DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank Turner

Go down 
+142
pleasepassthesoup
AngryRyan
Anya_TGA
sinkorswimmydear
jdc
redheadchick
visible_karma
barkjon
A_Regular
Christophe
33RPMHero
IAmDisappeared
HolyBreakOfDay
eagles1139
mitchard
cruzila
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
UpLateAtNightAgain
Paula
CasanovaBaby90
Hanswurst
SevenThreeTwo
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
AineS
SubconsciousRitual
DeathoftheCool
Yozzy
DiamondSinatra
Paddy
Jables
holdsteady82
Tiffany
Álvaro
gking92
spgilbert
bobbyjames
kirstyt
njguy99
Klown
steph
_rebekka_
MKULTRA
Danieljsmith
Camus
nico0493
clezynski25
B701
Ryan!
I Came To Dance
westcountryeastcoast
Rizz
edzozo
Jerseyrain
LuceroDiehard
ifieverstray
mingus
born2run
Ghost
MxBx!
drifter69
The Boxer
Harbortown
BuddyHolly
riversedge
Templeton
enola
RockNRollOut
mercyandaminute
Kosburn59
carryon820
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
shuffle
madsmom
Rock bus
Gaslight23
Holland
Down by the Mersey
brianisbae
JJW319
Jaywalk
fullcollapse
Turn the Casanova On
hynesie
GraveRobbers
steady now steady now
brucesboots
NeverTrustAJunkie
Grant Michael
anarkistbavern
Bea
GaslightCeltic
Sinngh
Don Juan
sydney_carden
janet.
JoshRaymond
CluckyB
itszombietime
Ryan
massie1903
colmillionaire
Asleepontheforestfloor
bringiton
loazis
goldlion_
Jack
JadedGoober7
simo
Daire
Jay
Johnny99
PFREEZY
Shipyards
Scarlett
ktp
Prisoner
kieran
andy.mac
thecosmickid
thomas94
ral
noble_man
Deeper Shade of Blue
Vibes
Palmer89
vamike
Tiffiny
rhg5010
TonyRockyHorror
losethetragic
The Dude
Refused
Jukebox Romeo
faster_than_the_world@hot
Stalls_Standing
laurendelore
lhdez
isthisreal
146 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Frank Turner - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:44 am

CluckyB wrote:
barkjon wrote:
got LIS and EKMB, really like this guy naow

Still pick up Sleep Is For The Weak and Poetry of the Deed. Neither is quite as strong as those two, but they still have some of his strongest tracks (The Road, Try This At Home, The Ballad of me and my friends...)

I think Recovery, The Way I Tend To Be and Plain Sailing Weather and We Shalt Not Overcome have all quickly become top 10 Franky T songs for me.

I mean like. "Love is about all the changes you make and not just three small words". completely in love with that line

We Shall Not Overcome is immense. I'm surprised it didn't make the regular version.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 am

Camus wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
barkjon wrote:
got LIS and EKMB, really like this guy naow

Still pick up Sleep Is For The Weak and Poetry of the Deed. Neither is quite as strong as those two, but they still have some of his strongest tracks (The Road, Try This At Home, The Ballad of me and my friends...)

I think Recovery, The Way I Tend To Be and Plain Sailing Weather and We Shalt Not Overcome have all quickly become top 10 Franky T songs for me.

I mean like. "Love is about all the changes you make and not just three small words". completely in love with that line

We Shall Not Overcome is immense. I'm surprised it didn't make the regular version.

That song is definitely very Poetry of the Deed of him, very fun. I think I like Polaroid Picture, Plain Sailing Weather, and the Fisher King! To me all those songs are incredible, I think it's still a good album, it doesn't have an I Am Disappeared on it, which is one of the best songs I ever heard!
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am

did anyone record the london webstream and can provide this on mp3?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:41 am

This album is okay but when I go back and listen to England Keep My Bones, there's no comparison really. Probably every song on that is better than any song on this one.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

simo wrote:
This album is okay but when I go back and listen to England Keep My Bones, there's no comparison really. Probably every song on that is better than any song on this one.

I'm not going to debate EKMB being better, but like, that statement is pretty ridiculous. You could probably argue that you can pairwise compare the songs (Best song on England is better than the best on TDH, second best is better than second best)

but like, songs like Recovery and Plain Sailing Weather are way better than say, Rivers, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Camus wrote:

That song is definitely very Poetry of the Deed of him, very fun. I think I like Polaroid Picture, Plain Sailing Weather, and the Fisher King! To me all those songs are incredible, I think it's still a good album, it doesn't have an I Am Disappeared on it, which is one of the best songs I ever heard!

