DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]

Go down 
+36
Christophe
DeathoftheCool
azlisa
AngryJohnnyN1930
wonderson189
carryon820
Daire
Little Eden
SmilinSkullRing
Izzy Eviel
TGAFAN25
talley
loazis
Midnight Rambler
steph
DaveSavedTheDay
QueenOfTheBronx
Reinvent good times
Perry
ExitEnglish
cola-connoisseur
randomhero78
massie1903
J_Schooly
CluckyB
simo
Jaywalk
Jeff
Jack
sidekicksuicide
rhg5010
IKeeptheDiner
MKULTRA
colmillionaire
Ryan
Vibes
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:47 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
1. Bring It On
2. Meet Me By The River's Edge
3. Stay Lucky
4. Miles Davis & the Cool
5. The Diamond Church Street Choir

I guess I favor the last 2 albums more than the average fan. Didn't vote, but this would've been my top 5... Bring It On is my favorite song of all time.

i'm also a bigger fan of their 2 most recent! we seem to be in the minority haha
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:52 pm

my top 5 were

1. Bring It On
2. We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
3. Señor and the Queen
4. 1930
5. Stay Lucky
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:55 pm

angryjohnnyN1930 wrote:
SmilinSkullRing wrote:
The top five that I voted for:

1. Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
2. High Lonesome
3. She Loves You
4. Old Haunts
5. We Came To Dance

I gotta tell ya... I'm lovin your style,
even your little Badlands quote, that's my ringtone Smile Hell ya!!!
Thanks! Smile Badlands is awesome. I used to have that as my ringtone but changed it awhile back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 pm

angryjohnnyN1930 wrote:
Grazer wrote:
thnx for publishing, i was already sooo curious about the results.

seems like i do not really fit in. none of the following: elvis, blue jeans & 1930 appears in my top 5, my number 1 is not even included (sooo sad about meet my be the river's edge =() and my number 2 is ranked 25...

was fun though

Dude I know Right! MMBTRE is one of my favs too, don't fret lol! My number one was cowgirls lol, where's we did it when we were young?!
MMBTRE is a great song.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:58 am

hey zack! how many different entries did you receive?!

Thanks! It's so cool to see which songs are most loved
Back to top Go down
cola-connoisseur
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cola-connoisseur

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 am

Wow, thanks for doing this, it's so interesting!
My top five was...

1. Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
2. 1930
3. Bring it On
4. Meet Me By the River's Edge
5. Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis

so pretty similar to the overall result - so annoyed MMBTRE didn't make the top 25 though... and where oh where is Stay Lucky?
I'm proud that spirit of jazz got so high though, that is an awesome song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stars-and-guitars.tumblr.com
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:35 am

Just noticed Angry Johnny at 8. That's the only Gaslight song I skip on a regular basis, the bridge is pretty awesome but just no =D

I had

Orphans
Miles Davis & The Cool
Wooderson
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?

as top 4 I believe. Which, I notice now, consists of all 4 of their releases. Suppose I'm a allround fan ^^
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:38 pm

I know it was a lot of work to put all this together but I would LOVE another voting session!
I've been thinking about my 25 hardcore, eh for what it's worth there are my top five!

1. Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
2. I Coulda Been A Contender
3. Here's Lookin At Ya, Kid
4. Old Haunts
5. We DId It When We Were Young
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks a lot for doing this Vibes, my top 5 was:
1. We Came To Dance
2. Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
3. The Diamond Church Street Choir
4. 1930
5. Bring It On

The results were similar to what i expected although T59S was better represented than i wouldve thought
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

my top 5. I put more emphasizes on how these songs sound live.

