DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner) Empty
PostSubject: Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)   Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't know if many people here know about Jen Buxton, but you should. She was part of the Australian Revival tour a couple of years ago, and has since then opened for the likes of Lucero, The Gaslight Anthem, and Frank Turner. She's just 22 but incredibly talented and her songwriting is incredible. She's probably my favourite female artist and definitely worth the listen if you get the chance.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)   Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:15 pm

This chick is total badass!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)   Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Jen is awesome. Her album, Don't Change Your Plans, was one of my favorites last year. I discovered her after she opened for Frank Turner in Australia and someone posted both of their sets from the Sydney show on Youtube. The talkers are pretty bad during most of her set but the performances came through. Cheap Shots was especially great but unfortunately there's not a studio version available for purchase anywhere. She also joined Frank on one of my favorite Ryan Adams songs, Oh My Sweet Carolina.

Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)   Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 am

Jen Buxton is absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough good about her. Don't Change Your Plans is quite easily one of my favorite albums of the last ten years. Just tremendous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)   Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jen Buxton (similar to Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner)
Page 1 of 1