DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)

Go down 
+21
Reinvent good times
verbos
Bea
steph
Your_Old_55
azlisa
tdawg
Jack
Jeff
RobertODonnell
Tailschao
Asleepontheforestfloor
Vibes
Holland
lynchyeatspizza
steady now steady now
Little Eden
joe
Stevearm
talley
steffuhnee
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Your_Old_55
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Your_Old_55

"Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:48 am

Geez! I was just watching the show when I heard it! Then I called up my buddy, and we both yelled it around the school! Now we have a bunch of people at our school who are in to TGA and I'm so glad that they finally got the attention that they deserved. Being on Jay Leno doesn't hurt either hahah
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Here's a message from their Facebook page:

"We're playing Portland tonight at the Crystal Ballroom, don't forget:) And if you're not in Portland and happen to be watching ONE TREE HILL's season premiere, one of our songs closes out that program tonight, so keep an ear out for it...."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:18 pm

the comment sections says its "We did it when we were young"
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
Here's a message from their Facebook page:

"We're playing Portland tonight at the Crystal Ballroom, don't forget:) And if you're not in Portland and happen to be watching ONE TREE HILL's season premiere, one of our songs closes out that program tonight, so keep an ear out for it...."

dude, i just read that and i was gonna post it here! haha. i love OTH (dorky i know) and im totally surprised they are playing a Gaslight song, esp. that particular song, but now im really excited to watch the show tonight. they usually do a good long coda at the end of the episodes, so if they really are using it to close out the ep, that should be a good match.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:28 am

also: "we did it when we were young" was at the end of the season premiere of One Tree Hill, the entire song was played during the final scenes!
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:20 am

In the spirit of Gaslight "sightings" I walked into a Chili's in Atlanta (Dunwoody, to be exact) the other day and the last line of the song American Slang was playing. First time I've heard GA anywhere but on my ipod/in my car, so it was quite surprising.

That's awesome OTH used that song, though. I don't watch it, but an interesting song choice.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:22 am

verbos wrote:
In the spirit of Gaslight "sightings" I walked into a Chili's in Atlanta (Dunwoody, to be exact) the other day and the last line of the song American Slang was playing. First time I've heard GA anywhere but on my ipod/in my car, so it was quite surprising.

That's awesome OTH used that song, though. I don't watch it, but an interesting song choice.

Friend of mine texted me that he heard gaslight played in Chili's (in Pittsburgh area) last week. Chili's must have made a corporate decision to add them in their rotation. Cool.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Hah, wonder how that conversation at Chili's headquarters goes:

"We need something that really grabs these people emotionally and spiritually while they're eating ribs and cheese fries..."
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:20 am

Reinvent good times wrote:
verbos wrote:

Friend of mine texted me that he heard gaslight played in Chili's (in Pittsburgh area) last week. Chili's must have made a corporate decision to add them in their rotation. Cool.

I actually heard T59S playing at the Waterfront theater in Pittsburgh last summer. (Well after it was off most radio). Its cool the various sightings they get, but honestly I wish they'd get more. I don't get it -- do most people just not get gaslight when they first year it, or have most people still not even heard any of their songs???
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:55 am

Clucky-- I agree. Can't believe that they are not gaining even more popularity or radio play. But think about it though---Radio is so stinkin' fragmented anymore with different genres, and hip hop, rap, top 40 etc...Good old school rock-n-roll is a dying breed. I just can't fathom how someone isn't a huge fan if you've ever spent one hour listenting to them.

Unfortunately, it's an indictment on today's culture and society that they aren't more popular.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm

I've never even heard them mentioned on the radio here in Atlanta, but I rarely listen to the radio, so maybe it's me. They had great attendance at their last show here in October 2009. Much larger crowd than I expected for a band that doesn't get radio play. But, I guess bands like The Arcade Fire have huge showings and I never hear them on the radio either.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 pm

I heard old haunts when I was in a 3 store looking for a phone. Guess if I bought one there Razz
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Whoa! Two other PIttsburghers in the thread!

The entire American Slang album was featured for a day at the XGames this past summer. So cool to hear it, on ESPN
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Whoa! Two other PIttsburghers in the thread!

The entire American Slang album was featured for a day at the XGames this past summer. So cool to hear it, on ESPN

There are like 4-5 of us here. Either is random luck or a lot of Pittsburghers like TGA (in which case they shouldn't have skiped us twice =P)
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Tell me about it...

(p.s. go steelers)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Ha, tpretty cool. Especially on a small fansite.

Yea, no Gaslight on any tour recently... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 am

already heard them playing at the X-Games earlier this year, but this was amazing: so i'm in Rome for the X-Fighters final, i arrive to the stadium, i sit down and have some laughs with my friends, and after 10min or so of waiting, guess what starts playing blasting through the speakers?? Stay Lucky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Their Facebook page says tonight another one of their songs will be featured on One Tree Hill, this time American Slang.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
Their Facebook page says tonight another one of their songs will be featured on One Tree Hill, this time American Slang.
One Tree Hill has always featured not-well-known bands who have become quite popular afterwards, although they've always been more indie/pop/slow kind of songs... TGA just feels out of place in that show, the previous time they were featured i felt like something was not right, it felt kind of odd... but it's still good publicity for them so i guess we should be happy about it
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm

I can't believe one tree hill is even on anymore considering half their main cast isnt even on the show anymore. but yay for TGA! the CW as a whole is known for their shows playing more unknown music.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:19 am

Bea wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
One Tree Hill has always featured not-well-known bands who have become quite popular afterwards, although they've always been more indie/pop/slow kind of songs... TGA just feels out of place in that show, the previous time they were featured i felt like something was not right, it felt kind of odd... but it's still good publicity for them so i guess we should be happy about it
Well, I had never watched the show before WDIWWWY was used, so I didn't really know/care whether it fit in with the show's tone, but I thought the execution of it was pretty good. I might find this episode online to see how AS was used, but someone will have to tell me what part it's in, because I'm not going to watch an entire episode.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:49 am

Harry Lime wrote:
Bea wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
Well, I had never watched the show before WDIWWWY was used, so I didn't really know/care whether it fit in with the show's tone, but I thought the execution of it was pretty good. I might find this episode online to see how AS was used, but someone will have to tell me what part it's in, because I'm not going to watch an entire episode.
AS wasn't played in this episode, i don't know why they said it would. instead, The Diamond Church Street Choir was heard for about 20s in the background -.- ...
and apparently, even if it's said that the show is filmed in North Carolina, a few scenes have been filmed in New Brunswick (the hospital of New Brunswick appears on the show)
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:38 am

Old Haunts on One Tree Hill last night, full song... am I the only one who finds this weird? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2