DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

America and gigs

Go down 
+3
colmillionaire
amberfoyd
kieran
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Im trying to find out what shows are going on while im over in the USA. What websites are worth checking for gig guides and the like.

Im going to be in San Fran from the 30th of August until the 4th of September and Seattle on the 5th and then im back to Seattle between the 19th and 22nd if that helps at all.

Might sound a bit odd to spend a few nights at some shows while there are probably better more touristy things to be doing but whenever I have been traveling I always make a point to check out a few shows as its always different to seeing shows over here. Plus it usually has the bonus of getting to see some more local bands to.

I have already read about Bumbershoot festival in Seattle and im thinking of going for the day on the 5th but Pavement and Quasi are playing at the Paramount theatre and Surfer Blood and Dead Confederate at the hard rock. Just looking for some other stuff particularly in San Fran

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:35 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:19 pm

RVIVR is playing the west coast around that time. I'm more than likely going to be at the Portland show. They have a handful of shows going on in the bay area.
http://rvivr.wordpress.com/

This guy does some stuff in the NW as well.
http://www.mikethrasherpresents.com/dbmonkey/calendar.cfm?cal=thrasher&city=2

I'm not as familiar with the Bay Area and San Fran. I'm sure there are some kids on here who know the area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm

http://www.apeconcerts.com/index.cfm

shows in SF and Oakland area.
Back to top Go down

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:53 pm

also Lucero is playing a free show along with Patti Smith and Elvis Costello during the first weekend of October if anyone is interested.

here's the entire lineup of the free festival: http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 am

i dont know about any shows, but i think that's a worthwhile way of spending your trip! the touristy things, you can only do so many of those. going to local shows'll give you a better idea of what's it's like to be a local. san francisco is probably my favorite city, im sure you'll have fun there. last time i was there (for a gaslight show, actually) i stayed in an area of town called the tenderloin, and while my experience was fine, it's supposedly one of the rougher areas of town, just fyi, in case it comes up, haha. enjoy your trip.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:16 am

RVIVR are playing a house show in Oakland that I may/may not attended on the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:25 am

Bar bands play gigs. Actual bands play shows or concerts. In the US.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:29 am

check pollstar.com and type in what city you'll be in, and it tells you tons of shows going on in that city on whatever dates Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 am

PFREEZY wrote:
Bar bands play gigs. Actual bands play shows or concerts. In the US.

Will bare that in mind.

Shows over here generally only means musicals and theatre and concerts are for seeing full blown symphony orchestras.

Pollstar is pretty cool.

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Just found out that Thee of Sees are playing at the Eagle Tavern. Which is cool except it turns out its a also a gay bar. I dont have a problem with that in itself except im not keen on going to such a place on my own I if that makes sense. Some of my best friends are gay and I have been to gay bars with them but wouldnt be to keen going at it alone.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 pm

kieran wrote:
Just found out that Thee of Sees are playing at the Eagle Tavern. Which is cool except it turns out its a also a gay bar. I dont have a problem with that in itself except im not keen on going to such a place on my own I if that makes sense. Some of my best friends are gay and I have been to gay bars with them but wouldnt be to keen going at it alone.

I have a lot of gay friends too and I don't think i would want to go alone either! but if you're there for the music, thats all that matters Smile
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Glad im not the only but I suppose you are right its about the music.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:17 am

Last edited by steph on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:29 am

hahaa steph, you just made my night
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:40 am

steph wrote:
kieran wrote:
'

be careful, especially in SF (aka the gay capitol of the US), attractive males of the right age are generally accepted as the prey of the older bears. like if you show up, youre game. so make sure to wear pants with un-rape-able bottoms.

Will have to bare this in mind and invest in one of these Razz

America and gigs Chastitybelt_300
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:10 pm

hahaha!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:15 pm

kieran wrote:
steph wrote:
kieran wrote:
'

be careful, especially in SF (aka the gay capitol of the US), attractive males of the right age are generally accepted as the prey of the older bears. like if you show up, youre game. so make sure to wear pants with un-rape-able bottoms.

Will have to bare this in mind and invest in one of these Razz

America and gigs Chastitybelt_300

i've always wondered, was shitting not invented back when those were used?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

America and gigs Empty
PostSubject: Re: America and gigs   America and gigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

America and gigs
Page 1 of 1