DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Belgium!

Go down 
+2
Reinvent good times
Templeton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

Greetings from Belgium! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm 19 years old and I come from a small town in Belgium! I've been listening to The Gaslight Anthem for some years now and they are by far the best live band I've ever seen!
some other bands I'm quite into are Rise Against, Editors, Carpathian, Sick Of It All, Muse, Eddie Vedder, Pink Floyd... I listen to a lot of genres, as long as guitars are involved ^^!

I play a little guitar myself, just the basic chords... i'm not much of a riff guy!
My favorite movies are Into The Wild and Superbad!
I'm an engineering student, but more interesting is that I work for a dutch ezine as an interviewer! (I'll probably interview TGA this november!)

That's about everything I have to say :p
thanks for reading! I hope I'll enjoy this forum ^^!

W.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Good to have you. Love Rise Against too. Which is your fave Rise Against CD? I"m partial to sufferer and witness.
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
Good to have you. Love Rise Against too. Which is your fave Rise Against CD? I"m partial to sufferer and witness.

I really like all of their work, together with TGA it's the only band that hasn't got one bad song at all!
I think my favorite one should be The Unraveling or Sufferer and witness, both of them are really amazing!

OT: what's your favorite TGA CD? ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:30 pm

hey templeton, welcome to our community, you're actually the very first member from belgium

ya from flaandern or wallonie?

like ra too, best album would be ssotcc to me, but love the front artwork of the sufferer and the witness soooo much

have fun staying around
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Wow, first Belgian member ^^!

I am from "vlaanderen" that's the dutch part, but I can kind of speak french too... and a little bit of german (actually funny that we speak 3 languages in such a small country)!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm

welcome dude!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:34 pm

thnx i know flaanderen, been to brussel, gent, brugge and antwerpen.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey!

Welcome to the boards =)

What ezine are you working with? ^^
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:57 am

Templeton wrote:
Reinvent good times wrote:

I really like all of their work, together with TGA it's the only band that hasn't got one bad song at all!
I think my favorite one should be The Unraveling or Sufferer and witness, both of them are really amazing!

OT: what's your favorite TGA CD? ^^

Good question---ask a different day, and you'll get a different answer. If I had to, and this is difficult, I'd probably say that AS is fave TGA cd..that sounds like I'm a what have you done for me lately, but right now it's the bomb. We shall see if it has the staying power of 59S, b/c that's a classic. And if Senor and the Queen had more than 4 songs, that could be my favorite.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:49 pm

if it interview happens you have to show us,

welcome
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Templeton wrote:
I'm 19 years old and I come from a small town in Belgium! I've been listening to The Gaslight Anthem for some years now and they are by far the best live band I've ever seen!
some other bands I'm quite into are Rise Against, Editors, Carpathian, Sick Of It All, Muse, Eddie Vedder, Pink Floyd... I listen to a lot of genres, as long as guitars are involved ^^!

Having grown up with Pink Floyd, I'm thrilled to find that there's a fan your age out there. My favourites are Wish You Were Here, The Dark Side of the Moon and The Final Cut (even if it's more of a Roger Waters solo album). The Editors too are great, though clearly not in the same like, but there is something about theiryrics that really speaks to me.

Good to have you here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone ^^! Yeah I got into pink floyd thanks to my father, but I esspecialy love The Dark Side Of The Moon!

Quote :
What ezine are you working with? ^^

I work for www.rock-metal-punk.org, we're not big... but Belgium isn't either so we're doing okay, we do have some trouble finding new crewmembers since it's all in dutch.
Of course it isn't easy to get the real "big" bands for an interview, most of their promotors only let big newspapers or music magazines interview them. But we have very good relations with labels like Bridge 9, Fat Wreck, Roadrunner and SideOneDummy, so we're automatically on their guestlist at shows!

Quote :
if it interview happens you have to show us,

Of course! If you have good questions, I'm happy to ask them as well! Very Happy

Quote :
Good question---ask a different day, and you'll
get a different answer. If I had to, and this is difficult, I'd
probably say that AS is fave TGA cd..that sounds like I'm a what have
you done for me lately, but right now it's the bomb. We shall see if it
has the staying power of 59S, b/c that's a classic. And if Senor and
the Queen had more than 4 songs, that could be my favorite.

How about you?

It's kind of the same, at this moment it's the 59 sound! but American Slang is really growing on me, I didn't like every song right from the start but I really start to feel the vibe of that album!

Quote :
thnx i know flaanderen, been to brussel, gent, brugge and antwerpen.

Wow, you've been over here a lot! What was your favorite city?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgium!   Greetings from Belgium! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Belgium!
Page 1 of 1