DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon: Famous?

Go down 
+15
Hirti
loazis
theBasemen
Reinvent good times
Casey
amberfoyd
PFREEZY
J.B.R.
simo
El Jefe
steady now steady now
thecosmickid
JJW319
Bea
MyFirstSin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Casey wrote:
And btw dude, you post on the Blink Boards too, right? I think you posted a pic in my TGA thread Smile

What're the blink boards? I'd never even considered there being a major TGA forum before, i just stumbled across this looking for the background lyrics in Queen of Lower Chelsea. "Where thou die, i shall die, and there they shall bury me." NO one else got it right, this forum is so freaking amazing! But i do have some pretty great TGA pics, you can check my FB for that, though my pic with brian is like "Could i have smiled any creepier? " And as for them being famous one day... We can dream, but i think rock music has taken a backseat to rap, and we know what happens there... THe ideal angels twist and turn, and ask forgiveness for future mistakes.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

amberfoyd wrote:
he probably wouldn't want to be anyway, just remembered for something great.

You're probably right, he laughed at me for calling him famous. He's one of the most amazing people i've ever met in my life.

And you, my friend, have the greatest signature ever. I'm trying to decide where i wanna get "STay free" tatooed.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:57 am

MyFirstSin wrote:
amberfoyd wrote:

You're probably right, he laughed at me for calling him famous. He's one of the most amazing people i've ever met in my life.

And you, my friend, have the greatest signature ever. I'm trying to decide where i wanna get "STay free" tatooed.

Get the tattoo...and how about a rib tattoo or "inside of your arm"
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:28 am

Maybe a silly question: But does anybody know if Brian is famliy of Jimmy Fallon?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:31 am

yeah... cause i'm sure the only Fallons in the whole world are just Brian's family... Razz
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:14 am

Yea, i doubt people from Brian's family are the type to host a talk show... It's a little cheesy for the relatives of the new messiah.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 am

MyFirstSin wrote:
amberfoyd wrote:

i bet he is, not just because of what he does it's more so of who he is. thanks even though i've changed it. i still have not come up with my gaslight tat yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:16 am

amberfoyd wrote:
i bet he is, not just because of what he does it's more so of who he is. thanks even though i've changed it. i still have not come up with my gaslight tat yet.
Talking about signatures and tattoos, if anything I want to get inked, it would be 'No Retreat No Regrets' on my right arm. Not anytime soon I suppose, but I really like the thought =)
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 am

loazis wrote:
amberfoyd wrote:
Talking about signatures and tattoos, if anything I want to get inked, it would be 'No Retreat No Regrets' on my right arm. Not anytime soon I suppose, but I really like the thought =)
Oh my god, I want to get the same thing on my arm, too! Shocked
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:34 am

Hirti wrote:
loazis wrote:
amberfoyd wrote:
I call dibs! You're screwed!
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 am

loazis wrote:
Hirti wrote:
loazis wrote:
amberfoyd wrote:
I call dibs! You're screwed!
Dammit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:55 pm

HAHAHA you guys are funny. do you guys have any now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 am

I wish. Idk, my friend's a future tat artist, so i'll probably have her do it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Brian speaking to ViceStyle.com

>>I don't go home and walk down the street thinking, "hey, it's Brian Fallon, superstar". I'm thinking, "I'll buy shoes and get a haircut today". It's like being Batman. For the two hours we play, I am Batman, the rest of the day I'm a regular guy.<<

Ok, that doesn't really answer the 'famous' question, but I thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Jimmy and Brian aren't related, but I'm a huge Jimmy Fallon fan and when TGA played on his show, I definitely thought to myself, I wonder if they will bond over their last name? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:11 am

He seems so humble and down to earth. A diamond in the rough. Hopefully the fame doesn't go to his head.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm

REDD84 wrote:
He seems so humble and down to earth. A diamond in the rough. Hopefully the fame doesn't go to his head.

It won't, i assure you. Btw, lovin the boondock saints pic.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:09 am

My friend and I decided the other day that Brian has the perfect level of fame. One where he can play sold out shows to adoring fans, rub elbows with Katy Perry, and walk down the street unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:43 am

steady now steady now wrote:
and let's measure fame in Facebook terms, i.e. as in how many people like ...

The Gaslight Anthem: 55,313

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: 120,532

Mumford and Sons: 536,259

U2: 5,075,154

Obama: 14,555,682

I thought it would be interesting to revisit these figures, as they are now six months old. Here is how they look today:

The Gaslight Anthem: 114,859 [up from 55,313]

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: 288,939 [up from 120,532]

Mumford and Sons: 1,180,684 [up from 536,259]

U2: 9,392,585 [up from 5,075,154]

Obama: 21,692,793 [up from 14,555,682]

When I first saw the higher figures for TGA, I though this had to do with higher exposure, but seeing that everyone else has gone up too, it probably has more to do with more people using Facebook. TGA have gone up by about x 2.1, while the highest rise has been Edward Sharpe at about x 2.4, the lowest that of Obama (x 1.5).

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 am

Not to nitpick, but the Edward Sharpe increase isn't even close to 4x greater. It's a little bit more than 2x.

I'm also surprised the Mumfords didn't get the biggest boost because of the Grammy performance and all.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Not to nitpick, but the Edward Sharpe increase isn't even close to 4x greater. It's a little bit more than 2x.

oops; corrected

Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 pm

I like all those things, by the way. Although I've really only heard Home by ES&TMZ (long-winded even as an acronym, isn't it?) I love that song.

As for the original topic, I'd say Brian is more successful than famous. Which is a good thing, I think. Gaslight's definitely a successful act and he has enough recognition to literally be the face of SideOneDummy, but when I think of the word famous I think of someone who will be bothered any and every time they go out in public. I'm sure Brian maintains anonymity the vast majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 am

steady now steady now wrote:

I thought it would be interesting to revisit these figures, as they are now six montsh old. Here is how they look today:

The Gaslight Anthem: 114,859 [up from 55,313]
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: 288,939 [up from 120,532]
Mumford and Sons: 1,180,684 [up from 536,259]
U2: 9,392,585 [up from 5,075,154]
Obama: 21,692,793 [up from 14,555,682]

I was interested how these figures developed after the Handwritten release, so here they are:

The Gaslight Anthem: 185,115 [up from 55,313 (Oct. 12th 2010) / 114,859 (June 18th 2011)]
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: 471,342 [up from 120,532 / 288,939]
Mumford and Sons: 2,988,924 [up from 536,259 / 1,180,154]
U2: 12,912,945 [up from 5,075,154 / 9,392,585]
Obama: 24,457,613 [up from 14,555,682 / 21,692,793]

I was expecting a bit higher numbers for the boys to be honest but then again they more than tripled their fans since Oct. 2010. And maybe it was a bit early to check back on those numbers.

Also I'm clearly older than the average fan Wink
Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Bild117

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 am

Very interesting! Probably worth checking it again in December time, after the UK tour and album have been digested.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: Famous?   Brian Fallon: Famous? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon: Famous?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2