DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My life changing obsession.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My life changing obsession. Empty
PostSubject: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey, everybody. My name's Sarah, from a boring little city in Wisconsin. I found out about The Gaslight Anthem about 5 or 6 months ago from one of my favorite bands, and my perspective on music was pretty much changed instantly. I listen to music differently and write it differently thanks to them. So I decided to join here in order to learn more about the band, and possibly find some rare songs; B-sides, demos, and such. Gaslight has quickly become one of my favorite bands, and I tend to read every interview and listen to any song I can when ever that happens. Pretty sure that Brian and Alex's cover of "Come Together" is the best cover ever in the existence of time. Looking forward to American Slang, as I refuse to download it, and also learning a ton of stuff here!

cheers.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Welcome the boards. Good to hear there are others that wont download the leak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:30 pm

welcome!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm

welcome glad to have you
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Sarah, what was the band that got you into TGA? Be sure to check out the Audio section, we have a ton of live recordings... my personal favorite is Brian's solo show at the Black Cat... but that is because he talks about me in it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes, everybody! e7c, Tegan Quin from Tegan and Sara originally told me about TGA, but I really got a bigger interest through Against Me!. I started looking at the audio section right away. I'll for sure check out the show at the Black Cat! I saw in the thread about meeting the band that you've met them many times, and even got to sing on stage. Very cool! Hope I get to meet them one day!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Against Me! is the band that got me into TGA! I should be seeing them in 2 weeks if my work schedule allows it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Lucky!! They almost never come to Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:18 am

Obsession? I know the feeling. Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:09 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Obsession? I know the feeling. Welcome to the board.

Hello, my name is Echo Six Charlie and I am a TGA addict.
Back to top Go down
jennylenore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:02 am

Hey there! Where in Wisconsin are you from? I grew up in a tiny little town there! TGA is my obsession as well. I never knew how much I could love a band til they came along...anyways, welcome!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:53 am

e7c wrote:

You starting to forget your name is worrying me that maybe you have other addictions too My life changing obsession. Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:26 am

e7c wrote:

You starting to forget your name is worrying me that maybe you have other addictions too My life changing obsession. Icon_eek

oops! I forgot that I changed from e6c to e7c.

Hello, my name is Echo SEVEN Charlie and I have problems... lots of problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm

e7c wrote:
e7c wrote:

oops! I forgot that I changed from e6c to e7c.

Hello, my name is Echo SEVEN Charlie and I have problems... lots of problems.

hahhahaha, you two are funny!

jennylenore, I'm from Mayville. It's about an hour or so from Milwaukee. How about you?
Back to top Go down
jennylenore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:35 pm

I know where that is...I grew up in Pepin about 7 miles from the MN border and also lived in Appleton for some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:22 am

Never been to Pepin, but I know right where Appleton is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My life changing obsession.   My life changing obsession. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My life changing obsession.
Page 1 of 1