DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

when did you first see TGA live? (poll)

Go down 
+28
Refused
Vibes
wonderson189
Perry
Stevearm
pookieray
madsmom
thecosmickid
-spy
Little Eden
xstevenbx
Casey
amberfoyd
SmilinSkullRing
colmillionaire
talley
ilockyer
NeverTrustAJunkie
mercyandaminute
Jeff
TGAFAN25
kieran
simo
theBasemen
ExitEnglish
19thirty
loazis
steady now steady now
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

when did you first see TGA live?
when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_lcap0%when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_lcap0%when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_lcap3%when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_lcap26%when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_rcap
 26% [ 18 ]
when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_lcap50%when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 34 ]
when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_lcap21%when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Vote_rcap
 21% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Empty
PostSubject: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:47 am

We haven't had a poll for a while, so, ...

when did you first see the Gaslight Anthem live?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:07 am

First of July this year, heard of them first last year a couple of months after they came to Holland so this was my first real opportunity =)
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 am

I saw them supporting the Loved Ones with the Ergs in early Feb 2008. Played about 10 songs...most were off SOS of course! After the show...went outside and there was like 3 inches of snow on the ground. Made for pretty tricky driving...especially after a few beers.
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:59 pm

i think i saw them in november of '08 on their co-headlining tour with american steel. that introduced me to polar bear club as well. good night. i remember street dogs were also playing that night and i had to choose which show to go to, i chose gaslight, and i'm forever thankful that i did. no slight on street dogs. then street dogs later came the following year and i couldn't make it to that show either...

Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm going to see them first at the 12th of november this year here in Holland. So that's 2010 for me! when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:17 pm

2010 at Bonnaroo, even though I'd been listening to them since 2008. Every time they came near me, it was always a school night and like 3 hours away.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Saw them play their first proper uk show at Reading Festival 2008. I then saw them play at the ULU the day after that. Then at the Astoria 2 later the same year.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:53 pm

October 2009 and have seen them 3x in total now, and Brian once solo. Can't wait for the Radio City show!!
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:11 pm

2009, when they were playing at the Trocadero.
Back to top Go down
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:25 pm

October 2009 at Terminal 5-- my first real show!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Opening for Rise Against in October 2008. At the time I only knew '59 Sound (the song) but that was enough to get me to come to the show early to see them (they went on first). Glad I did!
This was all I got for video though Sad http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/2950492368/in/set-72157608117988282/
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Saw them first in Bristol in 2009, and like 19thirty, there was snow falling when I left the venue. Walked back to the train station, everything getting whiter, seeing the train get more and more delayed, fearing it wouldn't be able to get through. Arrived back in Exeter to several inches of snow and only one taxi out and about, scariest cab ride ever, even at an average speed of 5-10mph and sober!

Twice more on that tour, then the Forum, Glasto, Hyde Park and earlier this summer at the Melkweg. Bristol and London this time around, no snow please!
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:53 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie, did you see them at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC? I was there and thats where i first saw/discovered them in October '08
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:41 pm

No actually I saw them at Roseland in NYC Smile
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 am

Was gonna see them as support for Thursday's NYE show at the Starland Ballroom in 07 but couldn't get tickets. Then I was thwarted again because my girlfriend at the time wanted to see Daniel Johnston instead of the Loved Ones/Ergs/TGA show, bummer. So my first show was the lanes in 08.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:49 am

talley wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie, did you see them at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC? I was there and thats where i first saw/discovered them in October '08

hey i was at that show!
that means i must have seen them months before that for my first time, because that show was my second time seeing them. i was planning on going to that show because rise against and alkaline trio were playing (which was already an absurdly good lineup [don't care for thrice]) so that made me listen to gaslight and luckily they happened to be playing way closer to me (chapel hill NC) a few months before that so that's when i first saw them. it was a tiny show, it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:57 am

Didn't see them until this year. First, and to day only, show in Kansas City on 7/17.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:18 am

first and only time was at the wiltern last month!

Last edited by amberfoyd on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:19 am

ExitEnglish wrote:
talley wrote:

hey i was at that show!
that means i must have seen them months before that for my first time, because that show was my second time seeing them. i was planning on going to that show because rise against and alkaline trio were playing (which was already an absurdly good lineup [don't care for thrice]) so that made me listen to gaslight and luckily they happened to be playing way closer to me (chapel hill NC) a few months before that so that's when i first saw them. it was a tiny show, it was awesome.

Rise Against picks great bands to open for them. Last summer I saw them with Rancid and Billy Talent.

I remember for Roseland there weren't a lot of people there for TGA. Bet that wouldn't be the case now!
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:23 pm

October or November of 2008, opening for Rise Against/Alk3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:27 pm

2008, instantly fell in love =)
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:24 am

I saw them in October 2007 with the Flatliners. There were 6 people there who knew who they were, 2 of which were my friends. They played all of Sink or Swim minus Red at Night. I thought Brian was really drunk because of all the wacky stage banter. Later found out that that's just normal Brian. They didn't sound nearly as tight as they do now. For all of you that are just getting to see them now, I really think you're seeing them in their prime. I swear the best show I've ever seen them play was a year ago in Orlando, I can only imagine how much better they've gotten.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 am

July 22nd, 2010.
A day that will live in infamy.
Back to top Go down
-spy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 am

October 4, 2010 'cause i'm livin' in the future and none of this has happened yet!
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 am

-spy wrote:
October 4, 2010 'cause i'm livin' in the future and none of this has happened yet!

Hehe cheers I hope you'll enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when did you first see TGA live? (poll)   when did you first see TGA live? (poll) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when did you first see TGA live? (poll)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next