DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

plugga's interview with Brian

Go down 
+11
Phil Rockabill
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Philo
Harbortown
Matilda Noir
JimmyB
Holland
Jerseyrain
MKULTRA
plugga
steady now steady now
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

plugga's interview with Brian Empty
PostSubject: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:25 pm

I thought plugga's interview with Brian deserved it's own thread.

from http://www.radionation.it/2011/10/24/the-revival-tour-a-londra-intervista-a-brian-fallon/

- I’ll start with the big question: you recently announced Gaslight anthem signed for Mercury, you know it’s not easy to please all fans and I’m sure many of them will accuse you of “selling out”, how would you respond to that?

The truth of the matter is, when I painted houses for a living, you could tell me what color you wanted your house, and how you wanted it done. When I picked up a guitar, I stopped asking what people wanted and started doing what I wanted. If people call us sell outs, they missed the point of who were are as a band. Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, and Bob Dylan are my heroes.

- Speaking of fans, being one myself and knowing lots of them, I noticed you and your bands have probably the most loyal fanbase: your relationship with them is definitely one of the reasons why you’re so appreciated. Gaslight’s next album is surely going to attract more people, how are you going to manage that?

Our fan base is a great thing, they meet each other at shows and they become friends. It’s been a total community of people embracing new people over the joy of music. I think if more people come in, it will just be more people to enjoy the embracing. PS – thank you to our fans who’ve been so inviting to new people and to the people who’ve helped others with rides to shows, or finding tickets, or a place to stay the night after a show, we see it, and we thank you.

- You said there’s going to be an album and possibly a Gaslight Anthem tour next year, I know maybe it’s too early to ask but can you tell us something about how do you want it to sound?

It’s much too early.

- I know there’s going to be a second Horrible Crowes album, are you going to work on it soon? Is Ian going to have a more relevant role in the next Gaslight album too?

The Crowes are on an indefinite break, The Gaslight Anthem in on full steam ahead. As for Ian, we’ll see.

- Given the big success the Revival Tour is having, many fans have probably thought about you touring alone or even writing an album, is it likely to happen?

I am not going to do a solo record anytime soon, I have no interest in playing by myself. I love my band, and I love being in a band with people. It takes a village they say.

- Finally, I think you’re one of the best songwriters in music at the moment, what are some of your biggest inspirations, musically and literary speaking?

I think right now, I’ve been into Dylan Thomas, The Rolling Stones, Sam Cooke, and that kind of stuff. Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:28 pm

aww thank yooou!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:06 pm

that's awesome! great job plugga!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 pm

plugga wrote:
aww thank yooou!

Did you just speak to him after a show or do you work for a radio station or something?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 pm

jerseyrain wrote:
plugga wrote:
aww thank yooou!

Did you just speak to him after a show or do you work for a radio station or something?

I was supposed to interview him personally but there was too much press in london so we did it via email, that's why it's so short : )
I write reviews of live shows for that website!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 pm

awesome!!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

thank thanks, cookies and hearts and brownies to all of you hahaha
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 pm

That was a great interview. Thanks for doing it.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Why thank you for reading it!
Back to top Go down
Matilda Noir
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Matilda Noir

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:06 pm

lucky you! good interview cheers

I loved his answer/analogy about painting houses, he's damn right too! At the end of the day you gotta do what's best for you and your family, b/c no one else is responsible for that. I didn't know the Crowes were on an 'indefinite break.' Too bad, means we have to wait awhile for their next record I guess.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Loved his answers too, I flipped a bit at the solo album thing, I was expecting him a negative answer but he kinda left a bit of hope Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:22 pm

dope.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Very nice Plugga, I am so proud of you.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Great stuff Plugga Wink Asked all the questions I woulda asked lol
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Fantastic interview, Plugga! I love all of Brian's answers, especially his heroes that he mentioned. They are some of my heroes too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Bravo! But, où sont les photos ?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Glad we can finally end the sell out discussion

Great job plugga, you should be gaslight personal go to for interviews
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 am

hey i think you asked some great questions and its really cool to read an interview from someone here!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 am

also, maybe im missing something obvious here, but why were you interviewing him?
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 am

How did you manage to swing that?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:48 am

you adorable people!! thank you I am blushing!

Quote :

hahaha j'ai envoyé les questions par email, mais si tu veux ma amie a pris des tres beaux photos pendant le concert: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamareen/sets/72157627958961590/ voilà, can we stop speaking french now? my brain can handle only two languages at a time lol!

Quote :
Great job plugga, you should be gaslight personal go to for interviews

I wish hahaha that would be awesome.

Quote :
also, maybe im missing something obvious here, but why were you interviewing him?

because I write for that website and I was going to see the revival tour anyways, just the regular promo stuff every singer does when he tours!

Quote :
How did you manage to swing that?

oh uhm well my friend (the one who runs the website) interviewed alex r last year so she knows the italian guy (I wish I knew the right word for this.. help me out?) who is responsible for this stuff, she knows I'm a big fan and she trusted me with this!

I mean, it's really difficult not to get an interview unless you're asking paul mccartney or that kind of musicians, Brian was also kind enough to answer immediately basically a few days before the london concert.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 am

plugga wrote:
you adorable people!! thank you I am blushing!

Quote :

hahaha j'ai envoyé les questions par email, mais si tu veux ma amie a pris des tres beaux photos pendant le concert: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamareen/sets/72157627958961590/ voilà, can we stop speaking french now? my brain can handle only two languages at a time lol!

Wink Nice pix! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:50 am

plugga wrote:
I mean, it's really difficult not to get an interview unless you're asking paul mccartney or that kind of musicians, Brian was also kind enough to answer immediately basically a few days before the london concert.

in that case Brian must now be that kind of musician, as I tried to get an in person interview with him for Dimestore Saints (during Revival), using my top level contact, but no luck Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

steady now steady now wrote:
plugga wrote:

in that case Brian must now be that kind of musician, as I tried to get an in person interview with him for Dimestore Saints (during Revival), using my top level contact, but no luck Crying or Very sad

aww I don't know who you talked to but keep in mind they told me they had lots of press for the revival tour so of course they had priorities! you should have asked to send him a few questions via email!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:42 am

plugga wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
plugga wrote:

aww I don't know who you talked to but keep in mind they told me they had lots of press for the revival tour so of course they had priorities! you should have asked to send him a few questions via email!

of course, I spent longer talking to Brian outside the venue one on one than the formal one on one interview would have taken drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: plugga's interview with Brian   plugga's interview with Brian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

plugga's interview with Brian
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next