DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010

Go down 
+2
Daire
Bea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 am

some of you have already been to a Gaslight Anthem show many many times before, i haven't. this was the first time i was going to see them live. so since i had an amazing time, i thought i'd share with all of you that amazing day.

at 6.30 the doors opened. we got some merch and then straight to the front row (a bit on the left, just in front of Alex R). Sharks were really good, too bad they had to leave for the UK just after the set... Chuck Ragan was amazing! i honestly can't wait to see him live again.

then Alex R came onstage when the techs were setting up the Gaslight's gear, said hi to the crowd and just hanged around the stage with his drink as if it was the most normal thing ever xD the show was simply amazing, there's no words to describe it, but you guys already know how it is Wink i don't remember the setlist, but they played Wilson Pickett's 'In the Midnight Hour' which was pretty cool, i recorded it so maybe i'll upload it later, idk... the only thing that sucked was that apparently they had a curfew and had to leave the stage at 10.30 sharp (1h30 of show), so they didn't do the go-offstage-then-back-onstage thing and skipped a few songs (She Loves You being one of them).....

for a first show of The Gaslight Anthem, i think it went pretty damn good Very Happy

some videos someone has already uploaded:

we gotta survive, that's the only deal to go eat some hotdogs with them xD

between my request and the sign someone had, we got them to play Drive Very Happy

Brian's face when he messes up a line is priceless (too bad his face can't be seen in this vid when he kneels in front of Alex R, it was hilarious!)

one last thing to say: the long trip by train, the freezing cold and the skipping class were totally worth it Very Happy

Last edited by Bea on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 am

Brian in a Chelsea jersey....eugh!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 am

Daire wrote:
Brian in a Chelsea jersey....eugh!

That was my first thought to.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:10 pm

thanks for sharing this! Would have loved to hear drive on one of the concerts I went to.
love the hot dog story ;o) and the faces he makes during Here's Looking At You, Kid esp. when he messed up the lyrics Very Happy
Seemed they really enjoyed Brussels!

couldn't care less about the Chelsea jersey although he looks better in cooler shirts ... typical girl I am ;o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm

enola wrote:
couldn't care less about the Chelsea jersey although he looks better in cooler shirts ... typical girl I am ;o)
same here, i didn't even know it was a Chelsea jersey Razz
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 am

Oh man what a GREAT gig. Better than all the other times I saw them. Indeed, a shame about the curfew: would have loved to hear She Loves You live... But still, magnificent performance. Really loved 1930, Blue Jeans & White T-shirts, and everything in the last 18 minutes (when they realised they did not have much time left). A finale with Great Expectations - The 59 Sound - American Slang - Here's Looking At You, Kid (even brilliant with Brian messing up the lines, still one of my all time favourite songs... pure beauty) - Backseat... Could you dream of anything better? Hope to see them again verrry soon ("leaving Europe until next year, when we'll be back" it says on Facebook, I'm already psyched)

Some other videos (not by me, thanks Youtube!)

Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 am

Oh yes, the setlist:

The Spirit of Jazz
Boxer
Senor & The Queen
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
Old Haunts
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Wooderson
Film Noir
Miles Davis & The Cool
The Patient Ferris Wheel
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Drive
Bring It On
In The Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett cover)
Stay Lucky
Great Expectations
The ’59 Sound
American Slang
Here’s Looking At You, Kid
Backseat
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

GREAT photos from this show that I found!

http://www.jakke16.be/Plugins/WP/2010/11/15/the-gaslight-anthem-at-ancienne-belgique/

Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Gaslight_anthem-2342

edit:

more great photos:

http://lodeschildermans.com/2010/11/16/photos-the-gaslight-anthem-ab/comment-page-1/#comment-2247
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010   Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brussels, Belgium 14th November 2010
Page 1 of 1