DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]

Go down 
+2
Harbortown
LuceroDiehard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:24 am

[ADMIN: Although this forum is not connected with the band, we need to respect Brian's and SideOneDummy's wish that compilations of Gaslight Anthem material are not posted. In consequence, the link has been removed. Please don't repost the link. Thanks.

As Brian tweeted on 29 Sep. 2010: "I would appreciate that if anyone would like to compile free albums of work I've done that perhaps they would run this by me first."]

the gaslight anthem – acoustics (2011)

Download link at bottom of this post [Admin: link removed]

The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Gaslighttracklisting

there’s always that one band who records acoustic renditions of their songs, but never puts together a proper album or collection of said songs. the gaslight anthem, particularly brian fallon, has never been one to shy away from the acoustic guitar and the somber voice approach to the gaslight anthem’s four-release discography. thankfully, i was there to pick up the pieces along the way and hoard these 17 acoustic songs over the years. last night, i got a little inspired to create some solid artwork (let’s face it, that shit looks awesome) and put together a neat mixtape/comp for all you gaslight fans out there. oh and for the record, the script font on the cover is called “jersey stories!” it couldn’t be more perfect if i tried. tracklisting below the jump. share with all your friends, start a campfire, bust out the whiskey and have a grand old time.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:38 am

I love Brian, but I feel that his vocals are often kinda misplaced and insecure in acoustic sessions.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:08 am

Harbortown wrote:
I love Brian, but I feel that his vocals are often kinda misplaced and insecure in acoustic sessions.

This is exactly how I feel. I love to hear Brian play acoustic, but sometimes he just sounds timid when he does and the vocals can suffer... if he went balls to the wall with his voice like when he sings with the band then he would sound SO good.
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:11 pm

When did they play Old Haunts acoustic? Think I don't have that one yet Sad
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Templeton wrote:
When did they play Old Haunts acoustic? Think I don't have that one yet Sad

At least a couple occasions.

There's this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO-LBl5knXs

And then there's the one from JBTV with Alex R. that sticks more to the original song. The leads sound really awesome acoustically.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:36 pm

The whole JBTV acoustic session is awesome. Gotta admit I'm a bit surprised to see that beautiful acoustic rendition of She Loves You from JBTV is left out of the above mentioned, but now banned, compilation.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Sorry--I was unaware of this compilation policy.

Thank you for informing me about it and for removing the link.

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Even though the compilation is down, I'd still like to see the cover you made for it.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

I did not make the cover for it.

I found it online.

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Ah okay. I was mostly interested in the font.

Looks like you can get the font here: http://www.dafont.com/jersey-stories.font
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]   The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem-Acoustics 2011 Complilation CD [link removed]
Page 1 of 1