DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UK tour reports & pics

Go down 
+29
The Major
Snap
ral
Midnight Rambler
PJayBe
Daire
A_Note_And_A_Rose
JadedGoober7
Asleepontheforestfloor
Stalls_Standing
Johnny99
paul-r-cfc
kieran
Bea
Down by the Mersey
steph
ktp
Emyr
whoareyou
loazis
Prisoner
sundaygirl
Holland
TGAFAN25
Luca Chinaski
Palmer89
Better Sense
Scotia23
steady now steady now
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

UK tour reports & pics Empty
PostSubject: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I'd love to hear about the UK gigs we have had so far, Birmingham and Glasgow. Has anyone been? If so, can we have a reports and pics?

Thanks.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Scotia23
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Alright buddy

Just registered for the forum yesterday so being my first post, i'm a tad nervous! haha

Anyways went to the Glasgow gig last night, and having seem then twice previous i was expecting something special and i wasnt disappointed! Having followed many bands and been to countless gigs across the UK last night is up there as one of the best gigs i've been too.

The place was packed! The atmosphere was built by 2 very good support acts and as soon as the lights dimmed the place nearly erupted! If i could remember the set list i'd still not post it as i dont want to ruin anything for folks going to the rest of the tour.

If i wasnt going on holiday on Saturday i'd definately have got myself some tickets for more than just the Glasgow gig.

As far as i'm aware the band enjoyed themselves too, which is always a bonus!
Back to top Go down
Better Sense
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Better Sense

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

The Glasgow gig was awesome. They played "We're Getting a Divorce.." enough said Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi guys - first post also!

Was at Glasgow 02 last night for my first Gaslight Anthem show. Was really excited because Gaslight have became so important to me since discovering them 18 months ago. I was lucky enough to bump into Brian outside the tour bus. I got to tell him how much I loved the band and he was happy to pose for a pic with me! He was so cool and friendly and down to earth.

The show itself was everything and more I expected. The 02 is a great venue and the crowd were well pumped up. Gaslight bombarded us with classic after classic. They were energetic, tight and just plain awesome. The new stuff mixed well with the older songs. Highlights for me were Bring It On, Stay Lucky, 59 Sound, Here's Looking At You Kid and We're Getting A divorce..

Got to chat with Alex Levine outside afterwards and he was super cool like Brian. I asked him to come back soon and he said they'd be back in a few months!

All in all I couldn't have asked for any more from my first gaslight experience!

My treasured pic: UK tour reports & pics Icon_biggrin

UK tour reports & pics 002
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Did you 2 happen to shop in the same store before the picture was taken? UK tour reports & pics Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Haha - yeah I was wearing my white tee to get in Gaslight mode - the wife finds it well amusing that we're in the same clothes!! UK tour reports & pics Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm

The Gaslight Anthem
O2 Academy Birmingham, Birmingham, England
June 22, 2010

Setlist:
1.American Slang
2.Old White Lincoln
3.The Spirit of Jazz
4.Stay Lucky
5.The '59 Sound
6.Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
7.Miles Davis & The Cool
8.The Queen of Lower Chelsea
9.Bring It On
10.Old Haunts
11.Boxer
12.Orphans
13.Great Expectations
14.Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts

Encore:
15.Casanova, Baby!
16.We Came to Dance
17.State of Love and Trust (Pearl Jam cover)
18.Wooderson
19.Here's Lookin' At You, Kid
20.The Backseat / Lost In The Supermarket (The Clash cover)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm

The Gaslight Anthem
O2 Academy Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
June 23, 2010

Setlist:
American Slang
Old White Lincoln
The Spirit of Jazz
Stay Lucky
The '59 Sound
Bring It On
Boxer
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
Miles Davis & The Cool
Orphans
Great Expectation
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)

Encore:
Casanova, Baby!
We Came to Dance
Wooderson
We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner
Here's Lookin' At You, Kid
The Backseat
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 pm

I hope they start playing 1930 again!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Just got back from Manchester gig and it was so gooooood, met all the guys and had a bit of a chat ,got a pic with Brian , great great night.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sundaygirl

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Saw the Manchester show last night and it was fantastic! I reviewed the show for the magazine I write for here is the link:

http://www.themusicfix.co.uk/content/gig-review/10924/gaslight-anthem--twin-atlantic.html

Here is the link to the photos on my Flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sundaygirl006/
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:58 pm

I hope we get Baba O'Riley in Amsterdam and not SOLAD.

