DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion

Go down 
+30
chickenman
Phil Rockabill
40 Miler
bt211
19thirty
Debonair
Qnoflowerchelsea
MikeSig
prettyontheinsidex
jabboy15
Sally
colmillionaire
AudreyHepburnPearls
FrimFramable
NeverTrustAJunkie
big blue
alexa
Trafford1980
Mechamunky
TGAFAN25
MKULTRA
El Jefe
J.B.R.
mingus
IKeeptheDiner
LuceroDiehard
acousticbandit
madsmom
steady now steady now
Shrewsbury_Stars
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mechamunky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mechamunky

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Can anybody recommend a nice/cheap place to stay in NYC that's relatively close to Bowery?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Mechamunky wrote:
Can anybody recommend a nice/cheap place to stay in NYC that's relatively close to Bowery?

I usually stay at the Hotel 17 when I got to shows at the Bowery Ballroom or Bowery Electric. The single rooms with shared bathrooms are the cheapest and the bathrooms get cleaned constantly. It's very basic and the mattresses are not the best but a perfect place for one night without the steep NYC prices. It's probably a half-hour plus walk but I have even done it after shows without any problems. There is a subway close by as well. Nice neighborhood around Union Square.

http://www.hotel17ny.com/
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 pm

lady friend acquired.
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 am

Youtube videos should be fun on friday.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 am

How does bring something to be autographed work? Sorry-my first Brian fallon concert- they wont let you bring stuff inside will they? Also how do you find him afterwards, usually?
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:48 am

Staylucky43 wrote:
Youtube videos should be fun on friday.

Yes! I'm really curious about this show.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:24 am

So today's the day!!!

Could someone please give me advice on how to find them to meet and get stuff signed, I'm sure they stick around before or after for stuff like that, but never been to this venue, or Brian fallon show in general, so i would really appreciate any help or advice

Also me and rkirkpatrick25 are planning to meet up to hang before the show

Check it out here https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3473-dimestore-saints-meet-up-pre-bowery-show

Nothing fancy just some real tga and fallon fans starting the night off the right way, we would love to get as many forum people to show,( maybe take a cool pic of all of us together?) If you want in just post there and I'll let you know how were going to do it
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 am

Taken from the Horrible Crowes website:
The Horrible Crwoes wrote:
Thank you very much to everyone who bought tickets to our New York and LA shows! We’re going to be playing the whole record at these shows and we’re working on some very interesting covers to play for you too. Expect lamps and dim lights. Wear something pretty, and boys, don’t forget to shave…
See you all there!
The Horrible Crowes

Does this rules apply to the musicians as well? I think I remember reading that Alex R is playing keyboards for THC... Wink
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

i really hope y'all are dressing up...

I'm gonna be wearing a black shirt, white bow-tie and khakis... Feel free to come say hi if you see me at the bar or at the show... 22 years old, blond kid about 5'9
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:43 am

finding cherry blossoms......THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 7e526d6c1626a01797077403d9bb70b9
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Hey guys.. I'm new here.. I usually just read the forums, but I decided I'm gonna post a little bit now too.

Somehow, my girlfriend got a ticket to this show last night.. Through ticketmaster, so I grabbed one off Stubhub for $38 (not bad considering the stories I'ver heard of people buying them for $200+)... So now we're going to be there, and I couldn't be more excited. I really love this CD and can't wait to hear it live! I can't wait to get that poster too.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:41 pm

FYI, I just spoke with the box office and the Horrible Crowes are hitting the stage @ 10:00 p.m.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Quote :
FYI, I just spoke with the box office and the Horrible Crowes are hitting the stage @ 10:00 p.m.

8-10, opening bands? wow thats a pretty long time,
maybe along with that other guy(dont remember his name) opening up, gaslight will make an appearance Very Happy - ah if only, if only.....
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Debonair wrote:
Quote :

8-10, opening bands? wow thats a pretty long time,
maybe along with that other guy(dont remember his name) opening up, gaslight will make an appearance Very Happy - ah if only, if only.....

Doors are @ 8:00 but the opener doesn't go on until 9:00 so it's really not that long of a wait between the opener and the Crowes.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Quote :
Doors are @ 8:00 but the opener doesn't go on until 9:00 so it's really not that long of a wait between the opener and the Crowes.

ah well, another night for gaslight then, this ones for Brian and Ian

Also for people interested me and couple other people from this forum are meeting up before the show (around 6). Ill be on here till around 3:30, to grab numbers to help locate anyone who wants to meet up...other wise find you way there it would be cool to meet some of you

Check here for details https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3473-dimestore-saints-meet-up-pre-bowery-show
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:21 pm

this will be the strangest demographic fashion-wise tonight. I'm excited to see it.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 pm

so jealous of all of you! this is the only brian fallon-related show in the NY tristate area i've missed in 3 years. if my band didn't have a show tonight i'd be there.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Any one recording the show tonight, to be made available for others on the audio rip master list page?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:18 pm

who the hell ever heard of people dressing up for a show? since when were jeans and a t-shirt not good enough? it's not like youre not going to see Frankie Valli. good luck with that tho..
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Angry Johnny wrote:
who the hell ever heard of people dressing up for a show? since when were jeans and a t-shirt not good enough? it's not like youre not going to see Frankie Valli. good luck with that tho..

Brian said to dress pretty or something like that. It's not like you're going to a punk show. I don't think jeans and a t-shirt will be out of place, but I also wouldn't be surprized if you see a few dudes in suits and a bunch of girls in dresses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - pre-show discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4