DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records

Go down 
+43
J.B.R.
colmillionaire
Gaslight23
Prisoner
gaslightfan89
Phil Rockabill
Grant Michael
madsmom
LuceroDiehard
riversedge
brucesboots
mingus
J_Schooly
Shrewsbury_Stars
kupe
JJW319
spgilbert
bt211
ksupilot
Harbortown
enola
B701
Down by the Mersey
plugga
Daire
I am Incinerator
IKeeptheDiner
Pel.71
marcsnitz
CluckyB
steady now steady now
StopAndSlideToTheRight
MxBx!
Debonair
luckysparks
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
Jerseyrain
simo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Bea
Holland
Christophe
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 am

Don't think this has been posted just found this online.

http://www.crazedhits.com/gaslight-anthem-sign-to-mercury/
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 am

hmmmm interesting
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:39 am

scratch
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:47 am

Were there any signs of this coming? I don't remember hearing any hints of this in the past... scratch
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 am

Are we sure this is true? Every article about this just links to that one site.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:43 am

simo wrote:
Are we sure this is true? Every article about this just links to that one site.

That's all I could find too.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:31 am

I always thought they were pleased with Side One Dummy. This Mercury thing may not be true although it would make sense. they really seem like theyre going all out for the next album and maybe they plan on making it big this time with a big label. Brian wants to write 40 songs of which about 12 will make it which is more than theyve ever done before so maybe theyre looking for a massive album here to really break onto the mainstream. Im not sure thats a good thing for us as fans but its better for them I guess. Side one dummy let them do what they want though. A big label will have them under pressure. From things Ive heard Brian say, he doesn't like that... Who knows
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 am

I wouldn't be surprised if this just simply isn't true...
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 am

I think this is going to be true, Brian seemed so sure that Ted Hutt was not going to produce the next album it seems like maybe they want a change for this next one maybe.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:54 am

There is no mention of TGA on Mercury's website, although maybe it just hasn't been updated yet if this is true. We'll see what happens. Honestly, as long as they continue to make great music, it doesn't matter to me what label they are with.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 am

Hmmm...
It does seem sorta fishy... but I wouldn't be surprised either way honestly.

I swear I listened to, or read a recent interview where Brian was talking about how they weren't sure if they would stay with SideOne or not. I could have heard/read wrong though!

It will be interesting to see what truth gets sorted from this, one way or another.
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 pm

I think they've said in a couple of interviews that they were happy to be on Side One, but that they'd keep reevalutating as time went on. So in that way I could believe this, but the actual article has so little information that it might be rubbish. Hmm. Guess we'll have to wait and see! Thanks for finding it!
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Erm, actually I'm leaning towards true. Just checked out other signings they'd posted about and they were accurate (or at least, the random ones that I checked were).
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm

JukeboxJuliet wrote:
Hmmm...
It does seem sorta fishy... but I wouldn't be surprised either way honestly.

I swear I listened to, or read a recent interview where Brian was talking about how they weren't sure if they would stay with SideOne or not. I could have heard/read wrong though!

It will be interesting to see what truth gets sorted from this, one way or another.

Yeah I remember seeing this interview somewhere as well. I think it makes sense for Gaslight to move to a bigger label to further their careers but I don't think Brian's ties with SideOne will be cut due to The Horrible Crowes. I know that if they have changed labels it won't be a decision they've made lightly and I believe that a fresh record label and producer could really push the band to even greater things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Gaslight will always be gaslight to me, no matter what label their on.

Even if this label changes their sound or makes them sound awful(which I highly doubt) i could be content with the three current albums/ songs plus the horrible crowes

My guess its all about money, which don't call them sell outs or what ever, because in the end it is a job, and you have to make the most money you can. I'll be happy for them if they make the big bucks/ get alot of fans. But I'll also remember how they were, a more personal connection maybe? before the sky rocketed
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm

OMG SELLOUTZ!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:24 pm

MxBx! wrote:
OMG SELLOUTZ!

Blasphemy! Shocked Wink I hope you're joking or being sarcastic, because I don't think Brian and the guys could ever be sell outs. Like Debonair said, this is their job, and they have to make the money where they can. I believe that no matter what label they're with, TGA's music will still be great because it all comes from such a personal, honest place.
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Didn't realise Circle Jerks had been on Mercury, that's probably the closest sounding band on the label though. Pretty exciting news if this is true though, although probably would be better to announce this AFTER they had solid evidence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

If they're happy and the music stays amazing, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm

luckysparks wrote:
If they're happy and the music stays amazing, I'm happy.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:07 pm

No matter what happens, I hope they make as much as they can.

To quote Brian himself "The street cred from my band doesn't really pay the bills"
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Though I know nothing about this, I would not be surpised by this, as it seems like the right moment to make such a move. At their age and with their experience, no-one is going to mould the Gaslight Anthem into something they don't want to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:10 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Though I know nothing about this, I would not be surpised by this, as it seems like the right moment to make such a move. At their age and with their experience, no-one is going to mould the Gaslight Anthem into something they don't want to be.

Youre right. They are their own band and they will continue to right music the way they always have. I wish them success in making more money and things but in a selfish way them becoming a bigger band with thousands more fans will take part of the personal connection with them away.

Its cool to be able to see them after shows, have them recognise you in the front row etc but as the venues and fan base gets bigger opportunities like that will dwindle.

I can see this being true, but we'll wait and see before we get too ahead of ourselves as I admitedly may have done above
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Holy moly, I just realised how big mercury really is. Just think about how hipster we'll feel if they make it big!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Yeah. Brian has never been like "We'll never sign with a major label". He's just been like "We want full control over what we wind up doing". If this is true, I have to image it isn't going to change much for Gaslight - just help them get better promoted and maybe get a few of their songs on the radio.

As much as I hate to say it because I like a lot of the bands on S1D -- they have honestly gotten Gaslight as far as they can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records   The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem have signed with Mercury Records
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next