DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank Turner

Go down 
+142
pleasepassthesoup
AngryRyan
Anya_TGA
sinkorswimmydear
jdc
redheadchick
visible_karma
barkjon
A_Regular
Christophe
33RPMHero
IAmDisappeared
HolyBreakOfDay
eagles1139
mitchard
cruzila
rumham
The Last Jukebox Romeo
UpLateAtNightAgain
Paula
CasanovaBaby90
Hanswurst
SevenThreeTwo
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
AineS
SubconsciousRitual
DeathoftheCool
Yozzy
DiamondSinatra
Paddy
Jables
holdsteady82
Tiffany
Álvaro
gking92
spgilbert
bobbyjames
kirstyt
njguy99
Klown
steph
_rebekka_
MKULTRA
Danieljsmith
Camus
nico0493
clezynski25
B701
Ryan!
I Came To Dance
westcountryeastcoast
Rizz
edzozo
Jerseyrain
LuceroDiehard
ifieverstray
mingus
born2run
Ghost
MxBx!
drifter69
The Boxer
Harbortown
BuddyHolly
riversedge
Templeton
enola
RockNRollOut
mercyandaminute
Kosburn59
carryon820
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
shuffle
madsmom
Rock bus
Gaslight23
Holland
Down by the Mersey
brianisbae
JJW319
Jaywalk
fullcollapse
Turn the Casanova On
hynesie
GraveRobbers
steady now steady now
brucesboots
NeverTrustAJunkie
Grant Michael
anarkistbavern
Bea
GaslightCeltic
Sinngh
Don Juan
sydney_carden
janet.
JoshRaymond
CluckyB
itszombietime
Ryan
massie1903
colmillionaire
Asleepontheforestfloor
bringiton
loazis
goldlion_
Jack
JadedGoober7
simo
Daire
Jay
Johnny99
PFREEZY
Shipyards
Scarlett
ktp
Prisoner
kieran
andy.mac
thecosmickid
thomas94
ral
noble_man
Deeper Shade of Blue
Vibes
Palmer89
vamike
Tiffiny
rhg5010
TonyRockyHorror
losethetragic
The Dude
Refused
Jukebox Romeo
faster_than_the_world@hot
Stalls_Standing
laurendelore
lhdez
isthisreal
146 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

Frank Turner - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Gotta love that new song. As an atheist myself it's nice to hear there being some representation for us in the music industry by such a classy guy. It's cool to see someone so vocal about it especially when so many people wear their religion on their sleeves to the point of nausea and it can ruin a show when someone thanks god or has to throw explicit religion in their.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Jay wrote:
Gotta love that new song. As an atheist myself it's nice to hear there being some representation for us in the music industry by such a classy guy. It's cool to see someone so vocal about it especially when so many people wear their religion on their sleeves to the point of nausea and it can ruin a show when someone thanks god or has to throw explicit religion in their.

Just because you find it annoying when bands through a couple of clearly Christian in their sets doesn't mean its good for Frank to do it in reverse. One of many reasons I respect Brian is that while he has religious views he doesn't use his music to preach.

You could categories "religious songs" as sorta a spectrum. There are stuff like Switchfoot's "Meant to Live" which are definitely religious but not in the hitting you over the head kind of way. Then there more clearly religious, pro god songs that would actually annoy people when included in concerts. On the other hand, you have stuff like "I still believe", which is more like the first category of "Christian" songs. It has an anti-religious message, but the main point its trying to get across is not actually about religion and it isn't hitting you over the head with it. But the new song is far more like the blatantly pro Christian songs. And just like its annoying when bands try to throw some of those in their setlist, its annoying in reverse as well.

I personally think Frank has gone to far here. Not that Frank cares what I or anyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Does he sing 'there's no god'?

He can sing whatever the hell he wants. I don't see how singing or saying 'I love god' or 'god doesn't exist' could possibly 'go too far'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:30 pm

loazis wrote:
Does he sing 'there's no god'?

He can sing whatever the hell he wants. I don't see how singing or saying 'I love god' or 'god doesn't exist' could possibly 'go too far'.

Frank does say 'there was no god'

I agree he can sing whatever the hell he wants and I will still love him to death...it would be ridiculous of me to completely stop listening to his music just because I dis agree with him on one little stance which I don't. just making a point
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:23 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Jay wrote:

Just because you find it annoying when bands through a couple of clearly Christian in their sets doesn't mean its good for Frank to do it in reverse. One of many reasons I respect Brian is that while he has religious views he doesn't use his music to preach.

