DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

September 29th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CABBAGEDoVD!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CABBAGEDoVD!

September 29th Empty
PostSubject: September 29th   September 29th Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 pm

Last night was nothing short of amazing. ha
The set list... well it looked like this:
September 29th PICT0012-1

there were some edits though...

The Great Expectations
Wooderson
We Came to Dance
Angry Johnny and the Radio
Old White Lincoln

Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? (i think they threw it in here)
The '59 Sound
Meet by the River's Edge
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Senor and the Queen
Miles Davis and the Cool
Once Upon a Time
I Could'a Been a Contender
The Backseat

Encore:
Here's Looking at You, Kid
High Lonesome
The Navesink Banks

There were literally no more than 40 people there, if that.
The story goes the lead singer of one of the local opening band Harbour yelled "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis" and Brian just went "I don't know man, I don't know. He's probably out dancing with some pretty lady or walking in memphis" which Brian followed by singing Walking in Memphis (amazing) then they played a couple more songs and Brian said "this wasn't on the list but its visitor courtesy" and started playing wherefore...
While O pioneers were on they shared some words about The Polar Bear Club and when Polar Bear Club got on they shared some words about O pioneers and when TGA got on they said some things to including explaing band talk to us which there example was "Hey Polar Bear Club we're going on tour in Europe in Feb. you guys should come" meaning something like "We hate your f'n guts" and "Hey you'll get paid and everything" meaning something like "We're gonna go have fun and you stay here" But TGA said they really like Polar Bear's music and while Polar Bear was playing benny was in the crowd air-drumming the whole time. Then when it came time for the encore i yelled navesink brian looked at me and replied with just a "no." then he just looked at me again then looked at my camera and said "youtube?" i just shrugged my shoulders then he played the opening riffs to navesink then switched into here's look and played that and lonesome then gave me the raised eyebrows look for like a minute then started playing navesink.
it was amazing.
so i got the set list and i snagged a poster off the wall.
i also picked up a senor and the queen and the sos demos (the last one they had actually)
overall the night was well well well well worth the close to 40 bucks i spent
Back to top Go down

September 29th
Page 1 of 1