DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon

Go down 
+2
Holland
steph
6 posters
AuthorMessage

How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Empty
PostSubject: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:29 am

So, I bought this coffee table book called How To Pack Like a Rock Star by a guy named Shaun Huberts. Shaun is a touring musician who spends most of his time touring with Tegan and Sara. And since I'm a huge TnS fan, I decided to pick up a copy of his book! It has little paragraphs and pictures all throughout it from a whole slew of random musicians, and I was surprised to see that Brian was in it as well! There aren't very many copies of the book left according to Shaun, so I figured I'd just post Brian's entries here for everone to read! Enjoy!

Caption for a picture of a super organized suitcase: "That is the neatest pack I have ever laid my sore eyes on!"

Comments on using Tetris as a system for packing a suitcase, or all the music gear into a van/trailer: "Now TETRIS I love, see I threaten our whole crew that one day I'm gonna quit music to load trailers full time, because of my uncanny desire for making shapes fit together."

How soon do you start packing before a tour: "Most of the time, I pack the day before. It's a ritual with me, it lets me know I'm leaving and it slowly gets me into the tour mode. I get very weird the day before a tour, I feel like I'm doing it for the first time every time. Just don't forget the passport."

Packing checklist: "I made checklists early on in my touring days, then I just realized that it's more fun to forget a shaver and grow a ridiculous beard on an eight week tour."

Deciding what to pack: "My own traveling circus box is a dull blend of black and white, sometimes blue if I can seem to find my dickies in blue. The blue ones always run away somewhere, I've lost two pairs in the last month. It's very odd."

This one is a caption for a picture he has of his suitcase, I'll upload it sometime later! "Now note this, and Ladies, I'm talking to you, do you see that fine tightly sewn V Neck second from the bottom on the left, that's called a "Ladykiller" where I come from. Only the smoothest of the uptown Casanovas have discovered this type of outerwear. Watch out for any suitcase with suck a suave relic found inside. I discovered the V Neck in a chance run in with a young French man, he called from the side of the street somewhere south of the Lower WestCorridor of the central Parisian District of Baltimore, he showed me a package with a French name on it, Hannes, I think it said. Anyhow, the box glowed a fiery red like the desire of a teenager on a Friday night in August, and music started playing. He asked me if I knew what this was, I said I didn't, he just started quoting Prince lyrics and I knew exactly what was up. Needless to say, I sought out this French Hannes Company, and I bought thousands of white V Neck undershirts. I've never been the same since, I feel like my life was completed somewhere in the cotton stitching of a neckline. Maybe that's just what we're all looking for, a neat pack and V Neck."

Doing laundry on tour: "I do laundry in venues mostly or I con one of my friends from a city to let me in their house and use their washer and dryer. I don't trust the Laundromat, there's all types of undesirables at a Spin and Save at truck stops during peak hours."

So that's it! Hope some of you enjoy this! The book also has quotes and pictures from a lot of different artists like Chris Walla from Death Cab, Hunter Burgan from AFI, Tom Gable from Against Me!, TnS, Paramore (ick), Dallas Green and a whole bunch more.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:42 am

har har. that's more interesting than a lot of interviews! haha.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 am

Thats cool i might try and get a copy!!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 am

Hannes LOL nice.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am

That was great! Very Happy Thanks for taking the time to post this, Sarah!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:09 pm

aw omg what does tom gabel say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 pm

No worries, guys!
Plugga, here's Tom Gabel's quotes!

S.H.: "Finish the sentence... Tetris has taught me the invaluable life lesson of___"
T.G.: "How to pack a trailer. Although I am not as good at Tetris as other people I know!"

About packing T-shirts: " I'll usually pack three pairs of jeans and maybe 10-15 t-shirts for any given tour, but I'll usually only end up wearing about three of those t-shirts in rotation throughout the tour."

Showering on tour: "There is never a "pinch". Sometimes you just don't shower. Sometimes not for days on end."

Locks on a suitcase: "They actually do make combination locks that are TSA approved, there's a hole for a master key that TSA employees have that will unlock them. You just have to look on the lock to make sure it's the right kind. That all being said I never lock my bags and anything that I can't live without I put in my carry-on luggage."

Losing luggage: "You're probably jinxing me here but I've only had my bags lost once, for about 24 hours, I wasn't on tour though just traveling."

That's it from him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Holland wrote:
Thats cool i might try and get a copy!!
http://rococode.com/store/products/how-to-pack-like-a-rockstar/
Wink
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks , but there is a hefty postage cost there!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:49 pm

I thought we already had a thread for the pack like a rock star. - very interesting either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Holland wrote:

Oh damn. Sorry about that!

Debonair wrote:
I thought we already had a thread for the pack like a rock star. - very interesting either way.

Don't think so. I mean, the book literally JUST came out.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:51 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Holland wrote:

Oh damn. Sorry about that!

Debonair wrote:

Don't think so. I mean, the book literally JUST came out.

Yeah but i remember the books promo being talked about, - it really doesn't matter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon   How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Pack Like a Rock Star featuring Brian Fallon
Page 1 of 1