DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?

Go down 
+4
Jukebox Romeo
ShieldYourEyes
stephendgaf
hostutca
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:18 pm

I heard from a birdy that they are rescheduling the show for sometime in November! They are not reimbursing for advance tickets because of this very possiblity! We might not have to wait until spring of 09 like they originally thought!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:38 pm

November 24 to be exact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:06 pm

I know man, just saw the bulletin I am stoked. Thought we'd have to wait forever.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:10 pm

Who here on the board plans to go? My girlfriend and I are going to drive 3 and a half hours to see this, just as long as she can arrange it on her end with her classes and what not. I'll be on Thanksgiving break 4 days before she is, haha. I love the Mad Hatter, it's a great venue and perfect for any show.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Dude, I'm so there, you don't even know how there I am.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
Dude, I'm so there, you don't even know how there I am.

Well, today the misses and I confirmed that we will be making the trek to Covington for the show! I/We are SO stoked for this. I hope because it's a make up show that they will play their entire discography. I would freak out. I'll probably plan my attire for the night a month in advance so you can know what I look like and come say hey. hahaha
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:41 pm

What kind of set do you think they will play at this show? Personally, I think because it's a make up show they will play a lot of songs. Out of both albums and the EP they have about 28 songs or so. If you ask me, that sounds like a good length for a headlining set list.

Is it too much to ask that they play everything from all 3 albums?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:37 pm

yeah. ur not gonna get "red in the morning". they never play that song
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:42 pm

I would like to see the whole disography played, that'd be fun but i'm doubting it. A lot of songs though, I'm sure. There is only 2 openers this time instead of 4 so a lot more songs played then had in mind I hope or a shorter show? lol IDK. butttt I talked to them on myspace a lot after it got cancelled and they said the make up would be special so who knows what they'll do.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 pm

cover(s)/new song(s)?
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:52 pm

That would be nice. I'm hoping for some Petty covers.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Yeah, I agree with that one. But, I suppose that's not so much of a loss as that song, though I don't hate it, is at the bottom of my TGA favorite's list.

Definitely would like to hear American Girl by Tom Petty, I'm On Fire by the Boss and RBBS Once Upon a Time.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Okay, so I was thinking and this would be my ideal set list for this show in order from opener to closer and encore...

-Senor and the Queen
-Great Expectations
-Boomboxes and Dictionaries
-I Could'a Been a Contender
-Wooderson
-The '59 Sound
-Miles Davis and the Cool
-Old White Lincoln
-Casanova, Baby!
-American Girl
-Drive
-Stand By Me/I'da Called You Woody Joe
-Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
-High Lonesome
-Film Noir
-Angry Johnny and the Radio
-I'm On Fire
-The Patient Ferris Wheel
-Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
-Here's Lookin' At You Kid
-We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
Encores
-Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
-The Backseat
-Say I Won't (Recogize)

Obviously, I have too much time on my hands. But, it's Saturday and I don't feel like doing the little schoolwork I have to do.

Anyone care to share their ideal set lists? haha
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Ideal setlist would be:

Sink or Swim
then
Senor and the Queen
then
59 Sound.

haha.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:12 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
Ideal setlist would be:

Sink or Swim
then
Senor and the Queen
then
59 Sound.

haha.

Touche. +1, my friend.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:55 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
I consider myself lucky to have seen this. Have yet to see "red at night" and "even cowgirls...", those are the only 2 i've never seen live though. Imma be sooo jealous if they play "red at night" at the make-up show! hope all of you who go have a great time!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Its sooo soon, I'm stoked. Can anyone tell me a usual merch price at their shows so I can come up with enough to buy some shit. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 pm

$12 for shirts, $12 for lp's, stickers and buttons are like a dollar each (though they probably sell a pack of a couple of stickers and pins for like $3 or $4), and probably $5 for the sos demo and $6 for senor and the queen. Hope that helps haha
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:25 pm

It's soo close, I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:40 pm

My girlfriend and I are leaving at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon and we'll be there at about 6 or 6:30. I am SO excited for this!!!!!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Have fun at the show!
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:08 pm

e6c wrote:
Have fun at the show!

Thanks, dude! I'm sure we all wish you could be there too!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:08 am

This show was awesome.
The end.

Brian called me strange lol
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:54 pm

The show was indeed amazing! My girlfriend took some really good pictures and 2 or 3 videos with her camera and as soon as she gets those pictures cropped/resized i'll post them in here and the videos will be up on my YouTube account later tonight or tomorrow.

That being said, I'll be the first to give a detailed report of the show!

My girlfriend and I got there right at 7:30 after a 3 and a half hour drive from West Virginia. It was a dark and wet drive to say the least. Anyway, we get there and we see that the doors were at 7:30 instead of the show starting at that time. We get in and find a place to sit. The first band, Alone at 3 AM, went on and they were pretty good, Brian said he really liked them and wanted to trade CD's, haha. In my opinion they sounded just like Lucero. Very rock'n'roll, country, punk influenced music. I dug it. The second band...doesn't even deserve mentioning. Maybe I'm being a jerk by saying that, but they were boring, the singer/guitarist was "totally wasted" and their music was redundant and predictable at best. Finally, around 10 o'clock, The Gaslight Anthem take the stage. It was much anticipated and you could feel it in the crowd. Their setlist, as best I can remember was: Great Expectations, the Patient Ferris Wheel, Old White Lincoln, Wooderson, the '59 Sound, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Stand By Me/I'dda Called You Woody, Joe, Angry Johnny and the Radio, Senor and the Queen, Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts, Boomboxes and Dictionaries, Meet Me By the Rivers Edge, Miles Davis and the Cool, High Lonesome, and 1930. I think I'm missing a couple but that is pretty much the setlist. It was great. They closed their encore with 1930 and during outro of the song kids got on stage and sang with the band and me, being the punk guy that I am, said "fuck it" and stage dove. I had to. So, if anyone was in the front row and had a big dude with a plaid shirt on land ontop your head, i'm sorry, that's just how the game goes, haha.

I picked up SoS on vinyl and now as soon as my old white lincoln import arrives, my collection will be complete. YES! haha.

The crowd was really diverse. A mom brought her daugther and she noticed Charles Bronson on the drum head, another older guy was there who REALLY dug Tom Petty, and I saw another dad who brought his son, who was wearing a Bad Religion hoodie and an Against Me! shirt. I was REALLY happy to see that.

All in all, a great show. Can't wait 'til next time.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Nice review sir. You're right about the second band. I was wearing a plaid shirt too, crazy. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?   MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAD HATTER SHOW IN NOVEMBER!?!?!?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next