DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Just wondered if there are any big Bon Jovi fans/ collectors on here. I have a few singles I'm looking to sell you see.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:35 pm

I like Bon Jovi, I definitely consider them to be one of the best bands that came out of the 80s, but I'm not a HUGE fan. My sister on the other hand, absolutely loves them. Where did you find the singles? Something like that would be a really cool Christmas present for her if I could find them in like new condition.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:11 pm

I collect a lot of the singles, some of which are hard to get hold of now. The confusing thing is Bon Jovi have released two versions for each of their singles since way back. I have both in many cases but where I have one its hard to find somebody who sells the second version. Ive had trouble with amazon because it advertises it with the cover of the version i have'nt got but they send me the one I have got.

Anyway theres loads of different live and rare tracks demos and stuff on them which is my main reason for collecting.

Ones that I have ended up with two of and would sell are as follows and I'll rate the condition out of ten for you.

These Days (maxi single) 1996

Tracks
1. These Days (edited version)
2. 634-5789 - its a studio recorded b-side cover version of Wilson Pickett
3. Rockin in The Free World (live)
4. Its Hard (Letting You Go) - which might I add is an awesome song rarely played live so its worth having the set for this song.

Disc - 9/10 - just the odd slight dust mark that all cd's get, hardly noticeable and the cd plays just fine
Insert - 10/10 - Untouched Its like its 1996 and I just bought it off the shelf!
Box 7/10 - its intact and looks absolutely fine but there is a slight crack of about 1 and a half inches on the back corner. Other than that there are a few very slight scuffs that you really have to look for. It just comes from having cd's stacked against each other.

One Wild Night (I think its cd 2) 2001

Tracks
1. One Wild Night (2001 version)
2. Lay Your Hands On Me (live) - A great version of the song with horns in the intro.
3. I Believe (live)

Disc - 10/10 - Ive never played it since I received it and it looks brand new.
Insert - 10/10 - again untouched
Box - 8/10 - fully intact, no cracks, just a couple of small suffs on the back and ever so slight wear and tear on the front but again that is barely noticeable unless you are examining it.

They are the two Ihave so far but I am expecting four more discs through the post and Im expecting one or two of those to be doubles aswell, I will post details when they arrive.

Pricing wise I would have to post them to you from the UK which will likely cost more than if you lived here but I will find out how much if you decide you are interested. Id sell them for £4 each plus postage fees so if you are interested give me a shout.
Cheers

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 pm

WHOOOOOOOAAAA WE'RE HALFWAY THEEERE
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 pm

@jerseyrain- thanks so much for all the info. I'm going to look around and see what I can find, and I may PM you later on to see if you are still interested in selling your duplicates. I'm not opposed to paying for overseas shipping if the item is worth it, and your prices are great. The One Wild Night CD sounds especially fantastic. I loved the full-length album and the live version of Lay Your Hands on Me sounds very cool.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Harbortown wrote:
WHOOOOOOOAAAA WE'RE HALFWAY THEEERE

Whoooaaa! Livin' on a prayer! My favorite Bon Jovi song. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Their very best one.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:41 am

im not a HUGE bon jovi fan, but come on, Livin' On A Prayer is such a fucking great song to rock out to.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 am

steph wrote:
im not a HUGE bon jovi fan, but come on, Livin' On A Prayer is such a fucking great song to rock out to.

Totally! So are You Give Love a Bad Name and Bad Medicine. Their 80s songs were the best. There were a few good ones after that (It's My Life, One Wild Nght, and a couple from Bounce), but you can't beat the classics.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 am

haha back in the day i used to say that god forbid i ever get married, we would play "livin' on a prayer" at the wedding haha. its a great song to rock out and sing along to in the car, no matter what else.

having said that, i generally hate when bands who usually rock, sing ballads, and that continues here with "dead or alive" ugh. not a fan.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 am

^ i loved the 80s since i was about 13 on...i have a great BIlly Idol story (or at least to me I do)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:00 am

steph wrote:
^ i loved the 80s since i was about 13 on...i have a great BIlly Idol story (or at least to me I do)

I have loved the 80s since...the 80s. I feel so old! I was born in late '82 and can remember things extremely well from '85 on. I remember singing along to White Wedding when I was in first grade. What's your Billy Idol story, Steph?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 am

steph wrote:
haha back in the day i used to say that god forbid i ever get married, we would play "livin' on a prayer" at the wedding haha. its a great song to rock out and sing along to in the car, no matter what else.

having said that, i generally hate when bands who usually rock, sing ballads, and that continues here with "dead or alive" ugh. not a fan.

