DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)

Go down 
+21
Reinvent good times
verbos
Bea
steph
Your_Old_55
azlisa
tdawg
Jack
Jeff
RobertODonnell
Tailschao
Asleepontheforestfloor
Vibes
Holland
lynchyeatspizza
steady now steady now
Little Eden
joe
Stevearm
talley
steffuhnee
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

"Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Empty
PostSubject: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:07 am

Oh my,my Virginia how they have grown! :']
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:20 am

I saw that tonight too, felt great to hear knowing a huge number of people are listening to them for the first time, great exposure for the boys.
Great show, better song
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:23 am

Yeah, it made me happy. The Gaslight Anthem Magic is being spread. They deserve it. <33
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:23 am

anyone have a clip of it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:50 am

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=4II563SB

at about 37:20
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:30 am

love it!
wish i was a fan of the show so i could've watched it. maybe i'll watch the link tomorrow
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:44 am

it comes just after the line "leading to serious mental deterioration"; hey, TGA fans aren't all mad "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_smile

anyway, it's great they included that song
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:02 am

Just watched from 37 onwards to hear the song. WTF is this show? Scary doctor, Asain lady with explosive box, guy with his old gameboy? I am thankful we dont have it in Australia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:44 am

GREAT SCOTT!!!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:46 am

It doesnt fit at all
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Holland wrote:
It doesnt fit at all

that's a shame from a viewer standpoint
but as a TGA fan who has no interest in the show I'm like "publicity hellz yeah!"
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

There are two reasons why this is big.

1) Gaslight was on national television at the end of a show. People pay more attention to music played at the end since story lines are coming to an end and less focus can be placed on what's happening in the show.

2) It came at the end and resolution of a HUGE story arc. Chuck is one of those shows where the male and female main characters have a huge sexual tension that remains unresolved forever. Their song appeared on the show during the moment of that story arc closing up. It's the song associated with the two characters getting together so it's more monumental than just another 'end of the episode' song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm

haha that's so awesome!
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:55 pm

That's soooo rad! Too bad they didn't find a better show to get their song in! But any publicity on this level should be good!
Back to top Go down
amoc

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Chuck is just like TGA. More people need to watch the show just like more people need to listen the band. It was kind of sad when the song came on I got all excited and realized that I know hardly anyone who has heard of TGA or Chuck for that matter. Two great things that definately need to and hopefully will get huge one day.
Back to top Go down
Tailschao
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:11 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
Just watched from 37 onwards to hear the song. WTF is this show? Scary doctor, Asain lady with explosive box, guy with his old gameboy? I am thankful we dont have it in Australia.
Somehow I don't think that watching the last 5 minutes of the 16th episode of the 3rd season of a TV show is the best way to get a feel for what it is, what it's about and how good it is (and it really is) "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_wink

Anyway, yeah, it surprised me when it came on. Very cool though, even though I agree that it didn't fit what was going on.

EDIT: Wow is this really my first post here? Damn I hadn't realised. Clearly too much lurking confuses the mind "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Tailschao wrote:
lynchyeatspizza wrote:
Somehow I don't think that watching the last 5 minutes of the 16th episode of the 3rd season of a TV show is the best way to get a feel for what it is, what it's about and how good it is (and it really is) "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_wink

Anyway, yeah, it surprised me when it came on. Very cool though, even though I agree that it didn't fit what was going on.

EDIT: Wow is this really my first post here? Damn I hadn't realised. Clearly too much lurking confuses the mind "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_surprised

Hahahahaha! Welcome "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:28 pm

If they played a TGA song on Lost ... it might be a little too awesome.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:57 am

Harry Lime wrote:
If they played a TGA song on Lost ... it might be a little too awesome.

I have to agree. Or if it were on Heroes, that would be pretty amazing as well
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:37 am

It would have been best if it was at the end of a show like How I Met Your Mother. But whatever, it's still cool.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Jlblue wrote:
It would have been best if it was at the end of a show like How I Met Your Mother. But whatever, it's still cool.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:27 pm

I haven't watched any Chuck this season... wish I had though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:26 am

tdawg wrote:
I haven't watched any Chuck this season... wish I had though!

trust me, it's been great this season.

Also good to see the youtube video for Here's Looking At You, Kid has recently had a bump in hits/views.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:49 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:

LOL! funny you say that! the main girl in the show is from australia and has an aussie accent (she just uses her "american" accent in the show). but its an AWESOME show.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:51 am

I'm a huge Chuck fan and a huge TGA fan...so I was all excited when I saw this and even tweeted Josh (show creator) and thanked him for playing TGA on this show. The creator of this show also does Gossip Girl. Anyways, Chuck is a sweet sweet show. It will be starting its 4th season next month on NBC Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)   "Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Here's Looking At You, Kid" was on CHUCK (on NBC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next