DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon Empty
PostSubject: The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon   The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 am

Thomas Nassiff, Avenue Columnist | 0 comments

In 1974, Rolling Stone magazine's Jon Landau reviewed an up-and-coming musician's gig for Boston's the Real Paper. The emerging songster was Bruce Springsteen of who Landau penned, "I saw rock 'n' roll's future, and its name is Bruce Springsteen."

Landau's quote packs weight, and more than 35 years later, it's time to dust it off.

Brian Fallon is best known as the front man of modern rock ‘n' roll pioneers, The Gaslight Anthem. His latest project, an endeavor with friend and guitarist Ian Perkins, goes by the name of The Horrible Crowes. Dubbed by Fallon as his "nighttime music" project, The Horrible Crowes' debut full-length, "Elsie," is a stark contrast to Gaslight's revved-up style.

http://www.alligator.org/the_avenue/music/article_800d6fe0-cebc-11e0-9fdf-001cc4c03286.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon   The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm

this is just like the absolutepunk review. i smell plagiarism!
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon   The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 pm

oops...didn't realize they were the same author haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon   The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bright future of rock 'n' roll is Brian Fallon
Page 1 of 1