DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atlanta Show

Go down 
+8
kieran
CluckyB
HarleyR62
verbos
RobertODonnell
xstevenbx
talley
clashcityrocker
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:12 am

So who is going to the show at Masquerade next month?
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Ill be driving down from Greenville for it
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 pm

someone fron FL should drive up for this and pick me up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:56 pm

I would go if it's possible .... but it's a 6 hour drive and I have classes the next day.
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 pm

I live in Cullman Alabama so it's like a 4 hour drive. Me and some homies are driving to the outskirts and taking a train into the city. I'm beyond stoked! The last time I saw them play was two years ago on the Warped Tour. I'm really interested in seeing them after all of the changes. No more white tee's and Fenders haha.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:13 am

I'll be there with the old lady. Recently got 2 coworkers into them and one is going with his wife. Should be a great time. It was last year at the same venue.
Back to top Go down
HarleyR62
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Im driving down from Charlotte...After seeing the band in St Louis... theres no doubt its worth the drive
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:45 pm

I have absolutely nothing to add to this discussion other than the fact that I am beyond stoked for Sunday to come. Been listening to a free stream of Real Ghosts Caught on Tape from Fake Problems here. Good stuff. I might cry like a little girl with excitement when it finally comes.
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Same here man, its gonna be a helluva weekend, skydiving saturday, then this sunday. My 8:30 clas Monday may be a little rough, but its worth it haha
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:42 pm

verbos wrote:
I have absolutely nothing to add to this discussion other than the fact that I am beyond stoked for Sunday to come. Been listening to a free stream of Real Ghosts Caught on Tape from Fake Problems here. Good stuff. I might cry like a little girl with excitement when it finally comes.

That is EXACTLEY how I feel.

I have a class at 8 the next morning but yeah, it'll be worth it.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:29 am

Just got back from the Atlanta show and still reeling. Fallon was in prime form and his antics made the show that much better. He handed over the guitar for Old White Lincoln a couple of songs in and used the stage like a master at his craft. No Old Haunts, unfortunately. He grabbed some badass sunglasses from a fan and wore those for a while during the song, too. Can't remember the other 1 or 2 songs with Brian not on guitar. I was surprised at how early in the set they did it. They played High Lonesome, 1930, and River's Edge (the latter 2 people had made signs for, which Fallon brought to everyone's attention). Maybe there was a sign for High Lonesome, but they opened with it, so, not sure...

They played Farside's I Hope You're Unhappy. Brian had a great story intro to Stay Lucky that pretty much went off perfectly. It was about a letter from his friend signed "Stay Lucky". Wonder if it was true...

Fake Problems was fantastic live. They were the first band (before Rival Schools). I spoke with one of the guys from Fake Problems at the merch booth about how I thought they were going to be the second opener instead of Rival Schools and he seemed offended. Apparently they are all from some well-established groups and are very respected. Didn't mean anything by it, but personally their sound didn't seem to mesh for me between Fake Problems and Gaslight. Completely different style of music. I guess they've been switching who opens each night.
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 am

Great review verbos, i agree with what you said about Rival Schools too, i was very surprised when FP came on first, anyways heres the setlist, it should be right, but i make no promises

1. High Lonesome
2. Bring It On
3. We Came to Dance
4. The Diamond Church Street Choir
5. Old White Lincoln
6. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
7. Boxer
8. I'da Called You Woody, Joe
9. Miles Davis & the Cool
10. The Spirit of Jazz
11. Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
12. Film Noir
13. Stay Lucky
14. I Hope Youre Unhappy-The Farsiders
15. The Queen of Lower Chelsea
16. Great Expectations
Encore
17. Meet Me By the River's Edge
18. We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
19. 1930
20. Here's Looking At You, Kid
21. The Backseat

Hope i didnt leave any off, it was a helluva set, Fake Problems was amazing, ill write more tomorrow when Im more awake haha

Last edited by talley on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:07 pm

I think maybe Cowgirls was played where you have Angry Johnny listed; I don't recall that being played and I LOVE the live version of it, so I was waiting for it. '59 Sound was played too, although I don't remember when.

