DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bringing fans up on stage

Go down 
+2
steady now steady now
shelly s
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shelly s
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Bringing fans up on stage Empty
PostSubject: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Having only been to one Gaslight Anthem concert, I was curious, does the band make a habit of bringing fans up on stage during performances?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

shelly s wrote:
Having only been to one Gaslight Anthem concert, I was curious, does the band make a habit of bringing fans up on stage during performances?

Why? Is that what happened at Winnipeg?

However, our very own 'e7c' has actually sung with them on stage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
shelly s
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Got to sing with them...WOW! What song...how did it happen?

During the Winnipeg concert, Brian noticed a sign I had brought. He then brought me up on stage, and asked me about the sign. I got to thank/hug him, and then while he was talking about the significance of the song, I proceeded to run around and thank/hug the Alex(s) and fist pump Benny (the drums kinda made hugging him a prob). Then they dedicated the song to me.

It was UNBELIEVABLE! The only downside was no pictures or video. There were a few reviews of the concert that did mention Brian's amazing connection with his fans.

So I was curious whether this was something he often did, or just a spur of the moment kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm

shelly s wrote:
Got to sing with them...WOW! What song...how did it happen?

During the Winnipeg concert, Brian noticed a sign I had brought. He then brought me up on stage, and asked me about the sign. I got to thank/hug him, and then while he was talking about the significance of the song, I proceeded to run around and thank/hug the Alex(s) and fist pump Benny (the drums kinda made hugging him a prob). Then they dedicated the song to me.

It was UNBELIEVABLE! The only downside was no pictures or video. There were a few reviews of the concert that did mention Brian's amazing connection with his fans.

So I was curious whether this was something he often did, or just a spur of the moment kinda thing.

Great story. Lucky you. Keep an eye on YouTube ,where footage of your preformance will hopefully appear in due course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:20 pm

That's awesome man!
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:56 pm

oh man. ugh. congrats dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm

what was the song?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:32 pm

It hasn't happened at any of the 4 or 5 shows I've been to, so consider yourself lucky haha.
Back to top Go down
shelly s
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm

MCStevepants wrote:
It hasn't happened at any of the 4 or 5 shows I've been to, so consider yourself lucky haha.

4 or 5 shows...WOW! You are so lucky to have been able to catch so many performances.

I do consider myself very lucky...it was a once in a lifetime kind of experience.

I may not have any photos, but I will never forget the emotion of that night.
Back to top Go down
shelly s
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:44 pm

drifter69 wrote:
what was the song?
The song was 'Spirit of Jazz'. A sentimental favorite of mine. It reminds me of the relationship between my husband and I.

Brian went on to explain the significance of the song, but I have to admit I can't remember what he said because I was too busy running around hugging/thanking the Alex(s) and fist pumping Benny.
(Hey, you never know what you're going to do in the moment, I decided to go for it and thank all the guys, not just Brian for playing my song).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing fans up on stage   Bringing fans up on stage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing fans up on stage
Page 1 of 1