You could categories "religious songs" as sorta a spectrum. There are stuff like Switchfoot's "Meant to Live" which are definitely religious but not in the hitting you over the head kind of way. Then there more clearly religious, pro god songs that would actually annoy people when included in concerts. On the other hand, you have stuff like "I still believe", which is more like the first category of "Christian" songs. It has an anti-religious message, but the main point its trying to get across is not actually about religion and it isn't hitting you over the head with it. But the new song is far more like the blatantly pro Christian songs. And just like its annoying when bands try to throw some of those in their setlist, its annoying in reverse as well.

I personally think Frank has gone to far here. Not that Frank cares what I or anyone else thinks.

It's not that I have a problem with Christian songs. On the contrary, some of my favorite music is Christian; I love hymns, Christmas carols, etc. It's just when a band, or really anybody in the public spotlight breaks that barrier of professionalism and starts to preach. Even athletes. I can't stand it when after a baseball player hits a double they have to call time on second base and do the sign of the cross or pint to the sky as if to say any kind of god has an influence in their abilities to play baseball. Or in music, make music or in writing, write, and so on.

And it's more tolerable for artists to do it since in creative expression anything goes. But beyond the art it gets iffy. Even my favorite musician of all time Bruce Springsteen pissed me off when I went to see him and he took a five minute break to basically preach. It's unwanted and not what I paid my good money to see.

And it's not like Frank is trying to affront religion in any way. If you've heard "journey of The Magi," it's a song almost entirely based around different religious stories. And it's a great song.

As a writer myself I incorporate religion into a lot of my stories and poems. It's a great cultural reference and religion just doesn't go away if you don't believe in it, so I might as well use it as a tool.

I guess I'm just trying to say as long people don't preach it outside of the art they are trying to make it's all good and well. And I just like that Frank is giving the minority a voice because it just isn't heard that often or that explicitly.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Honestly as long as they aren't preachy, a find a lot of religious songs to be inspiring even if I don't share the beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 pm

don't know if someone in here collects FT stuff, but since the Gaslight promos seem to be very popular on these boards, let me tell ya: there are some cool FT promo CDs on Ebay, and two of them come with press sheets (whatever those are). they're not expensive and i actually would buy them if i had some money left =P

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-TURNER-Idiot-Rare-1-Track-CD-Press-Sheet-/110616719936
http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-TURNER-Poetry-Deed-1-Trk-UK-CD-Press-Sheet-/110616719572
http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-TURNER-Isabel-Rare-1-Track-CD-/110616720594
http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-TURNER-Long-Live-Queen-Rare-1-Track-CD-/110616721066

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:24 pm

ah man, I am sure the shipping cost from UK would kill my account....I preordered his new EP, hopefully it will arrive before the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:31 pm

i preordered it too. just got a message from Xtra Mile Recordings saying my order is 'Processing', any idea why? last time that happened, i received what i had ordered two days later. maybe they're sending them earlier to make sure they arrive on the 6?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:35 pm

I ordered mine thru Epitaph, Frank's US label...the only description they provide is:

"This five song CD EP is a brief view into what Mr. Turner has coming with his new album, coming in 2011. Available in the UK on his upcoming tour, we are bringing some stateside into the Frank Turner & Epitaph online stores."

I am guessing US fans have to wait a bit longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:18 pm

This is soo fucking COOL.

Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 pm

How has his new EP not leaked yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Vibes wrote:

could be cause the preorder has been shipped yet...I should be getting mine sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 am

Vibes wrote:
I'm more surprised that I haven't seen the Turner/Snodgrass project anywhere. I figured that I'd find that online and then pick it up when Frank came back to the US on his tour next year, but I haven't seen that one anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 am

und32 wrote:
Vibes wrote:
I'm more surprised that I haven't seen the Turner/Snodgrass project anywhere. I figured that I'd find that online and then pick it up when Frank came back to the US on his tour next year, but I haven't seen that one anywhere.

you can find the live bootleg version of the Turner/Snodgrass project online...I don't think the actual vinyl is released in America at least...I saw Jon Snodgrass on saturday and he played one of the songs live with Ben from Lucero taking over as guest vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Frank Turner - Rock & Roll Ep   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Anyone have it yet?
Back to top Go down
anarkistbavern
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Nah, mail service won't work properly in the UK right now, seems like pre orders will be late. (They shipped mine Wednesday, still not here)
Someone else might be lucky though...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Supposedly US orders might come this week.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 pm

mine should've arrived last week. they shipped it on tuesday, but from the UK to Luxembourg with this snow... hope it will be here on monday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 pm

simo wrote:
Supposedly US orders might come this week.

I hope your correct sir, cause I can't wait to listen to it.

on another note, Admin should prolly add this to the existing Frank Turner thread going o.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:06 pm

DM me
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Does anyone have a copy yet?
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 pm

I do. DM me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Really tempted to shoot you a DM Vibes, But Imma wait couple days for my order to arrive.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the CD. Let me know how it is though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Turner   Frank Turner - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank Turner
Page 12 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next