DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?

Go down 
+4
Jukebox Romeo
ShieldYourEyes
stephendgaf
hostutca
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:55 pm

ShieldYourEyes wrote:
The crowd was really diverse. A mom brought her daugther and she noticed Charles Bronson on the drum head, another older guy was there who REALLY dug Tom Petty, and I saw another dad who brought his son, who was wearing a Bad Religion hoodie and an Against Me! shirt.
that's rad! glad you guys had a good time!
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:17 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
Nice review sir. You're right about the second band. I was wearing a plaid shirt too, crazy. lol

Thanks dude, plaid shirts are where it's at haha. The second band totally acted like rockstars, no thanks haha. Pictures and Videos coming today
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Sorry but I got to say it, how cute was Brian, I mean really. lol
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:41 pm

surprised to see him wearing a polo. doesn't seem like that's his style
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:22 am

Here is the link to the videos. They aren't that great because my girlfriend shot them on the wrong setting on her camera, so they're kind of grainy and the sound isn't the best...but who cares, right?

www.youtube.com/ThreeSummersStrong
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:22 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
surprised to see him wearing a polo. doesn't seem like that's his style

Yeah, the polo and his slicked back hair made him look very James Dean.
Back to top Go down
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:41 am

Man, its been too long since I have been round these parts. Couple things to add to the review.

Alex accidentally plugged his amp into the wrong input so the first couple songs his amp was really quiet. He started laughing when he realized it. I was standing a few feet from it so I was still able to hear it though!

Brian told a story to explain why he does not play Springsteen covers anymore. He said that Bruce keeps coming over to his house to borrow things like "a toothbrush and lysol" and he also noted that the boss keeps trying to grab his mom's butt. Hilarious stuff...

alone at 3am was a reincarnation of lucero for the most part, the dopamines were no shows i guess, and Lost Hands Found Fingers went totally metal.

The show was amazing... GREAT atmoshpere when TGA was on stage. No covers other than the Stand by Me intro and no Navesink banks or Divorce but overall a great set list.

THEY announced that they were going to headline another tour and be around in March! I spoke with benny after the show for a while and they do not know who will be opening.

The band was very tight and Brian's vocals were spot on!

They reminded me again why they were the first band to ever be claimed as my favorite band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:18 am

Honestly, after watching the vids from this show (specifically this one, High Lonesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svxhSIH_Kk&feature=related&fmt=18), I greatly prefer the live versions to the album versions, vocals-wise. With the echo-y reverb thing, a lot of the raw emotion was lost from Brian's voice, and I would have preferred the album to not have the vocal effects. It wouldn't have been such a jump from SoS either
Back to top Go down
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:40 am

The Mad Hatter show was amazing, totally worth all the travel and dealing with the cold. I even convinced my friend to come with me and she loved it, we ended up in the front standing between Alex R. and Brian so when the crowd went nuts we had to keep ourselves from falling on the stage or knocking over speakers. I only managed to take a few pictures since I was having way too much fun singing along and enjoying the show.

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3139

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3133

</A>MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3134

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3136

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3135

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3138

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 CIMG3145
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 am

I'm confused by that setlist...what's "Boom"?
Back to top Go down
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:36 am

stephendgaf wrote:
I'm confused by that setlist...what's "Boom"?

Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:43 am

Oh yeah. Now I feel like an idiot for sure. I seriously looked at it and thought forever and looked at the others and named the full song title and I was like what the fuck is boom lol
Back to top Go down
landan101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 am

just found this topic
loved that show
sheild your eyes i think me and my friend met you
we were the two kids sitting on the railing in the back when the opening bands were up
also brian gave me his pick right after the show, i think it might have some magic in it haha
oh and hostutca, when they played 1930 towards the end i was one of those kids up there wingin along into the mic and i actually saw some guy stage dive and i guess it had to be you, i just thought to myself. "yeah, this a great fucking show" haha
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:43 pm

landan101 wrote:
just found this topic
loved that show
sheild your eyes i think me and my friend met you
we were the two kids sitting on the railing in the back when the opening bands were up
also brian gave me his pick right after the show, i think it might have some magic in it haha
oh and hostutca, when they played 1930 towards the end i was one of those kids up there wingin along into the mic and i actually saw some guy stage dive and i guess it had to be you, i just thought to myself. "yeah, this a great fucking show" haha

Hmm, I'm trying to recall. What were you wearing? I ask because I remember odd details about people when I meet them or when I go places. It's a weird and somewhat creepy habit, but I can't help it. My girlfriend and I were sitting on that upper tier on the side of the venue near the bathrooms but towards the front beside a mom and her daughther.

I think the guy stage diving you're referring to was me. I'm pretty sure I was the only one to do that that night.
Back to top Go down
landan101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 pm

ha, i was wearing a white and green baseball t shirt, doesnt matter though, we were all at that show and it was amazing
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 pm

oh hell yes it was. one of the best shows, if not the best show i've been to.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 pm

landan101 wrote:
ha, i was wearing a white and green baseball t shirt, doesnt matter though, we were all at that show and it was amazing
This is true. There was a handful of dudes from chicago there and I was pretty surprised, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2