Personally, I could've done with She Loves You, WDIWWWY, Old Haunts, and some more from Senor and the Queen, but I love all of Gaslight's songs so much it's quite difficult to pick anything I wouldn't want to see. Last year here they played everything from Senor and closed with Red at Night with just Brian and Alex R, so I guess I was lucky with that. Surprised there was no American Slang in the setlist, though. Was curious to hear it in person. They opened with High Lonesome last year too (same venue) so it was this strange sense of deja vu when the show started. No background behind the stage either; maybe it was too big for the wall.
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Good call verbos, i wrote down the wrong one by accident
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Ironically( seeing as I started this thread) I didn't get to go to the freaking show. My ride had to bail. I can't believe it. This is the second year in a row I've missed them play.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Divorce and 1930 back to back? Was anyone still standing for the last two songs?
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:01 am

CluckyB wrote:
Divorce and 1930 back to back? Was anyone still standing for the last two songs?

Yeah Brian stopped briefly during the show to talk about some of the signs people were holding. He said they would play them and pointed to 4 different signs and went "yes, yes, yes, yes". I could only make out River's Edge (cause he talked about how whatever was on the banner wasn't the actual song name) and 1930. I think Divorce was probably on one as well, which is why they chose those 3 for the encore. It was pretty sick having those two together. If only Wooderson or Contender could've rounded it out... guess I should've made a sign. Although a 28 year old dude holding a sign just seems kind of off to me...

So, your question was probably completely rhetorical, but I felt like answering!
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:48 am

A group of girls up front had a sign saying "Its Zombie Time" for Divorce, i liked that one haha. On a side note, that River's Edge sign was huge, that thng had to be 6' long at least
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:51 am

Dont get me wrong but you guys are that suprised Rival Schools didnt open?

They have been playing longer and they have ex members of such bands as gorilla biscuits and quicksand to name just two. Not that fake problems are a bad band I have seen them several times and they are great but Rival school are far more influential and long going.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 am

verbos wrote:
[Although a 28 year old dude holding a sign just seems kind of off to me...

You obviously haven't been to a Springsteen concert ...

I hope this sign thing isn't going to take on Springsteenesque proportions, as it's become a bit tiresome at Boss shows (and do the band want another copmparison like that anyway?).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 pm

kieran wrote:
Dont get me wrong but you guys are that suprised Rival Schools didnt open?

They have been playing longer and they have ex members of such bands as gorilla biscuits and quicksand to name just two. Not that fake problems are a bad band I have seen them several times and they are great but Rival school are far more influential and long going.

Yeah I discovered that after talking to one of the guys from Fake Problems. Looked them up when I got home; had never heard of them before. I respect that and all, it's great and I'm glad they had such an impact on a lot of genre's in the 80s and 90s, but honestly, they bored the shit out of me.I was with 4 people, all in our late twenties and into many different styles of music, and we all found them boring and completely generic sounding. I was surprised they were such a "supergroup" even though the only band I had heard of that any of them were in was Glassjaw. Call me ignorant but I've never really known much about the 80s and 90s hardcore scene.

ADDITION: You know, I got a but pissed when the guy from Fake Problems acted offended that I would suggest that. Sorry if I don't know who the fucking gorilla biscuits are. I'm into a lot of different styles of music and consider myself fairly educated, but I can't know everything about every genre. I was paying his band a compliment and he seemed utterly indifferent.
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 am

im with you verbos, i had never heard of them and me and the people i was with were not impressed with them at all, although i did feel like the acoustics were way off for them. Rivals Schools hasnt put any new material out in 7-8 years, Fake Problems have put out 3 albums in the last 4 years, Id rather hear the band thats actively puttin stuff out any day.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:41 am

If I didn't follow Side One Dummy on Twitter I would have never heard of Fake Problems if it makes you feel better. At Northern Lights Brian talked about how their first proper tour was when they opened for Fake Problems.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:57 am

THat show was absolutely AMAZING. Who all stayed after to meet the folks?
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:24 pm

I stayed a little bit and met the Alexs and Chris Farren, all great guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atlanta Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Show   Atlanta Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlanta Show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next