DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011

Go down 
+11
MKULTRA
steady now steady now
nebraska
BuddyHolly
enola
mingus
JJW319
loazis
chickenman
joshyboytyler
nilruf
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nilruf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi everybody!

This is the first video that has been uploaded from this Monday's show. Really hope we can see the full concert soon because it sounds amazing. In Rock Am Ring there was something wrong with the volume of Alex's guitar, but in this one it sounds perfect.

Biloxi Parish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIDEDpszNA
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm

so good!
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:05 pm

nilruf wrote:
Hi everybody!

This is the first video that has been uploaded from this Monday's show. Really hope we can see the full concert soon because it sounds amazing. In Rock Am Ring there was something wrong with the volume of Alex's guitar, but in this one it sounds perfect.

Biloxi Parish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIDEDpszNA

To my ears there musta been something wrong with the whole mix. Listen to the sound from Brians guitar when only he plays on 'Elvis', sounds like it's heard trough a crappy loudspeaker on a mini-computer, then both the sound from his mic and his guitar change when the rest of the band kicks in.
Back to top Go down
nilruf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:22 pm

chickenman wrote:

To my ears there musta been something wrong with the whole mix. Listen to the sound from Brians guitar when only he plays on 'Elvis', sounds like it's heard trough a crappy loudspeaker on a mini-computer, then both the sound from his mic and his guitar change when the rest of the band kicks in.

yes, I agree. It's more like that. The mix is quite messed up in a lot of songs, but as I like to focus sometimes on Alex's guitar, the songs felt incomplete and almost different (Orphans is hard to recognise when it starts).

But in this one from Pinkpop it's like the mixer was doing the job quite well, at first when there's no footage of the concert I've thought "Wow, this is a studio recording?" So let's hope our dutch friends find a way to let us watch the whole thing!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Why the fuck did I decide not to get tickets for this.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 pm

nilruf wrote:
chickenman wrote:

yes, I agree. It's more like that. The mix is quite messed up in a lot of songs, but as I like to focus sometimes on Alex's guitar, the songs felt incomplete and almost different (Orphans is hard to recognise when it starts).

But in this one from Pinkpop it's like the mixer was doing the job quite well, at first when there's no footage of the concert I've thought "Wow, this is a studio recording?" So let's hope our dutch friends find a way to let us watch the whole thing!

Funny you should say that, I couldn't recognize Orphans untill Brian started signing.

Btw. That setlistpage has two unknown songs listed at the start of the show. I bet one of them is Orphans, and the other could well be American Slang I guess.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:01 pm

They just showed about 30 seconds of American Slang during the highlight compilation of Pinkpop on Dutch television.

Brian had his regular huge grin on his face whilst singing. It never fails to make me smile.
Back to top Go down
nilruf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 pm

loazis wrote:
They just showed about 30 seconds of American Slang during the highlight compilation of Pinkpop on Dutch television.

Brian had his regular huge grin on his face whilst singing. It never fails to make me smile.

Yeaah, that means he is in top form!

And yes, the second one is American Slang. Really looking forward to the whole video...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2011/pinkpop-festival-landgraaf-netherlands-3bd31cdc.html
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 am

That vid of Biloxi is hands down the best live vid Ive have ever seen...that was amazing
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:30 am

Damn, hope someone recorded the whole show. Biloxi Parish sounds SO awesome!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:09 am

Interview with Brian & Alex .. well mostly Brian Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeYJnKmx2w&sns=fb

and with "spokesman" Benny Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-0VhDIia10&sns=fb
Funny comparison of the audiences in US, UK and Europe. So I'm apparently "a little less active and more attentive" and not crazy or nuts. You might wanna rethink that crazy part, Benny Very Happy

Both with questions about the new album.

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 am

http://pinkpop.vpro.nl/2011/video.html

You can check out the video of most of the show (43 minutes) there...

I was there yesterday, it was an awesome show!

Last edited by BuddyHolly on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Another interview (Alex L)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0hUTvUzCXU
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Omfg, sick show. Wooderson, Elvis, Patient Ferris Wheel, Biloxi Parish (fucking amazing performance at that), Blue Jeans, Backseat, awesome banter, Alex facing the audience ;D

If I ever decide to not get tickets for a Gaslight show in Holland again I want you guys all to hunt me down and beat the crap outta me. Deal? Deal.

edit: Holy fuck, Orphans too. Now I'm just sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:37 pm

loazis wrote:

If I ever decide to not get tickets for a Gaslight show in Holland again I want you guys all to hunt me down and beat the crap outta me. Deal? Deal.

Well, as much as I love to travel, I find it a waste of time, energy and money to travel down to Holland only to slap someone around a bit, I might even get in trouble for it you know. But hey! If you come up here, sure thing.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 pm

chickenman wrote:
loazis wrote:

Well, as much as I love to travel, I find it a waste of time, energy and money to travel down to Holland only to slap someone around a bit, I might even get in trouble for it you know. But hey! If you come up here, sure thing.... Laughing

*LOL*
I just had to do this Smile
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm

wooooooooow!! I love the way they play wooderson!!! awesomeeeeee
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm

BuddyHolly wrote:
http://pinkpop.vpro.nl/2011/video.html

You can check out the video of most of the show (43 minutes) there...

I was there yesterday, it was an awesome show!

this looks and sounds great

best bit though is Brian talking about 'the man brain' Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

the segue from Elvis to Wooderson is pretty awesome. i also like the slightly changed outro vocals on Wooderson
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I was there as well yesterday... Just one word: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I talked with them before the show at a meet and greet session and they recognized me from the Tilburg show (I was the looney fooling around on stage with a harp). It was nice talking to them all, but hey... They play music and that's where I eventually came for. And they had a blast! Oh man, such a lovely show! During the gig Benny and Alex L. smiled at me and Brian even pointed at me with this giant smile on his face. They were in great shape and I hope you all are going to see the very same thing from these guys: Old school Rock 'n roll Baby!

P.s.: Everybody was looking quite strange at me while I was singing Biloxi Parish along (fully)! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

the stream of it is great. 59 sound during the bridge is pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
nilruf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Wow, lucky man!

It seems they're delivering great shows (as always btw), and I'm really expecting that in three weeks I can finally see them live, cause they're going to play in Barcelona, I think for the first time, so the folks here want to make them have a good time so thay can come more often. And they're gonna be headlining in a very nice vintage club, so the scenario is bound to be good.

And btw, those 43 minutes are awesome. Perfect sound, Brian's voice better than ever, Alex R with his mad skills all over the songs, Benny and Alex L as tight as always... Let's see if a version with Orphans and American Slang surfaces.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:10 am

theBasemen wrote:
I was there as well yesterday... Just one word: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I talked with them before the show at a meet and greet session and they recognized me from the Tilburg show (I was the looney fooling around on stage with a harp). It was nice talking to them all, but hey... They play music and that's where I eventually came for. And they had a blast! Oh man, such a lovely show! During the gig Benny and Alex L. smiled at me and Brian even pointed at me with this giant smile on his face. They were in great shape and I hope you all are going to see the very same thing from these guys: Old school Rock 'n roll Baby!

P.s.: Everybody was looking quite strange at me while I was singing Biloxi Parish along (fully)! Razz

Happy for you that you had such an amazing night and that you get to chat with them! From what I saw already it must have been a great set. *lol* at the Biloxi Parish sing a long Smile
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 am

is somebody able to rip this? streamtransport won't work....
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 am

I didn't think it was worth opening a new thread for, but i just had to share this. Probably the coolest picture of the band I've seen yet...

Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Gaslight_anthem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011   Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem @ Pinkpop 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next