1. Angry Johnny and the Radio
2. Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
3. 1930
4. The '59 Sound
5. I'da Called you Woody,Joe
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:43 pm

i think Backseats deserved a bit more love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 am

WingsForWheels wrote:

totally agree...personally I think Cowgirls is my least favorite song on the 59sound
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

1. Casanova, Baby
2. Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts
3. The Diamond Church Street Choir
4. 1930
5. Drive

That was my top 5. Decent results.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:09 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
WingsForWheels wrote:

totally agree...personally I think Cowgirls is my least favorite song on the 59sound

Yeah, no doubt, I thought Backseats was more popular than that. That was surprising.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

totally agree...personally I think Cowgirls is my least favorite song on the 59sound[/quote]

REALLY?! lol I am in no way knockin ya man, but I'm getting a tattoo soon of a collage of my favorite TGA lyrics and the biggest one is "but not me" ! Idk, we all have those songs that just really feel like someone was watchin us and wrote a song about what they saw, cowgirls, is one of those tunes for me
Everyone is different tho, thats what makes life is interesting/amazing! lol
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:59 pm

The biggest surprise in the top 10 is "Here's Looking." I had no idea people love that song so much. I like it, and all, but that shocked me. Also, "Angry Johnny" is another surprise. That's a better live experience for me than on the studio. Both of those being above "We Came to Dance" is a shocker.

Awesome idea, though, and quite interesting results.
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I still love Tom Petty songs, and driving old men crazy! Wink
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 pm

SmilinSkullRing wrote:

THANK YOU!!! lol
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:24 pm

angryjohnnyN1930 wrote:
SmilinSkullRing wrote:

THANK YOU!!! lol
My favorite!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Got an email from Benny today. He said he showed it to Brian and the Alexs. He loved the stats and the undertaking as a whole. I wonder if it will influence future set lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 am

I predicted four out of the top five songs that made the list. I had all of them, with exception to "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?"; instead I had "Old White Lincoln" in its place. I'm very surprised that "Old White Lincoln" was not more of a favorite. When predicting which songs would make the top five, I guess with "Old White Lincoln" I got caught up in my own love for the song, rather than viewing it objectively. It would likely be amongst my top 5 TGA songs!

It will be interesting to see if these results have any impact on future TGA setlists. Personally, when seeing them live just a few weeks ago, I thought the setlist was pretty good, as they tried to include songs from every album (obviously "American Slang" was the album of focus though).

With that said, I get the sense that many fans on this forum would prefer a setlist which included more of a "Sink or Swim" focus, as oppossed to a setlist with predominately "The 59 Sound" or "American Slang" songs and while tracks from "Sink or Swim" certainly represented a large percent of the top 25 songs, I wouldn't be surprised to see quite the opposite amongst "non-forum" fans attending a TGA show, or at least preferring more of a even representation of TGA's albums on setlists. While I'm making an assumption, it seems that many forum members (or those who voted) are probably "early fans" introduced to the band during "Sink or Swim" days (or maybe some for "The 59 Sound") and often it seems like whatever album catches your attention/hooks you, will likely be your favorite or the one you lean towards most. But, with all the attention TGA has been recieving post "The 59 Sound", there are so many fans out there, many of which you could call "casual fans" (who probably lean towards "The 59 Sound" and "American Slang") which overall seems to make the forum population a small representation of TGA fans. So, while there may be a select population of TGA fans who may prefer a predominately "Sink or Swim" setlist, I don't think it would be in TGA's best interst to move backwards to play a larger percentage of "Sink or Swin" songs to satisfy a population of fans. Me personally, I think I like all of their albums pretty damn equally, and I enjoy a setlist that's pretty even when it comes to representing their albums. Wow.......sorry for rambling guys!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:07 am

i agree with carryon820! SOS is not my favorite unlike many and I don't think they would ever shy away from their new stuff because they are very proud of it. anyways, this was so hard for me to pick, but my top five songs as of right now:

1. the '59 sound
2. great expectations
3. Boxer
4. Bring It On
5. Spirit of Jazz

i do love SOS very much...but i'm super into these right now! of course songs will circulate in and out, but 59 sound is my top favorite!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 pm

missed this but really surprised the backseat isn't higher up, would be in my top 5.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:03 pm

My top five came out as

1. Here's Looking At You, Kid
2. Old White Lincoln
3. Casanova Baby!
4. The '59 Sound
5. Stay Lucky
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Wow, awesome results. Would have loved to have participated

Wouldn't have included 59 Sound in my top 10, maybe
Senor & Queen would have been lower

Red In The Morning is by far the....worst TGA song.

Ferris Wheel is in my top 5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]   The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Top 25 Gaslight Anthem Songs [the results are on page 5]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next