DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US radio station recommendadtion?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

US radio station recommendadtion? Empty
PostSubject: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi there!
Can any of the Stateside members recommend any stations that I can get online? Here in the UK I'm hooked on Absolute Radio...love old rock (think Aerosmith, Van Halen....) but am trying to broaden my music knowledge...Absolute introduced me to TGA and KOL, but plays the great old stuff too...any US suggestions?
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:54 pm

101.9rxp is pretty much the best "rock" station and few left around here. The main dj Matt Pinfield grew up in Jersey and has always been a huge supporter of local music. They play a good mix of new and older stuff as well. Few different streams you can pick from on the site.

http://www.1019rxp.com/
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 am

FM 94.9 out of San Diego, California is the best radio station that I have ever listened to. I've only lived in a few cities (San Diego, Orange County, Chicago, Austin, Idaho Falls), but 94.9 blows them all out of the water.

check them out at fm949sd.com

on a side note, John Reis, also known as "Speedo" or "Swami" is the Saturday night DJ and is incredible. Reis has been in a slew of bands including Rocket From The Crypt, Drive Like Jehu, Sultans, Back Off Cupids, Pitchfork, and most recently The Night Marchers. He also runs the Swami Records label that released the new Bronx mariachi album. definitely and interesting guy.

i can't imagine a commercial station being better than these guys are.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

KEXP is one of my favs; it's a Seattle radio station that plays a lot of indie stuff. They're related to NPR somehow, but it's all music. Good in studio sessions too (TGA played there a couple of times).
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi all, thanks so much for these, great! Haven't had a chance to listen yet, will do later in the week. Much appreciated. KK
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:17 pm

New Dallas area public radio station (no commercials!) just started today: 91.7 KXT
http://kxt.org/listen/

Very cool so far. Mostly indie rock and the like, but there's a variety of shoes; lots of blues and jazz thrown in there. Really good selection. Today so far, I've heard Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, One eskimO, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Neko Case, Black Joe Lewis.... pretty diverse and good selection. Not much in the way of punk, but that's okay. TGA's as punk as I get. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:11 pm

May be off topic and a bit of a stretch, but does anyone listen to or podcast the Preston And Steve show from 93.3 WMMR Philadelphia?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US radio station recommendadtion?   US radio station recommendadtion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US radio station recommendadtion?
Page 1 of 1