I think that's part of their show! but I think that's cool! They always play almost 30 songs and they play for 2hrs 30 min, so that's ok.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I saw Rancid in 2012 and I (along with my friends) was pretty disappointed. They weren't bad by any means, I guess we all just had enormous expectations after having been fans for so many years without getting a chance to see them.

why were you disappointed of the Rancid show?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:27 pm

No reason!
Probably because our expectations were so high. They weren't bad, it just wasn't that great of a show. It seemed routine more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 5:49 pm

oh ok...I didn't notice anything at the show!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Day   Green Day - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Day
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5