DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/CA Fall 2010 tour

Go down 
+31
brodeuris1
kcdc
MKULTRA
J_Schooly
Daire
Vibes
Casey
azlisa
tdawg
efofex
xstevenbx
talley
xorcist
pookieray
PFREEZY
verbos
DaveSavedTheDay
IKeeptheDiner
J.B.R.
Reinvent good times
brianisbae
NDTGA
amberfoyd
Pants
randomhero78
Little Eden
CluckyB
steph
Asleepontheforestfloor
colmillionaire
ral
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:25 pm

I wanna see!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:36 pm

theres a picture floating around too! looked like a damm good time. (pun intended if you insist)
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:49 pm

tickets for the Salt Lake show went from being 25 dollars to 5 dollars, guess they should've played a smaller place. wish i could hit it up, but i'm not 21.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:31 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
tickets for the Salt Lake show went from being 25 dollars to 5 dollars, guess they should've played a smaller place. wish i could hit it up, but i'm not 21.

holy shit. get a fake.......i should to......
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:51 pm

my girlfriend already bought tickets to a play. i was hosed from the get-go....5 dollar gaslight is a little too much for me to pass up though. i'll have to see what she says
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:51 pm

my girlfriend already bought tickets to a play. i was hosed from the get-go....5 dollar gaslight is a little too much for me to pass up though. i'll have to see what she says
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:25 am

http://plixi.com/p/45552004

saw this on fake problems twitter. Alex Levine providing haircuts
Back to top Go down
numbdub
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:52 pm

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/56383/gaslight-anthem.html

review I wrote of seattle/portland
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:56 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

alex r?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:58 pm

amberfoyd wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

alex r?

L...
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:04 pm

in the white t shirt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:07 pm

amberfoyd wrote:
in the white t shirt?

...yeah thats Alex L in the white tshirt and I think thats Brian playing the guitar

Last edited by oldgospelchoir on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:11 pm

but i see alex r.. am i going crazy?? haha
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:14 pm

ohhhh wrong one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:21 am

http://www.punknews.org/review/9634

Vancouver review
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:08 am

Setlist from the Chicago show last night.

CHICAGO, IL -- 9/20 -- The Vic Theatre
1. American Slang
2. Boxer
3. The Diamond Church Street Choir
4. The '59 Sound
5. Old White Lincoln *
6. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues *
7. Spirit of Jazz
8. I'da Called You Woody, Joe
9. Angry Johnny and the Radio
10. Miles Davis & The Cool
11. Bring It On
12. The Queen of Lower Chelsea
13. Film Noir
14. Stay Lucky
15. High Lonesome
16. Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
17. Great Expectations

ENCORE BREAK
18. The Navesink Banks **
19. Wooderson
20. Say I Won't (Recognize)
21. We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
22. Here's Looking at You, Kid
23. The Backseat

* With a roadie (I believe Brian said his name was Terry, but don't quote me on that) on Brian's guitar. Brian just sang on those two.

** With about 30 seconds of "Layla" in front of it. Brian had jokingly chided the crowd for singing "Ole, ole, ole" without knowing the rest of the words. He compared it to only knowing the chorus of Layla, and he, Alex R and Benny started playing it for a few seconds.

Of the four TGA shows that I've seen, this one was the best. The encore was incredible. It's been said before, but "Here's Looking" into "Backseat" is such a great way to end the show. Brian's intensity on this night was off the charts. He was constantly clowning around on stage (air drumming when Benny came in on the beginning of "The '59 Sound," joking around with Alex R., singing with his back to the crowd and head twisted around, etc.) and had as much energy as I've ever seen from him. "Cowgirls," which I thought was the weakest performance in the set the last time I saw them (Detroit w/ The Hold Steady), was my favorite song on this night. The two songs that Brian didn't play guitar on featured especially intense vocal and physical performances from him. He was a blur up on stage, jumping up and down and such. Really added to those two songs. Benny was fun to watch, too. He was really blasting out "'59 Sound" and "Backseat," singing right along with Brian at the top of his lungs. A fun night, for sure.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 pm

A few notes from the shows I saw. The sets were pretty similar with most of American Slang and plenty of The '59 Sound every night. Brian's playing the Nash tele on a bunch of songs in the middle of the sets, usually starting around I'da Called You Woody, Joe.

Milwaukee - We Did It When We Were Young closed out the main set. Encore was She Loves You, Contender, Say I Won't, Boomboxes, Here's Looking At You, Kid, Backseats

Madison - Small place, small stage and no barricade. Main set was really long, 80-90 mins. Elvis was in the main set and Angry Johnny included some of Bon Iver's Blood Bank. High Lonesome reappeared here too. The encore was Contender, American Girl, Say I Won't, Drive, Here's Looking At You, Kid, Backseats

Chicago - Nice review of this above. Good show but it started early and things seemed rushed throughout. I'd guess the venue had a 10pm curfew.

Indianapolis - Brian used an alternate mic on Old White Lincoln and Cowgirls. The Angry Johnny Tag was Dylan's Don't Think Twice, It's All Right. Orphans and She Loves You were in the main set. The encore was Casanova Baby, American Girl, Say I Won't, Red In The Morning, Here's Looking At You, Kid, Backseats.