I actually don't mind the power ballads as long as they don't get too poppy. I like Wanted Dead or Alive, and I love Poison's Every Rose Has Its Thorn. What I really can't stand is when rockers go country. Bret Michaels and Bon Jovi have both done this. Grr!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 am

^ haha i know what you mean (i HATED "every rose has it's thorn"...except when he sang it to contestants of bret michaels' "rock of love" that show was a fucking skank a thon. hilarious! too bad it ended...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

I have loved the 80s since...the 80s. I feel so old! I was born in late '82 and can remember things extremely well from '85 on. I remember singing along to White Wedding when I was in first grade. What's your Billy Idol story, Steph?

okay i typed this already, but it's not posting! okay well, first of all, it's probly not as great to others as it was to me.

let me first explain, that i have been wanting to see Billy Idol since i was about 16. i remember calling into radio stations with my friend, trying to see him in concert, only it happened to be during a family summer vacation out of town, etc., finally one year, i was in college in Santa Barbara, CA., no one i knew was into Billy Idol like me, but he was playing in Ventura, CA. i bought a ticket, just to see him alone, i didn't even care if no one was going to the show with me. turns out the ticket my mom bought for me online was like a premium ticket and i got into the gig early and front row (all the other people were like 40 something groupies who had been around for years, haha) and i sat in the front row, and blah blah, no opening bands, by the time Billy Idol started, he was singing "Rebel Yell" and holding my cheek for a good thirty seconds, singing to me ....it was fan. fucking. tasitc. A couple songs later, he was signing shit, so the grabbed the first thing i could think of, my new discount white faux patent leather Gucci wallet, and had him sign it (still have it...one of my prized possessions). and stayed for the rest of his set...anyways, i'm not good at describing, nothing can describe how it was to be rocking out in the crowd and having BIlly Iol grab your face (for a good thirty secords...although, okay, i was one of the very few women there who looked under 40, probly hadn't been following him for 20 years) and sing "Rebel Yell" for seriously half the song (yeah and i crimped my hair...i used to do that a lot). but, regardless of who else cares about the story, fuck, Billy Idol is one of the most attractive men ever! and i will never forget that night...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 pm

That is a very cool story, Steph! Front row, an autograph, AND he sang right to you? That is pretty awesome. Cool Please tell me you didn't cry though. I will never understand girls who break down into hysterics at concerts.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Bon Jovi have written plenty power ballads but Wanted Dead or Alive isn't one! Are we talking about the same song here.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

jerseyrain wrote:
Bon Jovi have written plenty power ballads but Wanted Dead or Alive isn't one! Are we talking about the same song here.

I don't really consider Wanted Dead or Alive a power ballad either, but I can see how others might since it's not as much of a fist pumping arena rock anthem as Livin' On a Prayer. Still a good song though.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:23 pm

always liked bon jovi, one of my favourite cds is "the power station sessions". check it out if you havent heard it, great songs on there,sounds so bruuuuuceish!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm

drifter69 wrote:
always liked bon jovi, one of my favourite cds is "the power station sessions". check it out if you havent heard it, great songs on there,sounds so bruuuuuceish!

I didn't even know this existed! I'm buying it for my sister for Christmas. Thanks for mentioning this album!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 am

That is a very cool story, Steph! Front row, an autograph, AND he sang right to you? That is pretty awesome. Cool Please tell me you didn't cry though. I will never understand girls who break down into hysterics at concerts.

haha. yeah it was a good night for me =) but NO i did not cry haha. just find him very attractive even though he's pretty much my parents' age and has probably slept with more people than i can count...erm...yeah...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:47 am

jerseyrain wrote:

I don't really consider Wanted Dead or Alive a power ballad either, but I can see how others might since it's not as much of a fist pumping arena rock anthem as Livin' On a Prayer. Still a good song though.

i wish you were West Coast! haha. you sound like an awesome chica.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:28 am

drifter69 wrote:

That is a great album. I downloaded a bootleg from 2009 where he played a couple songs off it live. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 pm

steph wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:

i wish you were West Coast! haha. you sound like an awesome chica.

I am awesome! Very Happy And I am West Coast in birth and in spirit. I was born and raised in CA (L.A. then Santa Cruz) and moved to VA when I was 13. I love CA so much and still consider it home. But my family moved for my dad's job, I went to college here, and then started working, and here I am...still.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:31 am

yeah... i know what you mean... i've pretty much lived in AZ my whole life minus a few years respite in CA and OR, and i'm still trying to figure out how to finally, once and for all, make a life outside of here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bon Jovi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next