Or Trusty Chords
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:06 am

Prisoner wrote:
I hope we get Baba O'Riley in Amsterdam and not SOLAD.

Or Trusty Chords
Amen to that.

Trusty Chords or Baba O'Riley and I can die a happy man.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:01 am

Brixton was wild.

Had a great time meeting the band again and, for the first time, some fellow Dimestore Saints (there's a pic in the meet up thread) and spending time in line together.

The support acts were better than I had expected. I liked Shark's performance (great punk look), and was really quite impressed by Twin Atlantic (the CD is on order now).

As for the Gaslight Anthem, they sure rocked the house, and the house sure rocked. It was obvious from much of what Brian said that playing Brixton meant a huge deal to him and the band. I though he might have talked a bit more, but it didn't seem that kind of crowd. I don't have the set list ('ktp' got one again UK tour reports & pics Icon_mad), but the AS songs they didn't play were Orphans, Old Haunts and the one with the losts of Ws. The cover was Baba O'Riley.

I was on the rail with between 'ktp' and '_begbie', with 'thecosmickid' and his cool sis and cousins behind us. 'Snap' was in the gallery (which was much safer really - given the crush and the crows surfing [but that's for another thread]). Great view, but not the greatest sound.

Here are three pics; the lot are at http://www.gaslightanthem.org/brixton2010.htm

UK tour reports & pics TGABrixton20105

UK tour reports & pics TGABrixton20107

UK tour reports & pics TGABrixton201010
Brian, saviour of rock 'n' roll
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:45 pm

anyone know the setlist?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:56 pm

whoareyou wrote:
anyone know the setlist?

all setlists are at http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-gaslight-anthem-2bd644fa.html

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Great pictures. I was a little further back than I would have liked to have been, due to it being so hot, so wasn't able to get any good photos myself.

'Twas a great gig. Got my two faves from the new album so I can't complain. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:06 pm

whoareyou wrote:
anyone know the setlist?

will scan it in tomorrow at work so y'all can see it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:54 pm

they dont seem to be playing much from SOS . sad face.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:10 pm

steph wrote:

I thought exactly that. When I was anticipating each song it got to the point where I was like 'Will they play anything from Sink?' Sad
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Not sure everyone in the crowd knew the SOS stuff all that well - lots of blank looks for "We came to Dance" where I was stood. Except me and the fella next but one who got well into it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Emyr wrote:
steph wrote:

I thought exactly that. When I was anticipating each song it got to the point where I was like 'Will they play anything from Sink?' Sad
i think they're still in that "honeymoon" fase with the AS songs. those are new ones and they have been waiting a few months to play them live, while they might be a little tired of SoS songs since they've been playing them for 3 or 4 years. i think in time they will put more SoS songs into their setlist, once AS doesn't look so brand new
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:28 pm

That makes sense, Bea. I'm sure it's more exciting to play brand new songs than ones they've been playing for years now. But I'm still hoping for more! Anything from SOS will suffice...just add another one or two songs into the setlist...
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah. I see what you mean. It's great to hear the new songs.
I just thought maybe the '59 to SoS ratio could have been more equal but then I guess '59 has more 'hits'.
All Gaslight songs are great anyway!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I have to say it was the worse Gaslight show I have been to (7th time seeing them perhaps this is part of the problem). Sound was also off where I was stood. I will of course expand further latter just got back from London and im watching Stevie Wonder at Glasto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK tour reports & pics   UK tour reports & pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK tour reports & pics
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next