They've also soundchecked Farside's I Hope You're Unhappy. They went through it a few times in Madison and then again at one of the other shows. Sounded like they were getting it ready for a show but who knows, maybe they're just having fun in soundcheck.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Quote :
** With about 30 seconds of "Layla" in front of it. Brian had jokingly chided the crowd for singing "Ole, ole, ole" without knowing the rest of the words. He compared it to only knowing the chorus of Layla, and he, Alex R and Benny started playing it for a few seconds.

Ok I'm super jealous now. If they had played the full thing I might've had to build a time machine so I could go there.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:08 pm

ral wrote:
A few notes from the shows I saw. The sets were pretty similar with most of American Slang and plenty of The '59 Sound every night. Brian's playing the Nash tele on a bunch of songs in the middle of the sets, usually starting around I'da Called You Woody, Joe.

Milwaukee - We Did It When We Were Young closed out the main set. Encore was She Loves You, Contender, Say I Won't, Boomboxes, Here's Looking At You, Kid, Backseats

Madison - Small place, small stage and no barricade. Main set was really long, 80-90 mins. Elvis was in the main set and Angry Johnny included some of Bon Iver's Blood Bank. High Lonesome reappeared here too. The encore was Contender, American Girl, Say I Won't, Drive, Here's Looking At You, Kid, Backseats

Chicago - Nice review of this above. Good show but it started early and things seemed rushed throughout. I'd guess the venue had a 10pm curfew.

Indianapolis - Brian used an alternate mic on Old White Lincoln and Cowgirls. The Angry Johnny Tag was Dylan's Don't Think Twice, It's All Right. Orphans and She Loves You were in the main set. The encore was Casanova Baby, American Girl, Say I Won't, Red In The Morning, Here's Looking At You, Kid, Backseats.

They've also soundchecked Farside's I Hope You're Unhappy. They went through it a few times in Madison and then again at one of the other shows. Sounded like they were getting it ready for a show but who knows, maybe they're just having fun in soundcheck.

God I hope there's a video or a boot of Angry Johnny from Indy
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:04 pm

Saw TGA three times this week and each show was amazing for different reasons.

Radio City: So much has been said about it that I can't add anything new. Loved getting to hear "We Did It When We Were Young" and "Say I Won't(Recognize)" plus seeing a show in such gorgeous venue was something I'll never forget.

House of Blues Orlando: I've been to many shows at the HOB and I can honestly say the sound for this show was the worst I've ever experienced. I guess it's a good thing I know all the words to the songs because it was practically impossible to hear what Brian was singing and when he'd tell his stories between songs I could barely make out what he was saying. His story about Alex R cursing out little kids at the water park was legendary though.

8 Seconds Gainesville: I'm naturally inclined to despise anything and everything about Gainesville but this was without a doubt one of the worst venues I've ever been to for a show. I guess it's normally a country western bar(they did have a mechanical bull and a disturbing amount of nascar/beer stuff on the walls) but this place has no idea on how to deal with rock shows. Doors opened late because the sound guy was horrible, the stage setup was whack with a huge gap from the stage to the barricade, said barricade being made out of what seemed like tin foil and thus folding like cheap suit once Gaslight took the stage which then required 5 security guards to hold it up for the whole show, the list goes on and on.

I talked to Benny after the show and brought up how weird the venue was and he agreed and told me how when they walked in there was this huge confederate flag on the wall behind where he was supposed to set up and he made the venue take it down because he didn't want to be associated with it, makes me respect the dude even more. Also at this show Brian said that Alex L wrote the setlist and if we had problems with it that it was his fault but I had no complaints. Adding in the fan sign request for "Patient Ferris Wheel" was sweet.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:04 am

pookieray wrote:
Saw TGA three times this week and each show was amazing for different reasons.

8 Seconds Gainesville: I'm naturally inclined to despise anything and everything about Gainesville but this was without a doubt one of the worst venues I've ever been to for a show. I guess it's normally a country western bar(they did have a mechanical bull and a disturbing amount of nascar/beer stuff on the walls) but this place has no idea on how to deal with rock shows. Doors opened late because the sound guy was horrible, the stage setup was whack with a huge gap from the stage to the barricade, said barricade being made out of what seemed like tin foil and thus folding like cheap suit once Gaslight took the stage which then required 5 security guards to hold it up for the whole show, the list goes on and on.

I talked to Benny after the show and brought up how weird the venue was and he agreed and told me how when they walked in there was this huge confederate flag on the wall behind where he was supposed to set up and he made the venue take it down because he didn't want to be associated with it, makes me respect the dude even more. Also at this show Brian said that Alex L wrote the setlist and if we had problems with it that it was his fault but I had no complaints. Adding in the fan sign request for "Patient Ferris Wheel" was sweet.

i like that they are still playing venues like that (size-wise) but refusing to associate with that sign
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/CA Fall 2010 tour   US/CA Fall 2010 tour - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/CA Fall 2010 tour
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4