DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Empty
PostSubject: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:31 am

At many of the festivals The Gaslight Anthem have played a pro shot video is taken. Many of these are available on dimeadozen. Is it possible for these to be put onto Megaupload or Mediafire to make them easier to get hold of. Im pretty new to the Torrent downloading and uploading system and after downloading one video it won't seem to let me download anymore. Can anyone explain the whole seeding process.

I though it would be a good idea for the forum if similar to the audio rips master list we also had a pro shot videos master list. Cn this be set up and populated by those with the videos. these people Im guessing also use this site.

Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:02 am

to seed a dvd just keep the torrent in your program (eg µtorrent), it will start uploading automatically. afaik your up/download ratio has to be >=0.25 to be able to download more from dime.
imo its not such a good idea to upload all these dvds to megauplod or mediafire as uploading them takes quite a while unless somebody has a really fast upload connection. i guess the torrent way is fine, at least its for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 am

Well Ive used opera to download so far so once they are complete do I just leave them in there instead of removing and that will automatically begin uploading?
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 am

yeah, if you remove that torrent it wont start uploading so your ratio wont increase and you cant download from dime anymore. also i suggest you to use a proper torrent program like µtorrent, i think this should be more clearly than managing your torrent with opera.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:33 am

sorry to be a pain. Id already removed the finished ones so using bit torrent ive created new torrents and tried to put the ones ive downloaded up. It asks me for tracker URL. What is that and what do I put there. Also, how will dime know that Ive uploaded files? Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:41 am

you dont have to create a new torrent maybe try to download the torrent file itself from dime again and load that in your torrent tracker.
all those torrent files from dime are personalized! they can see how much you upload. just log in at the dime site and look at the top right where your username is there you can see your ratio as well.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:52 am

I know Im coming across as an idiot by now but when I load a torrent into bit torrent it just tries to download it, how do I load it as a tracker?
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:57 am

im terrible sorry but when it comes to that point i dont know it either as ive always downloaded my torrents with µtorrent and let them continue for a while to seed them Sad

maybe this helps: http://filesharefreak.com/2008/04/14/how-to-seed-private-torrents-youve-already-downloaded/
ive found that via google. you might also find other/better instructions.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks for all your help anyway
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:00 am

no problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs   pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pro-shot Gaslight Anthem videos/DVDs
Page 1 of 1