Can definitely see what you mean about that.
I Am Disappeared is probably my favourite song of his too.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Camus wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Camus wrote:

Picking a favorite Frank Turner song is too hard. But I am Disappeared is definitely in the top tier. Would probably have to say Prufrock is the best if push came to shove though. Nothing else tops the whole "Justin is the last, of the great romantic poets" bit
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Camus wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Camus wrote:

Picking a favorite Frank Turner song is too hard. But I am Disappeared is definitely in the top tier. Would probably have to say Prufrock is the best if push came to shove though. Nothing else tops the whole "Justin is the last, of the great romantic poets" bit

I'm doubting my choice now because it really is too hard to pick. Okay, it's one of my favourites of his, I'll leave it at that haha.

On a completely unrelated note, Polaroid Picture was playing in my football team's club shop today. I don't know if it was radio or what but I was pleasantly surprised.

Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:17 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Camus wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Camus wrote:

I DON'T REMEMBER DETAILS BUT THERE WERE ENGLISH BOYS WITH BANJOS

i've warmed up to the album a bit more. i still find the Good & Gone ----> Tell Tale Signs a bit of a lull when listening to the whole album, but individually they aren't bad songs and are great when you're in the right mood. i'm really liking Broken Piano, even if the falsetto doesn't always quite work for me.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 pm

WingsForWheels wrote:
i've warmed up to the album a bit more. i still find the Good & Gone ----> Tell Tale Signs a bit of a lull when listening to the whole album, but individually they aren't bad songs and are great when you're in the right mood. i'm really liking Broken Piano, even if the falsetto doesn't always quite work for me.

I actually cringed at those bits the first time I heard it but I love the rest of the song.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:35 pm

I actually like Losing Days more than the Way I Tend To Be
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

One for every year I lost! Agree 100%. That one might be my favorite.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:18 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

i think this is the kind of thing that can only be settled with a streetfight
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

i think this is the kind of thing that can only be settled with a streetfight

All I know is that Losing Days would beat the Way I Tend to Be in a streetfight Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 am

anyone know where to get this skull Born2run shirt Frank is waering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOQtGjruK84

Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:50 am

I see him tonight in Bulle, Switzerland! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
visible_karma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
visible_karma

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:42 am

His show in Cologne on monday was incredible!!
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:39 pm

That was awesome! I did'nt know he actually speaks french, I mean he's not fluent but he can say what he wants to anyway. he even translated Eulogy in French and sang it, and that was pretty good! Very good moment, in a very small place (200 people I think). Loved it!

I didn't liked a lot the new album, but after seing some of those songs live it's not the same. I've been listening to the new album all day long and it look like they're not the same songs I heard before the live. (already had that feeling for some other bands).

The setlist was great too, he sang Father's Day because a fan emailed him to ask him to play it.

Spoiler:

Putain de Bordel de Merde is a song he wrote himself in french but it's short and funny, it means something like f*cking hell.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:14 pm

I thought I share a nice story with you. While we were queuing for the Frank Turner gig at the Knust in Hamburg my friend John played some songs for us. When John was playing Mr Jones (Counting Crows Cover) Frank came out and played the harmonica and sang the backing vocals. This was an amazing experience and I'm very very happy for John!

Check it out:

Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:22 pm

So cool! What did Frank say at the end? I don't understand
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm

unbelievable great experience! congratulations bounce
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Selling this for my friend Tombo if anyones interested?

Frank Turner - Campfire Punkrock 10" (1/100) : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261221574366
Frank Turner - Page 39 $T2eC16dHJIYE9qUcO4I7BRom7nfHGw~~60_12http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261221574366
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:15 am

Frankie boy on David Letterman. Great performance! Whats next? Saturday Night Live? Very Happy Maybe not yet cause even TGA havent even played there (if that means anything). But I wouldnt be suprised if Frankie played on Jay Leno show the next time they go to California (or Conan again)

Finnish radio has finally gave some pretty good airtime to Recovery. Its on their playlist so its at least once a day and if you have two seconds you can vote him here: http://ylex.yle.fi/artisti/frank-turner/biisi/recovery. (not sure at all will it work outside of Finland, but you never know) By pushing that button which says "Himoitse" you can vote for Recovery. It means something like "Desire". Dont push that button called "Inhoa", because that means you "Hate" Frank and hes gonna drop off the playlist and never come to Finland again No Razz . That same station gave '45' same kinda airtime last year and have every now and then played both TGA and Frank more than just the hits (from Handwritten and Tape Deck Heart). Even Plain Sailing Weather Cool

EDIT: and also I had kinda weird experience while walking to the supermarket. The Way I Tend To Be starts to play just when we entered with my friend and we had just played TDH on the car...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Saturday Night Live is really weird about who they pick to be on the show. I don't know if Gaslight's big enough or trendy enough to be on quite yet! http://epguides.com/SaturdayNightLive/ A whole list of host/musical guests.

I think it's a big score for Frank to get on Letterman. I feel like being on there means more. To me anyway, having grown up on that show since he was on at 12:30. #oldentimes
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Gaslight on SNL would be amazing. As would frank. I'm awaiting the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank Turner
Page 39 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next